Patrice Evra | 2008-12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Does anyone find that when he goes forward our system becomes very lop-sided and other players get pulled out of place and found wanting?

A couple of times last night the ball was recycled and there was nobody in front of Carrick and Scholes to distribute and take it wide and it came to Evra who took it up 25-30 yards and then had nowhere to go and either crossed it or lost it. Resulting in Aguero peeling wide and then being in space for a relatively simple ball.

I don't know if its spine itself or just ineptitude on Evra's part but I noticed it last night. It also adds to his inability to get back and defend at times after he's gone forward. (Inability being he's caught forward. Not made a stupid run forward and it is his fault... most of the time..)

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Skinned, skinned, skinned and skinned again. Story of Evra's season no matter who he is up against.

Number7

Ret's Slave
He's actually fecking terrible at the moment. How many times did he not spot the overlap and leave Giggs 1 on 2 when City were attacking?

Drifter

American
Hopefully we will be in for a left back this summer.Evra could do with a rest now and then.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
His defending has gradually been getting worse, these days he just lets opponents walk past him and then doing nothing about it after either. He just seems too lazy nowadays and lacks concentration when defending and may we wonder why he is our captain atm.

Crustanoid

The Fabio mystery can be explained by the transformation of Anderson as next seasons back-up left back

Edmeiste

im giving credit for his performance for the most part. he defended well which you dont hear a lot and he seemed pretty up for it. im not going to hide from the fact that his end product did us no favors today. he gets in fantastic positions but offers so little after that. he's no winger but i think he can do better in that respect.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
One of the many disappointments on the title front is that Evra will not be lifting the trophy for us, which I particularly wanted after what he's been put through this season :(

Instead Tevez gets another winner's medal :rolleyes:

Rossa

im giving credit for his performance for the most part. he defended well which you dont hear a lot and he seemed pretty up for it. im not going to hide from the fact that his end product did us no favors today. he gets in fantastic positions but offers so little after that. he's no winger but i think he can do better in that respect.
You didn't do a great job at giving praise though, did you? :smirk:

His end product isn't as good as it could be, but it's not too bad this season either; he has 5-6 assists. Also, stats showing how many goals come from attacks created and initiated by him down that left flank would be interesting.

I was very impressed by his energy today - when he lost the ball he got up instantaneously and chased the man and more than once won it back. He also looks like he has regained some of his pace, which is a good thing!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
His end product is bad. He's got as many assists as Rafael but has played more than three times as much. He's a very good dribbler, makes good runs but he'r rubbish at putting the ball where he wants to. In fact I don't think he has much of a clue where he wants to put the ball at times.

Was good today but there was also little pressure on him to be defending much. Dyer had lots and lots of space.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
he was solid defensively. below par in producing something in the final.third.

Snow

I've thought we've had issues since last season. Disappointed no one was added to cover since Fabio clearly isn't being thought of as a left back.

Evra used to be a top 5 left back. He's not that anymore.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Evra played good today, occasionally he got beat with skill but came back to tackle whoever skilled him out.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Gotta say Evra was right on it today. Best game he's had for us for a long time. He was up to the task every time he was attacked and going forward he had the beating of Swansea too. He's had a lot of flak this season but I think he's turned a corner.

Snow

Really? Maybe you can name the other 5 left backs who are better than him?
I can name close to then whom he's not better than. He was clearly one of the best left backs in the world a few years ago. He's progressively gotten worse at defending and still his role is only supportive for the winger. Players like Alves, Marcelo and Albin do so much more in attack whilst players like Baines and Zabaleta can cross the ball properly. Our own Rafael as well.

He needs cover. He can't be doing this all by himself anymore. I don't why Fabio can't get some left back game time yet Jones is stuck out right a lot.

Rossa

I can name close to then whom he's not better than. He was clearly one of the best left backs in the world a few years ago. He's progressively gotten worse at defending and still his role is only supportive for the winger. Players like Alves, Marcelo and Albin do so much more in attack whilst players like Baines and Zabaleta can cross the ball properly. Our own Rafael as well.

He needs cover. He can't be doing this all by himself anymore. I don't why Fabio can't get some left back game time yet Jones is stuck out right a lot.
You did say left backs and Alves and Zabaleta are right backs. You also only state the good things about some players and neglect their negative sides.

Baines: Good offensively, but doesn't have as good link-up play as Evra. He is also much too slow against quick wingers! Everton was lucky that he was injured and they had to play Distin!

Zabaleta: Has been good these last couple of matches, but that would be all; I've watched quite a few City matches and I would never want him at United - a bit slow and sluggish in defense.

Marcelo: Can be brilliant, but can also be at least as frustrating as Evra, but I haven't seen enough Spanish football, so can't comment further.

So, you haven't really listed one single left back who is better as Alvez is arguably better, but he plays on the right. Marcelo may be a shout, but I can't really say...

Rossa

Gotta say Evra was right on it today. Best game he's had for us for a long time. He was up to the task every time he was attacked and going forward he had the beating of Swansea too. He's had a lot of flak this season but I think he's turned a corner.
I think so too! I was not very happy with him some time back, but the amount of criticism he has received on here is ridiculous! The praise, however, seems to be lacking completely.

Today he was very, very good! I still think his link-up play is better with Nani (whom I cannot fathom was not used as a substitute today) than with Young, but Young does defend better than Nani...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

So that's a no then.

Snow

I was listing full back traits. Every full back I mentioned aren't worse defenders than Evra. I actually consider him the worst of the lot.

I'm currently at work but off the top of my head I can name you Marcelo, Mathieu, Albin, Coentrao, Alaba (early days), Baines, Cole. Evra isn't better than any of those and therefor you can't say he's a top 5 player.

I didn't say he was bad. I'm saying he's gotten worse and he has no cover. Cover is what we need for him. He's gotten worse and with not cover he has to play more and therefor is not as fit as he could be and therefor will be worse because of it.

Snow

So that's a no then.
Not naming 5 players who are better than Evra does not mean he's top 5 material.

He's got 4 assists in the league. So do 3 other players. 4 players have more. You see him as the man who's got the 5th highest amount of assists. I seen him as 5th-8th highest. So there are many others of the same quality.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Thing is, every time he looks like he's getting back to his best again he then goes out and has an absolute mare. After that, he's back to his usual self.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Not naming 5 players who are better than Evra does not mean he's top 5 material.

He's got 4 assists in the league. So do 3 other players. 4 players have more. You see him as the man who's got the 5th highest amount of assists. I seen him as 5th-8th highest. So there are many others of the same quality.
Oh you are talking about the Premier League.

Still waiting for you to name 5 better left backs?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Just for the record, I think we do need some cover if Fabio goes on loan. Evra is a bloody good left back though. Probably second only to Cashley. Although Cole's start to this season would have had the Evra critics on here saying he's over the hill if he'd been that ropy for that long.

Evra had a poor season last season but has generally been quality in the season just gone. He may "only" have 4 assists but he's hardly ever had a run of games with the same winger, never mind a winger in the sort of form that Valencia's been in. Defensively he's sold enough (certainly better than Leighton fecking Baines) but his ability to carry the ball forward is crucial to the way we play and I can think of very few, if any, left backs who consistently do so much work supporting the attack.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He hasn't been quality this season. He's shown glimpses of his better form but at the same time he's still looked very poor defensively at times as well. He's good when attacking but his crossing leaves something to be desired at times.

There aren't too many better left backs than him but that's more of a sign of the alarming lack of quality left backs out there right now.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Just for the record, I think we do need some cover if Fabio goes on loan. Evra is a bloody good left back though. Probably second only to Cashley. Although Cole's start to this season would have had the Evra critics on here saying he's over the hill if he'd been that ropy for that long.

Evra had a poor season last season but has generally been quality in the season just gone. He may "only" have 4 assists but he's hardly ever had a run of games with the same winger, never mind a winger in the sort of form that Valencia's been in. Defensively he's sold enough (certainly better than Leighton fecking Baines) but his ability to carry the ball forward is crucial to the way we play and I can think of very few, if any, left backs who consistently do so much work supporting the attack.
Oh please, he is our worst defender this season by mile. Some goals we conceeded because of Evra's amateur defending were depressing. I like Paddy, but left back is probably the only position alongside central midfield position I'm concerned for next season. He is nowhere near the best in the world, I am not sure if he is in top5 premierleague left backs, and tbh, I won't be surprised if he is dropped for France because of fecking Clichy.

Stop fooling yourself, Evra isn't the half of player he used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.