Patrice Evra | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellboy

Haven't seen the quote but is it possible he's leaving because Moyes was so desperate to bring another LB in this summer?

I doubt it, especially when he says that United would love to extend his contract but that he doesn't. Madrid wanted him 3 years ago and decided to stay because of Fergie. He had a lot of family issues recently, maybe he just wants to come back home to be closer to his family.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Is it confirmed?

Had a **** following, I must say, with all his antics including riling up Arsenal to imitating Suarez. Was a proper fan of the club as well. Amazing servant for the club.

Rossa

I like Evra very much, but he's not one of our best players anymore. He cost us a lot defensively in the last 2-3 years. He has been a great servant for us, a great guy in the dressing room but his time is up. We need a young, hungry left back like Evra was in 2006. It's your interpretation of my comment that is stupid.

What is with the youth issue? I think people will start to realise how good Evra still is once he is gone. He drives our attack forward down the left and sometimes is our only attacking outlet on that side. He also has this drive that is so valuable to the team, and something I've not seen from many other fullbacks (certainly not Baines).

He was great last season and has been mostly very good this season.

Steven Seagull

He's been largely brilliant for us. A freak of nature around 07-09 but I think it's the right time. I suspect he's been wanting to move on for a while now, and based on nothing I don't think he's Moyes' cup of tea.

If we had a top class left sided player playing consistently we wouldn't have to rely on Evra to provide that outlet so much. The burden on him to both support attacks and be solid defensively, (while getting older) is too high.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'll miss the crazy fecker when he's gone. Definitely deserves a decent send-off (and I imagine he'll get one).

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Makes sense. No transfer income for the muppets to do their maths with though :(

You know:

Transfer in -
HAZARD - £64M
MARCHISIO - £42.7M
MATA - £25M

Transfer Out -
Rio - £2
Vidic - Fiver
Evra £2m

Total Spend: £129699993

Shark

@NotShark
feck, I can hardly picture a United starting 11 in the league/CL without his name there. I don't like all of this change. :(

He's been a terrific servant and a great example of what should be expected of a starting United player. His age has been showing defensively and going forward for a while now though and it's probably the right time, if true. I'll still miss him a feck load though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It'll be a big shame to lose such a big character. When the going gets tough you generally expect Evra to get going. His defending might be touch and go at times but he's always the first to get stuck in, get angry and get attacking when we start losing our way. If we're 1-0 down you can guarantee Evra will get on the ball, get his head down and head towards the opposition goal. He might run up blind alleys most times but he doesn't lay there waiting for death, he's a United player through and through, never beaten until the whistle goes. Losing that mentality Evra has will be more damaging than anything else...

...knowing this makes it even more baffling Fabio aint getting a chance.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
fecking ace player and character, him going and getting someone like Shaw would improve us massively though.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Great character. But, honestly its time he either moved on or played 2nd fiddle to a better left back. Defensively he's been a liability.

Shaw would be the ideal signing. Will cost a bucketload though and I'm sure others will be in for him.

kps88

Is Shaw ready to be our first choice right back and play 40+ games a season with only Buttner as his alternative?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Is Shaw ready to be our first choice right back and play 40+ games a season with only Buttner as his alternative?

Maybe not yet but him but he'd help sort out our backline for the next decade.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Well, why not ? He's played 6 games this season already for SOTON, 25 games last season ( in the league ) and this year he'll have another season under his belt. SOTON's defence is the best in the league and he's the integral part of it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Shame, but it's obvious he is far from his bast in last two seasons, and also this season too, especially defensively(not that he was ever great defensively, but he was definetely much better than this). Yes, he had good last season, but probably because standards have dropped, even his good form from last season isn't probably close to his best form from couple of years ago.

Still, I wish he'll decide to stay, at least as a backup, love him.

Hal9000

Maybe this was the reason for the continued pursuit of a left back this season? Maybe Moyes already knew that Evra wanted to leave, and thus bed in a new left back before Evra left.

Castia

He'll spend 1-2 years at Monaco on a decent wage, you cant really blame him for that.
Hopefully we get Coentrao or Shaw in the summer.

LR7

I'll be gutted. He genuinely loves the club and while he might not be perfect he's had a good start to the season, a good season last year and he gives his all every time he steps onto the pitch.

Devil may care

I think this was pretty much expected but it's still a shame as he's a big leader for the team in a time when we desperately need leaders.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd hate to lose Pat. I love the guy. His charisma, his way of speaking in the third person about himself, he's such a great personality. It's difficult to buy the experience he has, and he's our vice captain for a reason, I believe. In my eyes, he is the captain. Vidic is in and out of the side, and has been since he got the armband, and I would estimate that Evra has captained us more than anyone else over the last few years. Whilst Evra's abilities aren't quite what they used to be, he's still a very good player for us, and he'll be very hard to replace for more than just his footballing ability. For his age, his stamina and toughness are still outrageous. When was the last time he ever got injured? He's probably got a Terminator-style exoskeleton. Hard as nails. Uninjurable. I might have made that word up.

He'd probably be in my top 5 United players of all time. I just right bloody love him. I wish he'd stay forever, evolve into a coach, and sit in the dugout on matchdays, winding up Liverpool and getting the crowd going.

King Pat :(

LR7

I'd hate to lose Pat. I love the guy. His charisma, his way of speaking in the third person about himself, he's such a great personality. It's difficult to buy the experience he has, and he's our vice captain for a reason, I believe. In my eyes, he is the captain. Vidic is in and out of the side, and has been since he got the armband, and I would estimate that Evra has captained us more than anyone else over the last few years. Whilst Evra's abilities aren't quite what they used to be, he's still a very good player for us, and he'll be very hard to replace for more than just his footballing ability. For his age, his stamina and toughness are still outrageous. When was the last time he ever got injured? He's probably got a Terminator-style exoskeleton. Hard as nails. Uninjurable. I might have made that word up.

He'd probably be in my top 5 United players of all time. I just right bloody love him. I wish he'd stay forever, evolve into a coach, and sit in the dugout on matchdays, winding up Liverpool and getting the crowd going.

:(

Good post.

Adebesi

Well put, I agree with these sentiments.

Saliph

He's past his best, so in that sense it won't be a huge loss, but still sad to see him go. He's been a magnificent player for us, and a great character.

Hope we get Coentrao as a replacement in January.

OJKernow

I'll be gutted to see Pat go, couple of years ago he seemed to be on the decline but last season I thought he was great.

He's become a **** hero amongst the fans, mainly because of his passion and apparent love for the club which many modern day players don't have. He's also come across as a really funny guy and one of the natural leaders in the changing room. Some of his WUMs have been top notch over the years.

We'll certainly miss him, as others have mentioned we need the experienced, natural leaders more than ever right now. It will however be refreshing to see a player leave at the start of their decline, leaving us wanting more.

What a beast of a player though, 40 - 50 appearances every season since 07/08. Great record.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Sad times, we're losing another very strong personality in our team plus one of my favourites we've got here.

Timdbro

It will be really sad, because of what he's given the club over the last 7 years, when he does go. But if it is to be at the end of this season, it's probably the right time. I don't think he'd be like Scholes and Giggs, happy to play bits of matches here and there in three years time at age 36. If he's not nailed on first choice, it's probably best for him to move on, and frankly next season he probably shouldn't be first choice.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's past his best, so in that sense it won't be a huge loss, but still sad to see him go. He's been a magnificent player for us, and a great character.

Hope we get Coentrao as a replacement in January.

Coentrao is younger, but he's probably still less defensively astute than Patrice Evra is now.

Gerald G

Really like Patrice so this news is pretty sad although his best years are behind him. A great player to have in the dressing room too.

Status
Not open for further replies.