PARK-A true unsung hero

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Been saying it for weeks he's getting better and better.

FWIW I think that side we put out tonight is our best side.
FWIW I think Fletch and Park are two vital players to have in that midfield trio if we were up against the best teams in the world.. that third spot is up for grabs.

But I'm not too fussed about keeping it Fletch-Scholes-Carrick.

I'd love to get an out and out left winger, I still think Nani was awkward on that wing, even if he did put in some good balls.

Logan!

I don't think any constructive criticism was needed as you post didn't deserve any.

The forum is for giving opinions. I've given mine and couldn't care less who disagrees with it. If I'm to be insulted for it by (let's be honest) an FM fanatic who pretends to watch 15 hours of football a day then so be it. I certainly won't lose sleep over it.

Drifter

American
Park is making fletcher-like progress! He reads the game very well in midfield and is great and breaking up opposition play.
It's why SAF picks him.But some say he just runs around like a headless chicken.

JezChan

Brilliant performance tonight; he really turned it on and made it all click in our midfield. Call him a game raiser, but I don't give a feck if he only plays like this in the big games :drool:

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Park was superb, in fact fecking brilliant. The only mystery is why he doesn't play more in the league.

hungrywing

It's not like it's an amazing discovery though, he did the exact same thing against Milan for PSV, we signed him pretty soon after.
Agree. Slight overreacting from some on here. For (not) the last time, he's not just suddenly come good. He's always been quality, just he was asked to defer to Ronaldo and Rooney.

Also, this role of his will never really work in the PL except against the likes of Arsenal and...well just Arsenal.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
You don't think Carrick would have to be squeezed in?
Not for me Mike, not on current form anyway. Obviously if Scholes' or Park's form was to dip I'd slot Carrick back in but I've felt this for a few weeks now that this would be our strongest line-up with Scholes, Fletch and Park in the middle and Valencia and Nani out wide.

Just my opinion of course but that's been my gut feeling recently, I wasn't surprised one bit we dominated the game for large periods tonight.

It speaks volumes about our squad that we can potentially start with such an industrious line up and leave the likes of Carrick, Berbatov, Evans, Owen, Brown and Anderson on the bench.

Of course it's all about form and horses for courses, you can easily drop Park out and play Berba in a 4-4-2 or drop Scholesy and play Carrick for some games, the options are many but that side tonight for me on current form is our best eleven.

Logan!

I don't really see what's attention seeking about it. It's just my opinion. I rarely post in the football forums because it's full of FM fanboiz and pretend doctors, who insult you if they disagree with you.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Again. Good point well made Pogue. Setting a fine example as always by insulting people you disagree with.
Dry your eyes.

There's giving an opinion and there's acting like a cock when events on the pitch don't happen to coincide with your preconceived notions about certain players.

Gee, guess which category you belong to?

Pogue Mahone

Park was superb, in fact fecking brilliant. The only mystery is why he doesn't play more in the league.
To be fair, he didn't start the season very well. Put in a few really poor performances in the first few weeks, which pushed him down the pecking order.

I also think he suits CL football slightly better than the PL, where it's a bit less physical and refs give him more protection. Still a cracking little player and should have a big part to play in the rest of our league campaign.

Logan!

Dry your eyes.

There's giving an opinion and there's acting like a cock when events on the pitch don't happen to coincide with your preconceived notions about certain players.

Gee, guess which category you belong to?
Again, you seem unable to respond without using insults. It's not just me either, you insult almost anyone who disagrees with you. Are you letting out some stress or something? Are you not getting any at home?

Personally I don't mind you calling me names. It certainly doesn't hurt my feelings and I'm fairly certain my eyes are not in need of drying. I just find it a little pathetic that you need to resort to insulting a random internet person who you're never likely to meet.

Whatever floats your boat though I suppose. I'll leave you to it x x

Ekeke

Park is brilliant. Carries a threat unlike last season, but still puts in the duracell powered 94 minute performances and he's shown his versatility with a central role.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Good point, well made.
I wasn't making a point, that'd be, well, pointless.

You've clearly not got a clue, or are too stubborn to appreciate Park, so there's really no point.

Thus, you're a dick.

redfromcanada

Hopefully people won't lose perspective and hail Park as something he isn't, a world class player in the realm of Ronaldo, Messi and Rooney. However, he does bring something that is certainly needed against quality sides, especially in Europe and that is pressing in midfield and energy going both directions.

He is one of SAF's best value for money buys during his tenure.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Felt like we had 12, 13 or 14 players out there tonight - he was everywhere.
That probably had more to do with the fact that Borriello, Ronaldinho and Huntelaar stopped working whenever we had the ball in their half. I'd be ashamed if they were playing for United.

CallyRed

He's here,
he's there,
he's every fecking where
Ji Sung Park
Ji Sung Park

Shimo

Chuffed for Park - I won't have the pleasure of watching the game till later tonight but, he deserves all the praise he is getting.

He provides consistent performance for the most part. Every player even the best in the world have more than their share off of days but, Parks are consistent and it's rare to have a real off day for him.

The free role and excelling in it is not surprising. Everyone that ever praises Park outside of the narrow minded he runs around and closes down a lot, understand how intelligent he is. He has terrific movement and I think has one of the best understanding of anyone when it comes to linking up with Rooney.

In a 5 man midfield, if you have a player like him that links up with your striker, one that can dribble and create but, also then do the dirty work - it's a real bonus. I still hope Anderson works out to be that way but, Park seems to be doing really well in this new role. Wonder if it will continue.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He can't cross and rarely beat his man. He has always been more suited to a central role tbh.

johnmufc

Park was great, but playing him centrally is not viable for most of our games. He wouldn't be able to hack it in a 4-4-2, and it's not justifiable to accommodate him into the side by playing a 4-2-3-1 (and dropping a striker) every game.

Never a starter, but always a fantastic and reliable player to call upon for games such as this.

Eriku

I wonder if Mockney wants to reconsider his opinion...

Oh, and while he's obviously better in a free role in the middle, just like pretty much any other attacking creative player - it's obviously the perfect role - but I hope people don't think that he's only worth his place in the team in there.

He's good on the left too.
Oh, absolutely. But not in the same way. He's a handy option for passing, and can pass the odd defender to cross, whilst working hard and ensuring few options for the opposition on his side. When free in the middle, he creates chances, both for himself and others.

Weirdly enough, he always seems to have a run in a season where he scores 3-4 on the trot or something... Often on rebounds... not the case this season, hope he can prolong it :)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Park was great, but playing him centrally is not viable for most of our games. He wouldn't be able to hack it in a 4-4-2, and it's not justifiable to accommodate him into the side by playing a 4-2-3-1 (and dropping a striker) every game.

Never a starter, but always a fantastic and reliable player to call upon for games such as this.
Fair assessement i think, however, after tonights performance (and others like that before), I think he deserves a bigger role in the team

radd

Not for me Mike, not on current form anyway. Obviously if Scholes' or Park's form was to dip I'd slot Carrick back in but I've felt this for a few weeks now that this would be our strongest line-up with Scholes, Fletch and Park in the middle and Valencia and Nani out wide.

Just my opinion of course but that's been my gut feeling recently, I wasn't surprised one bit we dominated the game for large periods tonight.

It speaks volumes about our squad that we can potentially start with such an industrious line up and leave the likes of Carrick, Berbatov, Evans, Owen, Brown and Anderson on the bench.

Of course it's all about form and horses for courses, you can easily drop Park out and play Berba in a 4-4-2 or drop Scholesy and play Carrick for some games, the options are many but that side tonight for me on current form is our best eleven.
Feckin A!

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.

I think you're probably right, but what a bench to select players from who could change things if necessary.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Although Rooney will get all the plaudits, Park was the key player in this tie. Basically he stopped ACMilan playing by nullifying the threat of Pirlo. Excellent 2 games from him and a well deserved goal. Park simply cannot be left out of the next CL game (unless injury).

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Just back in from having this very same discussion in the boozer. Park is fabulous, always available for the pass and always so difficult to dispossess, love his energy.

Pogue Mahone

Huh? He just started both legs of this tie.

If you mean never a starter in the league, I would also disagree. With the amount of rotation we do, he can and will start lots of games every season.

He'll usually do a good job too, he's been excellent in his last few league games.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Park inside marking Pirlo worked better this game defensively as we had a winger on the left rather then a central midfielder