5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Acole9

Outstanding
I take back what I said about him in the Tyler Blackett thread. It was the correct decision to play him over Blackett, he can be very proud of his performance today and who would've thought he'd have a shot on goal like that. He's not short of confidence clearly.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He plays with a certain reassuring confidence and swagger. Hard to believe him and Shaw are still teenagers.

m1y2

The problem is he's a defender who's pretty poor at actually defending. Rio had occasional lapses in concentration but Blackett regularly makes the wrong decisions, gets over powered by smaller opponents, gets beaten in the air by smaller opponents, pushes up when he should drop back, doesn't track runners well and gives the ball away in dangerous areas. Its no coincidence that he looked good in pre season because opponents were lacking fitness and sharpness as he is good on the ball when he's not pressured but he's looked poor since then. He's a cb who only looks comfortable playing on the left side of a 3 at the back as he gets a lot of cover from the other cb's and from the wing back.
spot on with every word, it's a shame as his physicality and athleticism would make him a great player if he possessed football brain. It would be a real miracle if Van Gaal turned him into some player

Nucks

RT History Department
His runs up the middle reminded me of playing Highschool basketball as a power forward.

"What is going on here? Why am I bringing the ball up? Wait, nobody is going to guard me? IM GOING HARD TO THE RACK!"

I loved it ;p

surf

He seems like Blind, great mind and technique but lacking the athleticism to become a top class defender. We'll see.

m1y2

he's a massive talent - way ahead of Blackett.

Is CB his best position though? he's got a great shot on him
I was thinking whether he could play as DM and I am of the opinion that he could after watching this game, he could be our Chambers, versatile defensive player..his passing is really good actually have an eye for pass, his movement with the ball is great, benefiting from playing as a midfielder earlier in his career, I actually never watched him playing there I know him only from u21 where he played only as CB IIRC. He's got good passing range and shot too, I'd definitely like to see him there. For CB he's little bit too tiny and lacks a yard of pace, it wouldn't mean a world in midfield.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Impressive performance. Was worried Drogba would bully him, but he seemed fine.

Bright future - let's hope he develops even further.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's really suprised me, just thought he would be another youth product that would find his place at a lower level. However he seems to be quietly growing and may well have a future at the club. I would like to see him hit the gym and bulk up, he can afford to add that physicality as a CB.

Bojan11

He was good. But he rather face Drogba than Costa or Remy. You know what you'd get with Drogba. He's done well in the big games.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Very good on the ball as per usual. Didn't have much defending to do as we were so dominant on the ball. Not convinced by his defending so I'm not sure where his long term position would be.

pascell

Had a solid game today, looked very comfortable and composed in possession. I think we need to bring in a new CB and loan McNair out for a season to a PL team.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Had a solid game today, looked very comfortable and composed in possession. I think we need to bring in a new CB and loan McNair out for a season to a PL team.
I get the impression McNair and Blackett may be loaned next year.

Skills

Snitch
Probably the best part about this system is that it gives us an opportunity to play young players in positions like defence and midfield. He didn't have much defending to do but got valuable game time. The system's really compact so a young player can slot in as long as the others are pretty experienced.

Will be a lot tougher breaking in as a CF though unless you are capable of playing out wide.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
He has a bright future. IDK he might be ready to make a big contribution next year.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
A fine display in what was always going to be a real test. Didn't look out of place.

khoazany

Disagree.I think we can still afford game times for one of them next season.If a new CB comes surely Evans will be sold.Ideal situation is Blackett loaned out.TFM/Tuanzebe to cover in the case we really feck it up with injuries.

SalfordRed1960

Would do them the world of good. McNair needs to play consistently in a back four for a mid table club, not a relegation bound club. I think Blackett needs to drop down to maybe the championship, maybe a promotion challenging side to get some consistent playing time and confidence. He looked uncomfortable today when he came on.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Love the balls on Paddy......Not literally, as I haven't seen them nor do I wanna tbf.

But, nothing seems to phase him...Apart from that game at Southampton, which was strange....Other than that, high hopes for him

ricky-romeo

Impressive. Look so confident on the ball too.

We need to sign a world class CB if we are going for the league and CL next season but i would love to reserve a place in the team for mcnair.

Such a confident young man.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Love the balls on Paddy......Not literally, as I haven't seen them nor do I wanna tbf.

But, nothing seems to phase him...Apart from that game at Southampton, which was strange....Other than that, high hopes for him
I don't think a young player having a tough time of it in a tough game is strange. That's football.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What a difference when played in his natural position LVG will be well pleased for him. Was outstanding at the back yesterday.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I really like him. Smooth as feck on the ball. Is Thorpe really better than him? McNair doesn't seem to be fazed by the big stage at a all. Should probably have tracked hazards run though.

amolbhatia50k

I think given he's good on the ball McNair could provide good cover for both centre back and right back positions. On the other hand playing week in week out will make him develop into a proper tough defender.

I'd send him to one of the more technical teams like Swansea, Southampton etc

LR7

I really like him. Smooth as feck on the ball. Is Thorpe really better than him? McNair doesn't seem to be fazed by the big stage at a all. Should probably have tracked hazards run though.
I think it's Herrera who should have tracked Hazard's run.

amolbhatia50k

I think it's Herrera who should have tracked Hazard's run.
Herrera should have but most likely would have struggled to cope with hazards pace. As would carrick I think. McNair was deeper and didn't have anyone to mark I think, given shaw had covered one of the two attackers (with smalling on the other?).

I would have to see it again, but it's one of those situations where you need a few players to be alert.

Gannicus

I love this kid. He was immense today and his future is bright.

If I were Phil Jones I would carefully review the video of how Paddy plays football.

LR7

Herrera should have but most likely would have struggled to cope with hazards pace. As would carrick I think. McNair was deeper and didn't have anyone to mark I think, given shaw had covered one of the two attackers (with smalling on the other?).

I would have to see it again, but it's one of those situations where you need a few players to be alert.
McNair was over in the left CB position, nowhere near Hazard. If anything it would have been Smallings job - but I wouldn't even put much blame on Smalling tbh. I seriously don't think McNair did anything wrong for the goal. Have a look again.

I hope McNair keeps his spot in the team after that performance. He deserves to.

Red_Aaron

Very good on the ball, composed and confident. With the right defensive coaching he could be a very good player for us, was impressive all game