Patrice Evra | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Shaw would be an incredible investment. As for Coentrao, obviously we were interested in him this summer but why did we try to loan him instead of buying him like we tried with Baines? Are we not convinced enough to sign him, just a loan deal?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Brilliant servant to the club and a massive character but time waits for no man. He's not the player he once was, not sure where people are getting 'good start to the season from' I think he's been woeful (along with half the squad).

Be very sad to see him go when it eventually happens.

Sir A1ex

As for Coentrao, obviously we were interested in him this summer but why did we try to loan him instead of buying him like we tried with Baines? Are we not convinced enough to sign him, just a loan deal?
Wasn't it that Real were meant to be getting the other guy on loan, so it made sense for them to just be loaning Coentrao?

Ekeke

Wasn't it that Real were meant to be getting the other guy on loan, so it made sense for them to just be loaning Coentrao?
How would that make sense? If he's not in their plans and they'd rather loan someone else then he must have been available for the right money. Its weird on our part though, the only way it makes sense is that we'd have taken him on loan till the summer and then try and sign Baines again

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Or if we weren't confident that a permanent deal could be concluded in time so went for a loan deal, which in turn wasn't concluded in time.

Cina

Real wanted to buy another left back (can't fully remember who) but wouldn't let Coentrao go on loan unless they got him. We actually got the papers through to them on time, they just didn't get their man therefore they didn't let it go through.

At least that's what I recall happening.

Sir A1ex

How would that make sense? If he's not in their plans and they'd rather loan someone else then he must have been available for the right money.
On that basis how does any loan make sense? If Real, for whatever reason, were only getting the replacement on loan, then it's not ridiculous that they would want to keep the option of getting Coentrao back if they didn't / couldn't keep the other guy.

LR7

Without trying to be critical, Moyes seemed a bit cautious on players that weren't PL proven, so maybe he wanted to see how he did here for a while before we made it permanent.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Real wanted to buy another left back (can't fully remember who) but wouldn't let Coentrao go on loan unless they got him. We actually got the papers through to them on time, they just didn't get their man therefore they didn't let it go through.

At least that's what I recall happening.
Yea, they wanted Guillherme Siqueira, who had also been linked to us in the past. Think he went to Benfica in the end.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought the Baines rumours might have stopped but not they will be worse than ever. Argh.

johnmufc

Makes the whole Baines thing this summer look a bit less weird.
Attempting to sign the best fullback in the Premier League, and one of the top fullbacks in the world was never weird. Especially when this player is also English and in his prime.

Agree. He's been a brilliant player for us. Loves the club as well.

Luke Shaw anyone?
I doubt we could attract Shaw. Playing for a club on the decline with David Moyes in charge is not a huge attraction for a young Chelsea fan. Playing for his favourite club or under a quality manager like Wenger would be far more enticing.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
He's one of my favourites, and will be very sad to see him leave :(

Ekeke

On that basis how does any loan make sense? If Real, for whatever reason, were only getting the replacement on loan, then it's not ridiculous that they would want to keep the option of getting Coentrao back if they didn't / couldn't keep the other guy.
They can obviously buy him, they spent £20 million on Coentrao. No sense

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
On his latest comments, well they don't come as a surprise... It's pretty obvious this is his last season here. Some man though.

Sir A1ex

I doubt we could attract Shaw. Playing for a club on the decline with David Moyes in charge is not a huge attraction for a young Chelsea fan. Playing for his favourite club or under a quality manager like Wenger would be far more enticing.
I think you're over-egging that... playing for United will always be a massive draw, especially for English players.

The timing's not great with Cole's age at Chelsea, admittedly, especially if he's a fan. Not sure Arsenal is such a worry, Wenger loves Gibbs and also has Monreal.

Rossa

I'd hate to lose Pat. I love the guy. His charisma, his way of speaking in the third person about himself, he's such a great personality. It's difficult to buy the experience he has, and he's our vice captain for a reason, I believe. In my eyes, he is the captain. Vidic is in and out of the side, and has been since he got the armband, and I would estimate that Evra has captained us more than anyone else over the last few years. Whilst Evra's abilities aren't quite what they used to be, he's still a very good player for us, and he'll be very hard to replace for more than just his footballing ability. For his age, his stamina and toughness are still outrageous. When was the last time he ever got injured? He's probably got a Terminator-style exoskeleton. Hard as nails. Uninjurable. I might have made that word up.

He'd probably be in my top 5 United players of all time. I just right bloody love him. I wish he'd stay forever, evolve into a coach, and sit in the dugout on matchdays, winding up Liverpool and getting the crowd going.

King Pat :(

Now there's a real supporter! :D
I can't believe anyone not loving Evra - brilliant character and player.

Ekeke

No surprise at all that he'd want to end his career somewhere else, my only surprise is that it's taken till this summer for him to make the move. Its very late. And also a surprise that the club has got to this situation where our first choice left back will be leaving on a free. Would have all made a lot more sense for him to leave 2 years ago, at 30, playing poorly, for some money.

Salfordlad70

I thought the Baines rumours might have stopped but not they will be worse than ever. Argh.
I'd love Baines to join us yet I have a feeling he'll stay with you and that would please me also.He seems a good,honest pro who would be willing to stay loyal to you men.Very likable guy!

As for Evra well it has been coming and he'll be sorely missed.I would take Shaw now and start our rebuild with the best young players we can attract and let them grow together.

alastair

ignorant
He just enjoys winding arsenal fans up. Fans do it and it a laugh-players do it they are nasty.

Don't really care what he's said about Arsenal - it's his attitude towards the French team and what he's done there. He just strikes me as not having a huge amount of respect.

Hellboy

He's a model professional though. The criticism he aimed at Arsenal was mainly because of the media love in for the gunners in France despite United's successes. By the way the guy that he ripped into is a big arsenal fan.

Hellboy

In this interview he also said that he convinced Ribéry to join us and that we were very close to getting him. Unfortunately Bayern asked for an insane amount of money at the time (a bargain now probably). Too bad.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Don't really care what he's said about Arsenal - it's his attitude towards the French team and what he's done there. He just strikes me as not having a huge amount of respect.

Lol I couldn't care less what he gets up to in the French team. France are the enemy - he could shit in their dressing room if he wants to.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
So how come nobody hates Evra for wanting to leave but everybody hates Rooney for basically saying the same thing?

Good question, I can only attribute that to the fact Rooney wanted to move to one of our direct rivals both times in Chelsea and City, and seems more money orientated then Evra who wanted to go to Inter

Bit like Henry wanting to go to Barca and RVP wanting to go to United, Nasri to City etc

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Just saw this. Love the guy to death but it is definitely time to go and in terms of on field ability I will not be sad to see him moving on. Understandable that he doesn't want to sit on the bench and be backup.

Keenst

Good question, I can only attribute that to the fact Rooney wanted to move to one of our direct rivals both times in Chelsea and City, and seems more money orientated then Evra who wanted to go to Inter

Bit like Henry wanting to go to Barca and RVP wanting to go to United, Nasri to City etc

Rooney is also not 32 years old.

Mersault

So how come nobody hates Evra for wanting to leave but everybody hates Rooney for basically saying the same thing?

He's always been hugely respectful of the club and over the moon to wear the shirt. What more can you want. He's at the end of his career too. And the club have very publicly tried to sign another, younger, left-back so he might not feel that wanted.

He's a don

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Rooney is also not 32 years old.

Evra wanted to move to Inter when he was 28/29 in his prime here, he admitted it and said he made a mistake, Rooney is no doubt the harder working of the two, at times even covering Evra while playing in his own position, and is disliked by a minority of the fans

I have no problem with Rooney, aslong as he keeps putting in shifts like he has been this season, he should be getting all the money he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.