Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Those sound like things that Pogba is just as good at too...

Yet Pogba dribbles constantly, uses is strenghth excessively, including times when it's unnecessary and is constantly taking long shots......
:lol: Sounds like it doesn it ? I find it hard to explain but I don't see them being similar. Touré is lazy and use his burst of energy very sparingly. Pogba is a bit different, still a bit immature and tries to dribble too much in midfield at times whereas Touré can keep it simpler with passing.

Raw

Expected a lot more from him. Hate how he dawdles on the ball too long at times, it kills off counters so easily.

Donut

He was good I thought. Probably a bit low on confidence after last week so he kept it more simple, but still played a lot of forward passes.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was pretty poor again, no excuses. What's worse is that he looks to be taken off any defensive responsibility and he still doesn't give much in all around game and up front. Needs to do much better.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He was good I thought. Probably a bit low on confidence after last week so he kept it more simple, but still played a lot of forward passes.
Yeah I thought he was pretty good as well.

Like the rest of the team needs to work on shooting though.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Takes to long on the ball and picks the wrong pass 9 times out of 10. Needs to move the ball quicker if he wants to make it here or he should go back to the Italian league where football is played at his own snails pace. He is extremely frustrating to watch.

IhabX7

Takes to long on the ball and picks the wrong pass 9 times out of 10. Needs to move the ball quicker if he wants to make it here or he should go back to the Italian league where football is played at his own snails pace. He is extremely frustrating to watch.
He's already made it here you fecking sissy.

3KDré

We need to let him and Mkhitaryan roam free behind Martial and Ibra. We've too many players wanting to create instead of getting into the box. Mkhi and him are our best creators, so let them do what they are best at.

Jib

Decent today but it's harder for him when he doesn't have a creative CDM behind him. Otherwise he can't play with freedom and without freedom Pogba is a decent player not a great.

Carrick allows him that freedom unless he faces a high-pressing team.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Expected a lot more from him. Hate how he dawdles on the ball too long at times, it kills off counters so easily.
He was pretty poor again, no excuses. What's worse is that he looks to be taken off any defensive responsibility and he still doesn't give much in all around game and up front. Needs to do much better.
I think, for me, the only complaint is the length of time he takes on the ball which leads to better placed players getting closed down and kills off the attack.
Agree with these points. He dawdles while trying to find the 'spectacular' but rarely actually does.

I like him as a character, but I really do think that he brings a softness to our midfield. I just don't think you can have a 'free role' in the middle of the pitch in this day and age in the PL.

I also think he's mentally a bit soft, as we saw last week against the dippers.

If he was an oppo player, I think I'd view him as a flat track bully.

And as unfair as it is, I do think the price tag makes me expect more - though that's my own hang up, it's not his fault.

AR87

He looked much better after we took Fellaini off and nearly scored on a beautiful volley in the 1st half. Not his best performance but he was the only starting front 6 player to produce worthwhile moments in the attacking half.

Trizy

Thought he was good for a player playing fairly deeper than usual.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Turned into a good performance in the end. Kept releasing players in space.

Devil may care

Did fine I thought, he basically had to play as the #6 in the first half as Herrera wasn't effective deeper and Fellaini was just in the way. He carried it forward well in the second half and had plenty of variety in his passing, needs to tigthen up his shooting but that could be said of the entire team.

Art

Art the artist
Our best creative outlet but is still Paul Jogba when he needs to be sprinting back to defend.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Echoing what other have said, he keeps the ball FAR to long.

Probably fifteen times a game I see him carry the ball forward into the opposition half, then he slows, comes to a stop and then faces up the defender. Now he starts his shimmy / dummy move when he is facing an opposition player, all the while the pass was on but he stops, shimmy's and then passes to his nearest man.

Seemingly unbknowst to Pogba the opposition have now used those seconds to settle, organise and are ecstatic that he's faffing with the ball forty yards from goal.

He needs to move the ball faster, run off his man, collect the return balls while approaching the box, using his speed and technique to cause trouble. I get the feeling the biggest transfer fee is or has gone to his head, where he feels that he must run the show, must look good, must be the epicentre of the team but in my opinion he needs to stop being a marketers wet dream, work harder and start producing so he can be a football fans wet dream.

Other than that, he's got all the tools to dominate and blow opposition teams away.

cyberman

He was playing deep and setting all our attacks in motion. He can't play fast in that position.
It's about picking passes and eyeing situations further forward, not even Carrick plays it quick in those positions.
We dominated the game, we couldn't play better from box to box.

Sylar

It's hard for him to play with players like Fellaini
I agree with this.

Obviously Pogba can do some stuff better himself (like how long he holds onto the ball at times when a simple pass is on for a runner), but I dont think we ever see the best of Pogba when playing with Fellaini.

Z_Wolf

I must have watched a different game but I thought he was the best player on the pitch today. Created most of our chances playing from deep.

Wishe

He is "decent" and has been since he came, apart from a couple of games where he has been good and a couple of games where he has been terrible. Is that really enough for the price we paid? Is Pogba not supposed to be the best midfield player in the world?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He is "decent" and has been since he came, apart from a couple of games where he has been good and a couple of games where he has been terrible. Is that really enough for the price we paid? Is Pogba not supposed to be the best midfield player in the world?
He's nowhere near Kroos, Modric, Iniesta and Veratti. Has a very high ceiling tho but a poor base and brain.

MS4

Do they rotate as much as Pogba does?
I think they mostly play in their favorite position.

Status
Not open for further replies.