Panic Station

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Anyone not worried is lying, to themselves and others.

I'm not worried, I just accept that we're in a transitional phase and it doesn't necessarily click into place straight away. City lost to Villa today ffs, should they be worried as well?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Wonder if we will lose some of our shittier fans if this continues. Always a silver lining

I'm not usually one for panicking but this is starting to worry me now. Our response should have been better than this. We are seriously underperforming and we're much better than this.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm not worried, I just accept that we're in a transitional phase and it doesn't necessarily click into place straight away. City lost to Villa today ffs, should they be worried as well?
A transitional period doesn't have to be viewed as negative you know? We shouldn't drop standards because of one.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Well I'm not buying that tbh mate. You are not concerned in the slightest? Also, why is it only us that have to go through this transition period when we change a manager? City, Chelsea, barca and RM do so all the time and still challenge for top honors.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
We have a lot more to lose than city in fairness. Top 3 for every single pl season thus far, and if results don't improve we might find ourself fighting for 4Th.

Summit

Nothing to do with him, some players are not good enough and should be shown the door.

If they aren't good enough, then you have to ask why they are on the pitch, no?

Someone

Something
Moyes needs time, but it's not good when everything we've feared might go wrong goes wrong and even worse.

We don't play any kind of decent football, we haven't played well against our rivals, and now this.

Being a new manager isn't an excuse to have a shit start, when saf took over we were terrible, we had to give him time, moyes is managing the champions of england, surely that should mean something.

I've never seen the premier league that competitive, we're not guaranteed anything, we take the CL spot for granted, but we can't afford having an off year.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I'm definitely worried. A top 4 finish is a concern. It's not inconceivable for us to miss out. But, we have to keep calm and let Moyes do his job. Barring flirtation with relegation, we need to keep our fingers off the panic button.

Commadus

When will it be panic stations? What wil it take to say enough is enough?

Genius Me!

Well I'm not buying that tbh mate. You are not concerned in the slightest? Also, why is it only us that have to go through this transition period when we change a manager? City, Chelsea, barca and RM do so all the time and still challenge for top honors.

Erm what have Chelsea been challenging for in the past couple of years? Other than the champions league aside, I'm talking about the league. They chop and change their manager every season. City, they've won the league once?

No, I'm not particularly concerned. Of course I'd rather we win, but I'm not going to throw my arms in the air and cry about it because it won't really achieve anything. Fergie told us to stand by our new manager, and I guess that's exactly what I'll do come rain or shine.

Nickosaur

Anyone not worried is lying, to themselves and others.
Frustrated and angry yeah, because no matter how people sugar coat it, we lost to West Brom at home. I'm not worried though. Maybe it's because no other teams are exactly setting the league alight, and the fact that our start was always going to be difficult. Yes, that doesn't excuse the losses (especially today), some of the team selections, and less than impressive performances, but to be fair we are 6 games in. 6! I'm as pissed off as anyone, but things will improve, I'm confident of that.

Dreaded

We are 6 games into the season 3 points behind City and 4 behind Chelsea no great evidence that they are far better positioned than we are so.

Summit

The more concerning thing for me, is that the two teams you thought would be battling it out for 4th, are going strong at the top of the league. :lol:

Moriarty

We have a lot more to lose than city in fairness. Top 3 for every single pl season thus far, and if results don't improve we might find ourself fighting for 4Th.
Results have to improve. Moyes wasn't my choice for manager but, as another poster said, the failure to strengthen the team in the summer sort of cut the ground away from under him from the off. Can't blame him for that. If we're still in the doldrums come December, then it'll be time to re-assess.

Sam

There was always a chance this could happen, whoever came in to replace Fergie to be perfectly honest.

Genius Me!

Of course. It's not ideal, there's only 6 points in it at the moment and a couple of games can change things. Obviously I don't think today is good enough, but I don't think we need to panic yet.

LR7

Our fans need to be patient. There us no need for doom and gloom yet. Moyes needs time and we all need to remember that Sir Alex told every single one if us to get behind him, that's our jobs now. The media will slaughter him by themselves, the fans needn't.
It hasn't been a good start, Moyes himself will admit that but let's not go overboard. City lost to Cardiff and Villa.

Things might take a while but I believe Moyes will come good.

Member 5225

The bad'uns will start showing themselves now.
oh no, you're right...absolutely mate. Any fan that doesn't just sit around nonchalantly and not voice an opinion when the team plays terribly and has the worst start to a season since 1989/1990. Yeah, the *real* fans will shut up and put up...the one's that don't care will start getting worried. Right behind you mate...

Summit

We are 6 games into the season 3 points behind City and 4 behind Chelsea no great evidence that they are far better positioned than we are so.

I know exactly how many games we are into the season mate, and I know that we have lost 50% of those games too. We got battered at City, and couldn't beat West Brom at home today. On top of that, we haven't scored from open play since the first game of the season, so sorry for not showing your enthusiasm here.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

GM, City were away. Yeah they shouldn't have got beat, but its still a much harder fixture than Baggies at home.

The real concern for me is how awful we've been upfront. No movement, no invention, no pace. Baggies made us look fairly ordinary today at home. It's not even a blip either, it's been like that since pre season.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Of course. It's not ideal, there's only 6 points in it at the moment and a couple of games can change things. Obviously I don't think today is good enough, but I don't think we need to panic yet.
I'm not running around the room pulling my hair out, but I am concerned about a number of things.

I'm wondering if the players are fighting for the manager. Some to me don't seem to be.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He'll have a lot of time when he manages in the Championship.
People better hadn't laugh at that as it's happened to us before remember. Just not this quick. Pity Fergie doesn't go into the dressing room and give the players a piece of his mind. Not sure it would help Moyes though. He wouldn't want to undermine him. I also wouldn't want to be a player who goes to Sir Alex to have a moan behind the managers back.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
We had to win today, losing wasn't an option after the City result and already looking toothless vs Liverpool and Chelsea. Arsenal win and we are 8 points off the top with 6 played, that's horrendous. There's no escaping it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
GM, City were away. Yeah they shouldn't have got beat, but its still a much harder fixture than Baggies at home.

The real concern for me is how awful we've been upfront. No movement, no invention, no pace. Baggies made us look fairly ordinary today at home. It's not even a blip either, it's been like that since pre season.
That is Sir Alex fault in the first place, he had years to rectify that and he just left it. Now the new manager has been left with the problem.

acnumber9

Yes, players in key positions are not good enough. And Rio's form doesn't help, absolutely awful.
Rooney, Van Persie, Carrick, Evans, De Gea in key positions aren't good enough to beat West Brom? Would one of their players get in our team? Lot of shite being talked.