View full 2014-15 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Classical Mechanic

Absolutely terrific performance from McNair so far, I thought. Particularly given it's his first game in two months. He's got a good shout for being our best (and certainly most composed) CB on the ball.
Impressive stuff from him. Definitely the most natural on the ball out of all the defenders.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He's an odd one; he sometimes makes a great run forward, but then other times he has several good options to pass to then gets scared and goes back to DDG. Good half for someone who hasn't played in a while against the top team.

prateik

He started off as an attacking midfielder... so him being good on the ball isnt really that surprising.
He looks more confident now.. and looks bigger too. Bulked up as the caf would say.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Very, very impressive performance.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Impressive performance. Think LVG will turn him into a very good player.

Manny

Grammar Police
Good performance from him particularly in the first half.

Should start ahead of Jones if he plays like that week in week out

Classical Mechanic

Good performance from him particularly in the first half.

Should start ahead of Jones if he plays like that week in week out
Settle down now. He had little defending to as Chelsea sat in. He was great on the ball but despite the opposition and venue it was not the hardest game for the centre backs.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What a performance from the kid. I actually thought he might be the weakest link today. Proved me wrong.

khoazany

I actually think he' still a bit safe at times.I know he's capable of being more adventurous than this whilst not screwing it up.Should start in those games that we're expected to dominate possession as he can offer something valuable on the ball.

Devil may care

Couldn't ask for more from him, excellent on the ball and showed good nous on more than one occasion to cut a pass out.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
He didn't have a lot of defending to do, but he did pretty much everything well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
McNair was very accomplished today. His early season promise hasn't faded. Very bright future ahead of him.

Sweet Square

Couldn't watch the game today(shitty internet)but he's improved massively this season(recent performances in the u21 have been very good)

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Our second best player today (to Shaw) in my opinion. Was confident on and off the ball, didnt seem overawed by the occasion in the slightest.

I was impressed by him at RB a few months ago, and was impressed with him at CB today. Seems like a real prospect.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I actually think he' still a bit safe at times.I know he's capable of being more adventurous than this whilst not screwing it up.Should start in those games that we're expected to dominate possession as he can offer something valuable on the ball.
Yeah. Save it for the home games, I'd say.

Eriku

What a first season he's having. The way he carried the ball forward and spread it out to the left wing was absolutely marvellous. Not to mention his two cracking efforts at goal. Struck the ball clean as you like.

settembrini

He was great. His development is one of the reasons I don't think we need a new centre back.

Raw

What a big job he's had to do today, and he's done well. I'm not sure if we should send him on loan somewhere or keep him and give him some games at United.

He's got potential that's for sure.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Could we mould him into the new Carrick?.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Christ on a bike! Should we not try to mould him into a first team defender competing for a place when all are fit before that!
Why? hes clearly better on the ball than most CBS and lets face it he will get more time as a DM than a CB!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This kid definitely has a future here. Hope he keeps improving. Hummels-Rojo, Smalling-Jones and Mcnair should have our centre backs for next year.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I think he could have a top future ahead of him. Very impressed today.

mu77

um the kid was very cool. not looking to hide. did very well.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
This was Chelsea away! I think we're expected to dominate every game now...