Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
In a more advanced position

Pogba

Matoudi Kante
I feel we missed a big trick by nit signing Kante. Should have offloaded Herrera or Schneiderlin in his place.

Having Pogba - Kante in out middle would have been :drool::drool:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

ti vu

Just noticed Pogba is confirmed as homegrown. This transfer is getting better over the time.

What a beautiful assist for Martial :drool:

Stacks

I feel we missed a big trick by nit signing Kante. Should have offloaded Herrera or Schneiderlin in his place.

Having Pogba - Kante in out middle would have been :drool::drool:
Jose is no idiot. Check sky sports. Kante confirmed Jose called him and tried to get him but he liked Conte's vibe (financial package) better

Full bodied red

So I just clicked on the thread called "Paul Pogba: 2016/17 Performances" to find out how he got on when he played last night. WTF is this shit?!?
He had a typical Pogba-like performance....Powerful box to box runs with a few cute passes at the end some of them....And broke up Italian attacking moves just with his physical bulk and long legs....

Otherwise, nothing sensational to identify him as the world's most expensive player.

Martial, on the other hand, looked like the Martial we know and love.....

Yagami

Good post resistant
So I just clicked on the thread called "Paul Pogba: 2016/17 Performances" to find out how he got on when he played last night. WTF is this shit?!?
It's the same Real Madrid supporter, @sportsczy , constantly coming in here and talking about everything bar said performances. I mean, the guys almost got double the amount of posts the 2nd top poster in this thread has and nearly half his total post count.

On Pogba's performance - it wasn't anything great. Had a couple of nice moments, and got two assists (the 1st, to Martial, was good vision from him but was lucky not to be intercepted).

If you have the time, here's his individual highlights:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's the same Real Madrid supporter, @sportsczy , constantly coming in here and talking about everything bar said performances. I mean, the guys almost got double the amount of posts the 2nd top poster in this thread has and nearly half his total post count.

On Pogba's performance - it wasn't anything great. Had a couple of nice moments, and got two assists (the 1st, to Martial, was good vision from him but was lucky not to be intercepted).

Was he utilised as a box to box or in a deeper role yesterday?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Was he utilised as a box to box or in a deeper role yesterday?
Pretty much box to box alongside Matuidi with Kanté sitting deep. Later on, when Sissoko came on, he went to a more advanced role, but I was kind of half watching so if I got it wrong someone can correct me.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
He played right side B2B with Matuidi in there and then went to left side B2B when Sissoko replaced Matuidi.

With Kante in there, he was allowed to play freely imo. He got involved in the attack regularly all game.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

The whistles from salty Juve fans whenever he touched the ball.:drool:

Handré1990

Back on topic..

I just love how he strikes the ball. Smacks it around with purpose everytime! (well, maybe not every... you know what I mean!) Like the first pass in the video @Yagami posted (thanks btw! didn't catch the game), with his outside of the foot. Non of that, "maybe this pass is a good idea". Just pings it around with real pace on the pass. I really believe he is going to go up a level or two in the right setup!

How wonderful it is to be a United fan. My more irrational friends are spewing hatred, and my more sensible ones are showing quiet disdaine for the position we currently find ourselves in.

In short, bring on the quiet neighbours! :keano:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Back on topic..

I just love how he strikes the ball. Smacks it around with purpose everytime! (well, maybe not every... you know what I mean!) Like the first pass in the video @Yagami posted (thanks btw! didn't catch the game), with his outside of the foot. Non of that, "maybe this pass is a good idea". Just pings it around with real pace on the pass. I really believe he is going to go up a level or two in the right setup!

How wonderful it is to be a United fan. My more irrational friends are spewing hatred, and my more sensible ones are showing quiet disdaine for the position we currently find ourselves in.

In short, bring on the quiet neighbours! :keano:
No problem! :)

The channel that made the video, JoselUnited, is brilliant so I'd recommend subscribing. The person that runs the channel makes individual highlights for not only our current players, but our players out on loan, too (Januzaj/Pereira/Varela) incase you don't get the opportunity to watch them.

Handré1990

No problem! :)

The channel that made the video, JoselUnited, is brilliant so I'd recommend subscribing. The person that runs the channel makes individual highlights for not only our current players, but our players out on loan, too (Januzaj/Pereira/Varela) incase you don't get the opportunity to watch them.
Thanks! I'm somewhat technically challenged:wenger:, so all these bits of information is opening up a new world for me!:D Been reading the caf for years, and the Scandinavian supporter site is actually much better than Manutd.com, so I love all input Manchester United:devil:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Basically what he said. However this is his time to shine now and I really like him as a player. Positive forward attitude and underrated defending. Such a shame he plays for a cnut of a club.
Surely the cnut should play for a cnut club

Riz

Great skill and run.

Picked the wrong pass at the end though. Shoulda just layed it off to the fella coming in from the right.
I dunno, the bloke he passed it to failed to take advantage of what could have been a very dangerous overlap.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great skill and run.

Picked the wrong pass at the end though. Shoulda just layed it off to the fella coming in from the right.
Yeah, probably should have changed direction and spotted him, but Giroud made a right hash of it tbh.

Donut

How'd he get on for France tonight?
I've only seen the 2nd half, but he was very quiet. Not bad or anything, but France had all of the ball and he mostly just passed to the more attacking players, while he didn't try much.

In Rainbows

I've only seen the 2nd half, but he was very quiet. Not bad or anything, but France had all of the ball and he mostly just passed to the more attacking players, while he didn't try much.
He did a few dribbles, but then passed the ball to the more advanced player.

RedStarUnited

The biggest inprovement he can make as a player is his final pass selection or action. He seems to always be able to beat players and the get to the edge of the box and make a pass that kills the move or slows it down. This will probably improve with age though and should shine through. As a perfect example, when messi enters that space outside the box, his awareness of everyone around him and pass selection/execution is unmatched! But Messi only became that good post 25yrs old.

Santos J

Been good on the ball but needs to get more involved when City have the ball in the middle as we're just giving them so much time and space.

Devil may care

He's not doing enough off the ball to help Fellaini, it's suicide not having 3 proper CM's when you play a Guardiola team, you need to squeeze the center of the pitch.

Walters_19_MuFc

This is the reason I, like Jose did with Fabregas in the big games, would put Pogba further up in these type of games (games where we won't have much of the ball).

He's been good on the ball. His driving runs have been excellent, and he has opened up a lot of space for us, however; off it, he's not really helping out that much defensively, which is leaving a massive gap for De Bruyne and Silva to exploit.

I'd change to a 433 in the second half, with Pogba being the most advanced in the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.