Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
Pogba is not an upgrade on the Kroos-Modric combination and therefore not required. Sure they would have bought him for a price, but it was never worth £90m. No club in the right mind would pay that amount for Pogba if they already had such a world class duo in their prime.
The decisions their presidents make on transfers are not primarily football based as you know. Modric and Kroos are not as marketable as Pogba. Modric is 31 years old now too so its a stretch to suggest he's part of the reason they'd pass on Pogba. But hey, im not changing your mind on this.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The decisions their presidents make on transfers are not primarily football based as you know. Modric and Kroos are not as marketable as Pogba. Modric is 31 years old now too so its a stretch to suggest he's part of the reason they didn't want Pogba. But hey, im not changing your mind on this. Real sign who they want
Age plays a factor but he remains one of their best players (certainly their best midfielder). He was a big reason for their decima and I certainly don't think its a stretch to take away that the club wouldn't logically want to break up that midfield for £90million. I'm sure they'd have taken a punt for say £60m perhaps, but £90m is just a stupid amount. It still is infact.

Loublaze

ATLien
Age plays a factor but he remains one of their best players (certainly their best midfielder). He was a big reason for their decima and I certainly don't think its a stretch to take away that the club wouldn't logically want to break up that midfield for £90million. I'm sure they'd have taken a punt for say £60m perhaps, but £90m is just a stupid amount. It still is infact.
You don't think 85M for Bale wasn't 'stupid' money when they already had Di Maria? This is the club that sold Makalele in his prime and got rid of Ozil, Robben and Sneijder in pursuit of other targets when they were key players and still young. You can't make sense of their present and past transfer policies and decisions

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You don't think 85M for Bale wasn't 'stupid' money when they already had Di Maria? This is the club that sold Makalele in his prime and got rid of Ozil, Robben and Sneijder in pursuit of other targets. You can't make sense of their present and past transfer policies and decisions
No, because Bale was incredible and a far superior player than Di Maria. Di Maria is covered in far too much glory in the caf. He had a standout year (by previous year standards) for Real at the end season but thats it.

Bale was a beast that cound single handedly win games on a regular basis. He doubled Di Maria's best goal tally playing for a far weaker team in Spurs. It was obvious he was only going to get better and worth every penny. IIRC, Di Maria's best season for Real came from the left side of a midfield 3, whereas Bale was deployed in the front 3 so it wasn't exactly like-for-like (although I may need verification on this as I can't remember formation).

Modric on the other hand was a better player than Pogba last season, this season and had an established chemistry with a midfield partner, which is quite important.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You have a short memory because Real have done this several times before in order to land marquee signings at world shattering fees. Zidane's glowing praise of Pogba on several occasions indicates there was real interest in the player. They couldn't financially compete with United's offer period.
It's not that we couldn't, we didn't want to. We wanted him, but not for the transfer fee+wages united agreed to pay.

And btw, pogba's doing well so far, a bad game happens to everybody now and then. He's your best player by a mile, the problem is the rest of the team, not pogba. He's not maradona

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The decisions their presidents make on transfers are not primarily football based as you know. Modric and Kroos are not as marketable as Pogba. Modric is 31 years old now too so its a stretch to suggest he's part of the reason they'd pass on Pogba. But hey, im not changing your mind on this.
Perez doesn't like pogba

Jib

Perez doesn't like pogba
Perez doesn't like Raiola* and Pogba doesn't like Real Madrid, he prefers Barcelona.
But Pogba wanted to be in the top 3 of the highest paid players at the Camp Nou and the transfer fee was too expensive. Despite the desire of the player and the club, this transfer was impossible because Barcelona is not in a good financial situation. On the other hand, Manchester United had the money so Pogba used Manchester City, Chelsea and Real Madrid in order to have the best deal with Manchester United.

In fact, Pogba wanted Barcelona ( his dream club with Marseille when he was a child ) or Manchester United ( a club he has learned to love during his years at the academy )

Last edited:
Zorya 0:2 Man Utd

Stacks

B-but, I thought he was a square peg in a round hole?
That's pretty good considering he's only really shown glimpses of his full ability.
Please stop. We have no idea what they base their scoring on and it can be comical. Wasn't who scored.com the site that voted Pogba as like the best Cm in the world? come on man.

Squawka has Pogba behind them all except Gueye. e.g. Pogba has 371.55 pts De Bruyne 415.99, Payet 443.57, Hendo on 403.82
The silly thing is this. Has really Payet turned up this season? and isn't he a Winger?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Think his shooting is better when it's instinctive, when he has time to line them up like that you know it's getting ballooned over.

cyberman

He's not shooting enough tonight. He and Ibra should be shooting any chance they get on a pitch like this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's shooting for the sake of it tonight. The keeper is always perfectly positioned and the defender's always able to do enough to put him off. We have to have more about us as a team to catch the opposition out for stuff like that to work imo. Everyone is too predictable, too slow.

Edit: Guy above being sarcy orrrr??

m1y2

he should totally stop producing those kind of performances when his passing is totally sloppy, I am really pissed by his shooting today but those misplaced passes are totally more annoying because he we know he's much better at it

Eddy_JukeZ

Really weird half from Pogba.

Took some awful shots and misplaced some easy passes.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Trying to prove something every time he touches the ball. Wants to beat two men and do a trick rather than pass. Really, really poor.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He makes some really good long passes, but blinkers his game with Hollywood longshots and needless skills to get past a man in the middle of the field. Keeping things simpler would improve his game a lot, I feel like.

Zoo

If Rooney and Ibra actually moved he may not try to force it so much.

Vaibhav Raj

A lot of you seem miffed about him taking those long range effort. Players have most probably been told to do just that and make long passes. Given the condition of the pitch and how it is next to impossible to pass the ball around with desired pace, I wouldn't be surprised if long shots and long balls are the strategy.In which case he is just trying to do what the manager has instructed him to. I don't think Mourinho will be mad at Pogba at all for putting the ball into the stands as long as he keepa trying to get one to hit the back of the net.

cyberman

Are you even watching the game? Had about 4 awful efforts.
And should still be shooting more, Ibra dropping deep is whats confusing me. Either play him for the high ball or drop deeper and start shooting himself. He's doing neither and it's stagnating our play.
We simply can't play short or quick passes on this pitch v 11 men behind the ball, why we're not shooting and bouncing the ball in front of this keeper is beyond me.

Rossa

Atrocious tonight. Continuing his Everton form. He is taking ten touches when two would suffice. Everything goes through him, but he slows us down massively.

JoaquinJoaquin

It's when he gets the most simple things wrong is what annoys me the most. The shooting I can tolerate because we have absolutely no movement up top.

clarkydaz

A lot of you seem miffed about him taking those long range effort. Players have most probably been told to do just that and make long passes. Given the condition of the pitch and how it is next to impossible to pass the ball around with desired pace, I wouldn't be surprised if long shots and long balls are the strategy.In which case he is just trying to do what the manager has instructed him to. I don't think Mourinho will be mad at Pogba at all for putting the ball into the stands as long as he keepa trying to get one to hit the back of the net.
he does it every game

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't defend him quite often, but playing in a midfield behind Rooney and Ibrahimovic as forwards is probably bit painful.

NinjaFletch

He reminds me an awful lot of Gerrard and I don't mean that in a particularly flattering way.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Much better in the second half then first. Falls over a lot, kind of welbeck-esque with that

Status
Not open for further replies.