Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
People seem to think '90m, he's wasted playing so deep', but forget that for so long we were so crap in midfield. It's such an important position. The fact he can play in a 2 or 3 gives the manager so many options, and that is invaluable. Plus we have 10 years of this. It's worth the up front 'premium' we've paid. He's class, simple as. Silly to compare him to proper goal scorers like Neymar or Bale.
You're right. We've been crying out for game-changers in midfield for way too long now and Pogba is fitting the bill. Is it unfortunate that under SAF we couldn't have groomed him rather than letting him go to Italy? Maybe ... but maybe it's just what he needed to flourish?
I like how Pogs & Herrera are starting to gel together in midfield and I think Carrick will continue to see limited time protecting the back four from here on in.

Robertd0803

It was good to see him and Herrera play in a midfield two and both do it well. I think we have become so accustomed to the idea of needing Carrick for Pogba and Herrera to function at their most effective its surprising when they do it without him. Obviously against sterner tests we will need more cover centrally but it was a solid performance from both. Im still not sure how Pogba hasn't got at least another 5/6 goals this season but they will come.

RedStarUnited

If he matures his finishing, he could get 15-20 a season comfortably. In nearly every match he has a good scoring opportunity.

unimaginative_name

Rabiot & Veratti have shown that you don't need to disappear in big matches. If it was Pogba playing for PSG instead of one of these 2, yesterday they would have lost 0-3. Pogba did eff all in the UCL final 2015.

I'm sorry to form such a negative opinion about this guy, but his performances against big teams are so poor, I only see him as a luxury player and not worthy even half the money we paid for him.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Rabiot & Veratti have shown that you don't need to disappear in big matches. If it was Pogba playing for PSG instead of one of these 2, yesterday they would have lost 0-3. Pogba did eff all in the UCL final 2015.

I'm sorry to form such a negative opinion about this guy, but his performances against big teams is so poor, I only see him as a luxury player and not worthy even half the money we paid for him.
Match was between PSG and Barca and you are posting nonsense about Pogba.

Z_Wolf

I'm sorry to form such a negative opinion about this guy, but his performances against big teams is so poor, I only see him as a luxury player and not worthy even half the money we paid for him.
last night's match wasn't a CL final.

notcool

Supports
a

Tactics can play a big part. If the coach has a good way to play against a team and communicates this well to the players, they are able to play well. If you look at the PSG-Barca match last night, yes, the players performed well but the coach also set them up in a way that allowed them to perform well.

unimaginative_name

Match was between PSG and Barca and you are posting nonsense about Pogba.
What's nonsense about that? Show me one performance from Pogba against a top top team like Barcelona/Real/Bayern Munich that matches the level shown by Verratti and Rabiot? Hell, show me one performance from him from this season against mediocre English "top" teams.
last night's match wasn't a CL final.
It doesn't have to be, it's was part of a knockout fixture, a fixture termed as daunting for PSG by many. Rabiot and Verratti stood up for that daunting task, while Pogba would disappear like he did against Liverpool. Yes, I still keep harping about that match because his performance was unacceptable in that match.
Tactics can play a big part. If the coach has a good way to play against a team and communicates this well to the players, they are able to play well. If you look at the PSG-Barca match last night, yes, the players performed well but the coach also set them up in a way that allowed them to perform well.
Excuses & more excuses. In case of players like Martial, these excuses disappear, but we must have all of them for Pogba. Right?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What's nonsense about that? Show me one performance from Pogba against a top top team like Barcelona/Real/Bayern Munich that matches the level shown by Verratti and Rabiot? Hell, show me one performance from him from this season against mediocre English "top" teams.
Watch Pogba's performance for Juventus against big teams, especially against Bayern away.

Now that it's obvious what you are I will drop from this conversation.

SirAF

Ageist

I'm sorry to form such a negative opinion about this guy, but his performances against big teams are so poor, I only see him as a luxury player and not worthy even half the money we paid for him.
Agenda.

ElQuesoGrande

If all you want from a CM is lofted long balls and endless shots from outside your box he's your 89m man alright

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's all fun talking about him being unlucky, but he should be scoring that, unlucky or not, that was a clear goalscoring chance.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought he was excellent tonight. Looks like Mourinho is definitely changing the way he plays, definitely does more defensively and all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.