6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

prath92

Anyone else remember that United fan on Twitter who called him the dancing mulumbu? :lol:

Festive Sandvich

Seems to be a bit of over-excitement on this thread, forgivable perhaps given that this is the first time in ages that we seem to have put together a proper functioning midfield. Thought Pogba has been pretty good the last couple of games, not amazing, and before that quite average. Has obvious ability, not seen him use it consistently yet. Still holds on to the ball too long, still shoots from improbable areas too much. Performances heading in the right direction though.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In terms of all around midfielders there aren't anyone else even close to him the way he's been playing for the past couple of months. He does everything form shutting the opposition down defensively to starting our attacks and finishing them off.

There are a couple of players who have provided more end product thus far this season, so I suppose you could argue that they contend with him for "best midfielder in the league" (even if none of them are traditional midfielders in the sense that he is). I suspect it won't be long until he's matching their numbers in terms of direct contributions as well, and at that point there won't be anything to debate.

One thing I know for certain is that there is not a player in the league I would swap Pogba for, midfielder or otherwise. The boy is 23 and his ceiling is sky high, and the prospect of him staying with us throughout his best years fills me with glee. I have a feeling those £89 million will end up looking like something of a bargain.
This 100% and I hope we add a few more around him to compliment him. Griezman would be a great starting point.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Don't you mean over your shoulder
We are 3 points off 2nd place and just 1 point off 3rd and 4th, but effectively 4 points clear of United ... so you figure it out as to which way Spurs are looking.

AXVnee7

Watching this reminds me Pogba could've had many more assists this season. Unfortunately we haven't been finishing well till recently, but the understanding (especially between Zlatan and Pogba) was always there and is only getting better game by game.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the player we need to build the team around.

Cheekiey

It can't be just me that smiles and gets giddy at the thought that he is ours and that the best is yet to come

ryan cook

The vitriol Paul Pogba gets on Facebook, Twitter and the like from opposition fans is hilarious. They hate the fact that we have him and they don't.

AgentP

He will easily get 10 goals this season and will also rack up the assists if our strikers just improve their finishing. It's so nice to see some real creativity from the midfield. Even under Fergie, we depended on our wingers to create majority of the chances.

Devil may care

Watching this reminds me Pogba could've had many more assists this season. Unfortunately we haven't been finishing well till recently, but the understanding (especially between Zlatan and Pogba) was always there and is only getting better game by game.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this is the player we need to build the team around.
:drool:

Sereques

Wondering if Marcotti will write a new article on him after that drivel he wrote early November.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The vitriol Paul Pogba gets on Facebook, Twitter and the like from opposition fans is hilarious. They hate the fact that we have him and they don't.
You get the feeling that if anyone has the self confidence to read the stuff twitter trolls post to him and give it a genuine hearty belly laugh before never thinking about it ever again, it's Paul Pogba.

kr0nix

He doesn't just go out to play. When he goes out to play, it's as if he plays and everyone else just plays along.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Could've scored a few amazing goals in this half. Hopefully he gets one in the second half

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Smashing player. Looking back, I cannot believe I did not rate him until the Bayern game. Still only 23.

Sylar

On another level. We need to get him involved more. Also need other players to be alert even if 50 yards away when he has the ball.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's so close from racking up serious amounts of goals and assists. Just not quite doing it, while still playing well.

MDFC Manager

Mouth watering stuff:drool::drool:

Delle Alli and Jordan Henderson must be fecking brilliant players to be better than this lad. :wenger:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Needs to master the cross field pass to valencia, messed it up a few times (though van aanholt is watching that pretty well). Tank though. How many times has he hit the post already? Feels like an unnaturally big amount for a half season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If he carries on playing this well we might have the next Hendo on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.