Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Might have already been mentioned but I noticed in yesterday's press gossip section that Ruud Gullit had said Pogba is facing going the same way is Memphis.

Is he really perceived as playing that bad by non-United supporters? I even know a few United supporters that think he's garbage i suppose.
People like Gullit clearly don't watch games. They just either see highlights or listen to what others say and follow the narrative. Nobody who's watched United all season could say he's been mainly poor, or that we are better without him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I sometimes feel he doesn't react quickly enough to situations... and that he gets a picture in his mind of what he wants to do, and then will do it regardless of what is going on around him. Like, he will think to himself, "I'm going to beat this man in front of me" ... and then when 2 other people crowd around him, he still thinks he's going to try beat the man... and sometimes he still manages to do it, because he's a very talented footballer, but other times he just ends up losing the ball.

It's the same when he shapes to shoot... This probably isn't true, but I swear I can always tell when Pogba wants to shoot, long before he actually does it... and he'll try work a position for the shot, and he will definitely shoot, regardless of the runs being made around him.

Or maybe thats all bollocks like, who knows

Fracture90

Might have already been mentioned but I noticed in yesterday's press gossip section that Ruud Gullit had said Pogba is facing going the same way is Memphis.

Is he really perceived as playing that bad by non-United supporters? I even know a few United supporters that think he's garbage i suppose.
He played for Chelsea so I'd take his assessment of the situation with a sack of salt.

On the other hand alongside Valencia, Pogba's probably been our best player this season, no way in hell he's as bad as some would like to brainwash you into believing.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Top banter. They're a weird breed Stoke. Their fans sing "we only hate man united" when there's no relevance between us whatsoever and we couldn't give two fecks about them. Seems like one of them six fingered creatures is running that account.

criticalanalysis

I sometimes feel he doesn't react quickly enough to situations... and that he gets a picture in his mind of what he wants to do, and then will do it regardless of what is going on around him. Like, he will think to himself, "I'm going to beat this man in front of me" ... and then when 2 other people crowd around him, he still thinks he's going to try beat the man... and sometimes he still manages to do it, because he's a very talented footballer, but other times he just ends up losing the ball.

It's the same when he shapes to shoot... This probably isn't true, but I swear I can always tell when Pogba wants to shoot, long before he actually does it... and he'll try work a position for the shot, and he will definitely shoot, regardless of the runs being made around him.

Or maybe thats all bollocks like, who knows
I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully he finds the rhythm and consistency to match that because it's exactly what make him great, that single minded attitude and ability to execute that extra bit of flair/penetration regardless of the situation.

LOL that's savage.

Jig1234

What I've seen so far of Pogba is promising but I think it's clear we need to invest in a proper midfield partner to get the best out of him like Weigl or Verratti. Carrick's getting on a bit now. I've also noticed vs Stoke, Pogba limitations or just him trying too hard and complicating things.

He has this habit of trying to protect the ball, hold on to it for far too long or take unnecessary touches which slow attacks down. Maybe others picked up on the few times Rashford was calling for the ball and Pogba ignored him everytime. Rashford was making perfect runs in behind and all it needed was for Pogba to release the ball early but he just held on it looked the other way.

I believe he's improved a lot but he is still 23 and I don't think we have the balance right around him and in our team just yet. Too reliant on Ibrahimovic and we lack any pace or runs in behind with him in the side which is a double edged sword. We need Ibrahimovic's goals but we also miss what we had last season which was runs in behind from Rashford causing defenders problems.

We probably need another window to help get the best out of Pogba.

Stacks

He played well today. He plays well every game, except against Liverpool. He's a magnificent player and we are lucky to have him.
You forgot Everton! Rose tinted glasses if ever I saw them. People seem insistent to justify his every game, maybe its to negate oppo fans bringing up his price tag, I just don't know. He has played like a talented youngster who is adjusting to a faster, tougher league. One that has been told he is already the best, which may give him false impressions about what he needs to change about his game. He has had good games, poor games, decent games and great games but certainly hasn't played well every game, unless you have only watched a handful. you can't be taken seriously if you think he played well vs Chelsea or even City. I am not trying to dig him out as he has outperformed most of our midfielders. This is a Pogba performance thread and I think we have the right to be honest. Most fans would be honest and admit some performances have been disappointing. Nothing wrong with saying it. Doesn't make you a bad person, believe me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its pretty surprising how after a great run of form, he has a bad game against liverpool and suddenly he has gone missing since then and looks a shadow of the player he did a few weeks ago.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
23 year old in lull in form shocker.

Sylar

He hasn't been good since #pogba lol

Do think he needs a bit more rest / rotation and thought this was a game it should have happened in

Roberto420

Seen Anderson looking better if I'm being honest, crazy how overhyped he is (captain material:lol:)

kps88

Maybe we can rest him/take him off once in a while instead of playing him every fecking game?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Unable to get involved much, but defense and midfield as a whole were comically incapable of keeping possession; Pogba was still the most composed and constructive of them and made fewer easy mistakes. And besides Ibra, he's the only one capable to make decisive plays out of nothing: Two standout passes right before halftime.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nicely finished that. Hopefully will give him some confidence back, he's been poor since the Liverpool game.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Important goal, well done. He needs to score more when his game is lacking.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
7th goal of the season. Anyone got stats for our top scoring CMs over the last 5 years or so?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
7 goals by January is a pretty good return for his position in truth. On course for about 12ish, which is more than he got in his last season with Juve...Should've had loads more assists as well, were it not for our general profligacy.

He should probably stop trying to compile his own mental YouTube compilation every gave though.

Last edited:

Jonno

I'm not sure thats a good enough excuse to be honest.

He was bought to be more than a promising 23 year old, and he's judged by those standards.
We paid what we had to to get him. I don't think the fee should dictate how ready he is. He's not complete it's plainly obvious to see that, but the flashes of brilliance and pieces of good form tell me he will be a great player in rhe next couple of years.

Stacks

We paid what we had to to get him. I don't think the fee should dictate how ready he is. He's not complete it's plainly obvious to see that, but the flashes of brilliance and pieces of good form tell me he will be a great player in rhe next couple of years.
That is a good point and I sort of agree with you however Jose states he is the best midfielder in the world so he has to live to that hype. He also ranked 14th best player in the world as well.......

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
How often do his stupid fecking tricks come off? Just play the game ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.