Panic Station

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
[disclaimer]this is just a hypothetical question, no way i'm expecting this nor hoping for this to happen [/disclaimer]

We have lost 3 league games on a bounce. I don't remember such a bad run since I've started supporting United.
What sort of result this season would get Moyes sacked? 20 points before Christmas would suffice?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Rooney, Van Persie, Carrick, Evans, De Gea in key positions aren't good enough to beat West Brom? Would one of their players get in our team? Lot of shite being talked.
None probably, but there is seriously something wrong with this team. They just seem to be completely demotivated.

Castia

Who gives a feck what City did? why are people using that as a excuse to our poor results?
Im not going into panic mode, there's a long way to go but everything we have seen so far as looked shit, results aside our general play is horrible as well.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Who gives a feck what City did? why are people using that as a excuse to our poor results?
Im not going into panic mode, there's a long way to go but everything we have seen so far as looked shit, results aside our general play is horrible as well.

It makes it worse for me that City lost.

acnumber9

None probably, but there is seriously something wrong with this team. They just seem to be completely demotivated.
That's part of the managers job. It's not something I thought would be a problem for Moyes and we may hope that it's something he can turn round.

DomesticTadpole

[disclaimer]this is just a hypothetical question, no way i'm expecting this nor hoping for this to happen [/disclaimer]

We have lost 3 league games on a bounce. I don't remember such a bad run since I've started supporting United.
What sort of result this season would get Moyes sacked? 20 points before Christmas would suffice?
Problem with that scenario is that it would make Fergie and the board look complete fools for telling the fans to get behind the manager and giving him a 6 year contract. Would Fergie have asked the fans to get behind the manager if it was Jose or Pep taking over, I think not.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That is Sir Alex fault in the first place, he had years to rectify that and he just left it. Now the new manager has been left with the problem.

Disagree, DT. We had invention under Ferguson and had genuine pace. Our movement was at times rubbish last season, but to blame it on Ferguson isn't right. We haven't scored from open play since the opening day DT, that isn't Fergusons fault! It's down to our tactics, use of players etc.

We have to give Dave time, but this is a real concern. It's not even like we look better defensively, we're back to where we were at the start of last season when we were allowing the opposition to score 1/2 goals a game. Just this time round we have no route to get back into the game and therefore we aren't getting the results.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
When Fergie said "Stand by your manager", what he was actually saying was "lets panic, bitch and moan if things are not looking good after the first 6 games of the season, Moyes out!"

acnumber9

96/97 we lost three in a row, Newcastle, Southampton and Chelsea.

Hellboy

Rooney, Van Persie, Carrick, Evans, De Gea in key positions aren't good enough to beat West Brom? Would one of their players get in our team? Lot of shite being talked.

You don't have to question all the team. Some individuals had awful gams : Buttner, Anderson and Rio were horrible.

Phil

I'm definitely worried. A top 4 finish is a concern. It's not inconceivable for us to miss out. But, we have to keep calm and let Moyes do his job. Barring flirtation with relegation, we need to keep our fingers off the panic button.
feck me, could not disagree more.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
GM, City were away. Yeah they shouldn't have got beat, but its still a much harder fixture than Baggies at home.

The real concern for me is how awful we've been upfront. No movement, no invention, no pace. Baggies made us look fairly ordinary today at home. It's not even a blip either, it's been like that since pre season.

Yeah, my main concern is that we're not actually creating any clear cut chances. But there's a difference between being concerned about a few things and all out panicking. I'm sure Moyes knows that there are problems and he'll be assessing the situation and hopefully fix it. But we need to give him a chance to figure out the problems and sort them out.
I'm not running around the room pulling my hair out, but I am concerned about a number of things.

I'm wondering if the players are fighting for the manager. Some to me don't seem to be.
Yeah, it seemed that only a few players were really trying to make things happen. But we need to become defensively solid. He needs to stop following on from the mistakes that Fergie was making, i.e playing Jones/Smalling at full back, playing buttner and I hate to say it but it's time to start phasing out Rio unless he can find his form again, he needs a kick up the arse.

But yeah, like I said, my main concern is that we're not actually testing the keeper and we need to sort that out as well.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It isn't so much the results that have been the concern, it's been the performances. We've been awful. No tempo, no creativity, no clue.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
It's been a bad start. I think we'll improve. I think we'll finish in the top three. I think we have a decent chance of winning the league.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I don't think Rio is a player who lacks motivation. I think he may have been overused so far.

Yeah, there was a reason he wasn't playing 5 games on the bounce last season.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

You don't have to question all the team. Some individuals had awful gams : Buttner, Anderson and Rio were horrible.

I have to question Anderson's inclusion in the first place. I would have shipped him off in the summer. Buttner is way too inconsistent and Rio is really beginning to show his age.

DomesticTadpole

Disagree, DT. We had invention under Ferguson and had genuine pace. Our movement was at times rubbish last season, but to blame it on Ferguson isn't right. We haven't scored from open play since the opening day DT, that isn't Fergusons fault! It's down to our tactics, use of players etc.

We have to give Dave time, but this is a real concern. It's not even like we look better defensively, we're back to where we were at the start of last season when we were allowing the opposition to score 1/2 goals a game. Just this time round we have no route to get back into the game and therefore we aren't getting the results.
The defense is abysmal. The fact that Sir Alex asked for time for Moyes, actually makes me think he wanted him for the job, but wasn't entirely convinced he was up to it. They will have to give him time or they will look stupid.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Ok.

We have had a very poor start to the season and it clearly isn't acceptable, but we have just lost the greatest manager that ever lived and replaced him with a man with proven longevity, but no real experience of managing at this level.

Moyes needs time, he needs to get to know the squad, their needs, their behavioral patterns and which type of environment best suits them.

We clearly need investment, Fellaini was a decent aquisition but isn't our box to box midfield answer, Rio sadly looks passed it and fabio seems to have tried it on with Moyes's daughter or something because while his brother has been injured/suspended I would have thought that Fabio would have been an ideal replacement, allowing Jones/Smalling to get a decent run of games at centre half.

What we need to do as a collective fan base now, is stand up (metophorically) and get behind the lads. We are used to success, but THIS is when the players need us most.

There is no need for panic stations yet, but we have to stand up and be counted with every single player. This is a rallying cry of sorts. Moyes needs us and the players need us, this is probably going to be a tough season.

Buckle up!

Ronnie O'Sullivan

The defense is abysmal. The fact that Sir Alex asked for time for Moyes, actually makes me think he wanted him for the job, but wasn't entirely convinced he was up to it. They will have to give him time or they will look stupid.

Of course we must give Moyes some time but he must quickly learn from his mistakes before we become like Liverpool. Once we go down that road it can be really difficult to get back to the top.

DomesticTadpole

Of course we must give Moyes some time but he must quickly learn from his mistakes before we become like Liverpool. Once we go down that road it can be really difficult to get back to the top.
I just worry that if we are miles off the pace by January that Rooney and RVP will be agitating for a move. That will just be a nightmare for Moyes.

Ixion

I am actually concerned we might not be playing champions league football next year.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

I just worry that if we are miles off the pace by January that Rooney and RVP will be agitating for a move. That will just be a nightmare for Moyes.

I got the feeling Rooney will ask to leave by the end of the season, and our poor form (if it continues) may also accelerate his desire to leave. I don't think RvP will be going anywhere but he will certainly be wondering if it's his Arsenal episode all over again!

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
It's been a worrying few weeks no doubt. But I don't think it's time for panic stations. We haven't been playing well and we've had some very bad results. The last two league games being particularly bad. The Liverpool game was like many Liverpool games in recent years and they scraped a 1-0 win. The trouncing by City and the loss today are bad though, no doubt. We haven't been playing well either which is all the more worrying.

But...

We've just gone through the biggest change in this clubs recent history. Moyes needs time to get things right. Anyone saying he is out of his depth is doing him a disservice and judging him to quickly. Things we would have laughed at other club's fans for doing when they were going through rough periods. Things will pick up. We have a title winning squad there and while we all would have liked to strengthen a bit more over the summer, we didn't so we have to get on with the squad we have. While Ashley Young and a few more might not be up the standard we would like, we still have 20-25 players of a very high standard and we need to believe that the manager and the squad will turn things around.

Anyone that is calling for the managers head or saying he's not up to the job only has to look at the people who did and said the same about Fergie 20 odd years ago to see how silly you can look. Now I'm not, for one second, claiming that Moyes will have even a fraction of the success Sir Alex had, but we need to give him time and give him the chance to create another successful spell for us. That may or may not start this season, but we shouldn't let the last 20 years of dominance cloud our judgement of what success is. No United manager has ever won a major trophy in their first season in the job. Now OK, Moyes has been left a squad with a chance of winning something in his first year, but we mustn't be calling for his head if we're trophy-less in his first season.

Cina

Maybe those people who said SAF was just getting great things out of a not so great squad were right and any manager who wasn't him was going to find it difficult?

No?

Ok then

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Pre season wasn't good, the Rooney saga hasn't helped, the transfer window was shocking and on the pitch we have started badly.
What do some players think of Rooney being made captain?
Moyes was not my choice but now he is here the fans should get behind him.

Traub

We've looked the worst out of all the top teams which includes Liverpool and Everton. That ranks us at 8th which is mid-table. Not good enough.

rio's upper lip

I think Moyes only would be fired this season if relegation was a real possibilty. Which would never happen, so he'll stay.

Commadus

No need to panic. But it doesn't come as a surprise. Succession planning was poor.

Aporkalypse

The players he picked should have got us the result today had they played at anything like their full ability. Although Buttner and Jones should never be starting full-backs unless we have an injury crisis.

Ferdinand has fecked it today, and I think he'll be targeted by teams in the future because of that. For that reason I'd rather see Smalling start and learn from any mistakes he makes, as opposed to Ferdinand who has passed his peak.