Panic Station

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Don't like it, was amazed he was captain over Giggs on Wednesday.
Exactly, I cant help thinking some players would not be too happy with him being made captain.
Asks twice for a transfer, gets big pay rise first time now he gets made captain, great example to the younger players.
Personally I wish a foreign club came in for him and he was no longer here.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Worried about what? Not winning?

I'm fine with a few seasons of transition. The foundations are in place for future success, so a few blips don't worry me.
Transitional periods should not be viewed as unsuccessful periods. Teams in transition can still win trophies, or at least compete for them.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I'm firmly in the it's slightly worrying camp, but I'm not gonna lose my shit just yet. Let's see how it looks at the end of October/November.

Revan

Assumptionman
Deep down we all knew Moyes wasn't really quite good enough for a job this size, despite Fergie's great speech at the end of last season.
More than 80% of the fans were terrified by the prospect of Moyes becoming our new manager. The next day almost all of us (myself included) 'were happy' with that appointment and according to some posters (in many cases respected and autorithative ones) slamming Moyes is blasphemy. It's just that we thought that Moyes becoming our manager makes him a better manager.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Transitional periods should not be viewed as unsuccessful periods. Teams in transition can still win trophies, or at least compete for them.

I didn't realise we'd given up our efforts at challenging for trophies.

Mainoldo

The guy is getting this all wrong!!! He looks lost... Think the job might be too big for him. Klopp anyone??

Bestie07

No need to panic. But it doesn't come as a surprise. Succession planning was poor.
Still find it difficult to believe that SAF decided to leave at the same time that Gill left. And then the entire coaching team was replaced. And the one thing that could have actually done with a bit of freshening, the squad, was largely left untouched until the final day of the transfer window.

Wonder if we will lose some of our shittier fans if this continues. Always a silver lining
Even that is not a silver lining. We are heavily dependent on our "shittier" fans for a lot of our revenue.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The guy is getting this all wrong!!! He looks lost... Think the job might be too big for him. Klopp anyone??

No, no, no. You have to give him a proper chance to mould the side in his image, a bit of safety for longterm development and such. Talk about this again at the end of next season.

Revan

Assumptionman
No, no, no. You have to give him a proper chance to mould the side in his image, a bit of safety for longterm development and such. Talk about this again at the end of next season.
You cnut. I'll see what you did there :lol:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Somewhere, this is a post from me saying that if anyone thinks anyone but Chelsea or Man City will get more points than us this season, they are thick.

:(

AlwaysRedwood

Moyes is passionate, and I like that, but I have a big issue with what he deems his best XI. Yes we're six games in to the season, but he's officially been at the club three whole months now, not to mention having years of experience of opposing these very same players.

The "he doesn't know his best team" argument is nonsense. He does know it; he just doesn't fancy some of them, inexplicably.
He doesn't. Neither do you or I. Because each game different players turn to shit. We screamed for rotation. We got it. More shit. Players at this level should be out there performing to their highest level, regardless of the manager. Players of this caliber should be giving more, not less, during a transition period. Moyes was always going to make mistakes. The problem with this squad is he has no room to. It's a team with glaring holes that were patched over by the heroics of Van Persie. It's a squad that brought Scholes back last season even though he was clearly past it. It's a squad that for quite some time believed Young was good seeing enough to start, that signed a shitty left back because he was cheap and alive. No creative CM for years. YEARS.

The game has changed significantly in the past three years with rich billionaires buying clubs. United has not changed it's ways. You spend big now or you get left behind. Played will not just come to United because it's United. Not where psg are Monaco and City are out there. The flaws in this squad are obvious and have been for some time. We were able to patch it over because we had the greatest manager of all time. Now we can't. And it's not Moyes fault. Sure, he's mad mistakes. Anyone stepping into this was screwed

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Expected better from you Cunto!

Calm the jets, no need to panic yet. Last few months have been very tough for the club. Anyone questioning Moyes' ability already should be ashamed of themselves, we're better than that.

Commadus

Still find it difficult to believe that SAF decided to leave at the same time that Gill left. And then the entire coaching team was replaced. And the one thing that could have actually done with a bit of freshening, the squad, was largely left untouched until the final day of the transfer window.

There was just too much change in the backroom staff, the senior administrators/executives and not enough in the playing staff. Moyes had control over two of these aspects - backroom staff, playing staff.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
oh no, you're right...absolutely mate. Any fan that doesn't just sit around nonchalantly and not voice an opinion when the team plays terribly and has the worst start to a season since 1989/1990. Yeah, the *real* fans will shut up and put up...the one's that don't care will start getting worried. Right behind you mate...
I like what you did there mate and I agree with you: Why is it that anyone who questions the direction of the club, in the eyes of some, is not a real fan?

Its not only the losses its the manner of the losses. Its not only that we lose its that today, as I saw the game, we lost in large part because Moyes made a decision at half time to remove Kagawa and go more direct. A decision that hugely cut down our interplay on the edge of the West Brom box and marooned our front 4 away from each other to the point where West Brom clearly found it relatively easy to soak up the pressure and counter.

Why should we not be worried about that? Why should we not be worried by the fact the manager doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of players who would rather interchange and play at close quarters than be stretched out across the opposition back four sending crosses to nobody? If we don't change the way we are playing we will not have a good season. Is that something to be happy about?

humdinger

I'm not panicking as I firmly believed this was going to be very tough but I did expect a win today and in the next few matches to allow us to catch up. We are getting away with it a bit just now because City and Chelsea didn't pick up wins today. We will turn it around - to me it is just as to whether our rivals carry on underperforming as long as we do and stay within our reach.

The players are letting Moyes down and he is also at fault for not choosing the right teams. The obvious one is Rio - he hasn't performed very well the last few games but Moyes was naive in thinking Rio could cope with such a demanding schedule.

My thoughts pre-season were that top 3 was a realistic target for us. I haven't changed that opinion yet.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I look at the current squad and new talent coming through and I'm pretty excited. We have a new manager who was hand picked by the greatest manager of all time and not by a clueless oil baron. We're one of biggest clubs in the world with the biggest fan base.

We've had a bad start that's all. Moyes needs time to get the squad right, maybe make a few decent signings next summer.

No need to panic.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
My response to some people excusing a loss due to a transitional period.
Yeah, but writing off our chances of making a proper title challenge with close to 100 points left to play for...?

Will Absolute

I'm seriously worried anyway. And have good reason to be. We've been absolutely shite under Moyes. Today was the first game in a run of very winnable fixtures, some of the squad and management have a lot to answer for. Moyes needs time, and serious investment. I think we can forget about a title challenge, for the moment at least.​
If you mean more than a year, I don't agree.

A manager coming to the club with a glittering record of achievement is entitled to time, but DM has achieved nothing. He was modestly successful at a modest club. Without his friendship with SAF, his CV couldn't justify his appointment.

A Mourinho can point to his wheelbarrow full of trophies and say, "Don't worry, I'll get it right. I've done it in the past." But what can Moyes point to? He's never done it.

A bad year should see him out. There are plenty of top managers who've achieved a lot more than DM. Give one of them the job.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Yeah, but writing off our chances of making a proper title challenge with close to 100 points left to play for...?
I never said that.

Some people are insinuating the club will not be in the title race due to the transitional period, and I think that's a bollocks view.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Not good yes but seriously guys get a grip, he picked players that people are begging him to play. If we scored 3 and conceded 4.. fair play bollock him for picking Buttner and Rio.. but we weren't amazing going forwards either and he picked Kagawa, Nani and Hernandez.. only Nani performed. I don't think Kagawa and Hernandez are all that tbh, the latter is a poacher yes but contributes little to general play and Kagawa is just not physically robust enough to handle himself in this team.

Thought this is true, everyone was castrating him for not picking that trio and when he does its even worse, I know the defence was to blame for the two goals but if that attack is brilliant then why didnt they score from open play still?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I worry for a little but until I remind myself that Mourinho's got his team playing shit on a stick football and struggling for wins while Pellegrini's hardly getting his side playing all-conquering football. I'm a little excited in truth. Now we'll see what Moyes is made of. He said from the beginning that he cares more about winning football than attacking football, now this dull football is no longer scraping wins we'll see what he can do. Up 'til now he's still been riding on Sir Alex's coat-tails, playing the same football we've gotten used to over the last two years. Now he's going to have to put his own stamp on the side.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/bayern-munich/mitarbeiter/verein_27.html

Guardiola brought his own men but also kept the Bayern backroom staff - assistant coach, gk coach, fitness coach, rehab coach. The ones he brought from Barca -assistant coach and fitness coach were already succesful. Moyes brought a group who had never tasted success at the highest level as backroom staff.
This worries me too. I really don't understand why he wanted to break up a successful management team. Fergie spoke years ago of delegating his work to capable people so when he left it wouldn't be such a big change. Moyes came in and deconstructed that work.

The other thing I worry about is his emphasis on physical work and the apparent lack of technical coaching.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm not panicking as I firmly believed this was going to be very tough but I did expect a win today and in the next few matches to allow us to catch up. We are getting away with it a bit just now because City and Chelsea didn't pick up wins today. We will turn it around - to me it is just as to whether our rivals carry on underperforming as long as we do and stay within our reach.

The players are letting Moyes down and he is also at fault for not choosing the right teams. The obvious one is Rio - he hasn't performed very well the last few games but Moyes was naive in thinking Rio could cope with such a demanding schedule.

My thoughts pre-season were that top 3 was a realistic target for us. I haven't changed that opinion yet.
I may get slammed for saying this but I've revised my expectation to top 4. Playing as we are right now I think a top 4 finish would be a fair return, its not what I want but the team simply isn't clicking. Moyes, clearly, needs time to adjust so I'm not going to build up my hopes for a title push. Lets just try and stay in the Champions League and see if next year, when Moyes has learned to use players that dont suit the tactical template he's been used to at Everton, if he can achieve something more. I also think we need to take the League Cup very seriously this season.

Revan

Assumptionman
If you mean more than a year, I don't agree.

A manager coming to the club with a glittering record of achievement is entitled to time, but DM has achieved nothing. He was modestly successful at a modest club. Without his friendship with SAF, his CV couldn't justify his appointment.

A Mourinho can point to his wheelbarrow full of trophies and say, "Don't worry, I'll get it right. I've done it in the past." But what can Moyes point to? He's never done it.

A bad year should see him out. There are plenty of top managers who've achieved a lot more than DM. Give one of them the job.
I would had no problem giving Moyes up to three years without winning an important trophy as long as there are good signs. While winning cups is a good thing, at the moment is only a bonus to me. I would gladly take 3 trophyless seasons if that means that after that we'll win trophies and play good. But if we continue looking hopeless like we have been for most part of this season then even a year would be too much. Things will get clearer anyway in two-three months and likely people could give a better opinion. But the first signs are that Moyes is comppletely out of depth.