Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We only have two proper midfielders in the squad; Pogba and Hererra. Andreas Pereira and 2 more central midfielders are ideal next season.

After 30 mins Man City sussed out our midfield and Yaya Toure was having free reign. Paul Pogba wouldve physically dominated Toure and provided us with some creativity on the counter. Instead we have our very own tree who couldnt physically dominate a puppy or pass more than 5 yards. To add insult to injury he got a red card at a crucial time.

Martial and Micky were pinned back the whole game because City knew Rashford wouldnt score in this game if it lasted a whole week so they had no reason to leave players in defense, Sane and Sterling could play with freedom. Rashford made some fantastic runs in the opening minutes but as time went on he realised he was getting service from Fellaini and Martial so he ended up walking for the whole of the 2nd half.

Pogba's quality cannot be questioned; without him we turn into a non-footballing team like West-Brom.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
We missed him. He doesn't even do the simple things that well but he has the class to shield the ball and vision too. Fellaini lacks both sorely, and it meant that we were often stuck in our own half when with a better midfielder we could have countered nicely.

ti vu

The drop in creativity is significant. Even in his worse game, where he lost his head & could do brainless stuff, he still offers some creativity here & there.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
If anyone doubts the impact of Pogba for us - strap them down, tape their eyes open and force them to watch this match on a loop until they come to their senses.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Surprise, surprise.

Anyone who questioned his influence is blind.
Not sure one match proves anything either way. Just like he was a buffoon vs Liverpool or wasn't particularly impressive against City at home doesn't mean anything is set in stone about His qualities.

Borden

We missed him. He doesn't even do the simple things that well but he has the class to shield the ball and vision too. Fellaini lacks both sorely, and it meant that we were often stuck in our own half when with a better midfielder we could have countered nicely.
Except he does. His stats speak for themselves. He does have some sloppy moments here and there but so does every other CM in the league.

He's our best and most important player.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Except he does. His stats speak for themselves. He does have some sloppy moments here and there but so does every other CM in the league.

He's our best and most important player.
One of the complaints I have, watching Pogba, is that sometimes he takes too long on the ball instead of playing a simple forward pass. He can mostly get himself out of that tough spot, but it sometimes halts momentum. There were a few instance stoday when riding a challenge or playing a quick forward pass could have got us counter-attacking chances, and Pogba would probably have managed a few of them correctly.
Fellaini can neither play the pass quickly enough, and today everyone from Sterling to Aguero could nick the ball off him.

Raw

The league games he missed this season (discounting the first game of the season v Bournemouth away) show how much we do miss him. There was the 3-1 away win v Boro, but we weren't as good as the scoreline suggests. Then there's the 0-0 games v West Brom and City. Both different kind of games, but we severely lacked a cutting edge that Pogba gives us.

I said a while ago that I'd like to see us play without him just to see how much he really does add to the squad. And yeah, now I'm convinced we need him.

Skills

Snitch
He's massively underrated and gets slaughtered for dumb reasons. Reminds me of Nani's treatment where the man would put a goal on a plate for someone, but still get slaughtered for a sloppy pass or overlaying it a bit. Guess what, if you're going to try and score or make a goal you're going to need to take a few chances. And sometimes they won't come off. It's actually more than sometimes because it's a sport in which you score on average 2 goals out of 15 odd shots.

el3mel

So suddenly all people start to notice what he brings when he plays instead of slaughtering him for the simplest mistake ? He has been a massive player for us in most season except very few games as Liverpool at OT. Other than this he has been a key player in our midfield and we can hardly move the play forward without him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Sometimes he gets slaughtered rightly because he makes wrong decisions but most of the time it's because he's not dribbling round players like Messi and then getting 4 assists and a goal every game.

shabz

Sorely missed today, no one else wanted the ball and when they did get the ball it was all rushed and panicked. Also missed his legs, Carrick and Fellaini couldn't cope with the runs in the second half. Hopefully he is back for Sunday.

Loublaze

ATLien
Sometimes he gets slaughtered rightly because he makes wrong decisions but most of the time it's because he's not dribbling round players like Messi and then getting 4 assists and a goal every game.
Its a really messed up place to be for a player. The pressure is ridiculous

Red Star One

I might have been irritated with him a lot of times and I still think I expected a bit more of him here, even in his first (well, first in a while) season in Premier League, but with all those unlucky misses, reckless plays, unnecessary dribbles and ridiculously complicated passes he is still an extremely important player for us that will only get better with time. Let's just hope he stays hungry not only for trophies but also for his further development as a footballer. We missed him a lot tonight and I really hope he'll feature in all remaining games of the season. Top lad and United player in heart.

Sylar

Badly need him for the Europa League games imo. And obviously Arsenal and Spurs for the league route.
I think we can do without him vs Swansea if thats the case to ensure hes fit for Celta away.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He's been one of our best players this season. I think Ander has been just as good but the team is built around Pogba. He's a pretty special talent. Hopefully he can start dominating the big matches more consistently next season. Himself Ddg Bailly Zlatan and Ander would get into any pl first 11. Pogba would be a star in any team in the world. He's going to prove to be a very shrewd bit of business by the club over the next few years especially as transfer fees rocket up season after season. He's the next face of United. We are going to have a pretty good team again very soon. Just a little bit more quality in there to replace carrick and push the rest and our midfield is more or less sorted.

Edit - I wouldn't swap him for any other midfielder in the world, he's one of the best. You add to that and build around it... His age and profile fit our clubs "project" (hate that word in relation to football) perfectly.

Fridge chutney

How crap our midfield becomes when he's not on the pitch proves what an impact he has. Brilliant player, Pogba.

Triple.Threat

He doesn't give away the ball and would have put through Rashford all day long especially those basic unchallenged through balls with all City players in our half
I noticed a few times today Rashford was ready and stayed onside waiting for through balls which never came. Fellaini had a golden chance to put him through but most likely he lacked the skills and intelligence to do so.

Jonno

He makes mistakes and isn't the finished article yet, but wow we missed him against City. We missed his athleticism, passing range, fitness and even his tackles.

We've got an excellent player on our hands and he's only going to get better

Jonno

I noticed a few times today Rashford was ready and stayed onside waiting for through balls which never came. Fellaini had a golden chance to put him through but most likely he lacked the skills and intelligence to do so.
I saw that, it's like Fellaini himself knew he didn't have the ability to pass it through so took the sideways pass option and I suppose I'd rather he did that than lose the ball with a terrible pass. We missed Pog more than I thought.

AgentP

He doesn't give away the ball and would have put through Rashford all day long especially those basic unchallenged through balls with all City players in our half
We missed him a lot yesterday. It's not enough just to have forwards making good runs. There needs to be someone who can feed them with accurate through balls. Only Herrera actually has an eye for making such passes but even he is not that good at it. Fellaini can only pass to the left back. Carrick for all his passing skills is not that good in playing the ball behind opposition's defense. I hope he's back in time for the Celta game.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
At least all those idiots who were fine with him being out realize how important he is already to the team

sugar_kane

We missed his mobility more than anything last night, last night we didn't have a single player in our midfield who is inclined to run with the ball

laughtersassassin

Not our best player this season but without a doubt in my mind our most important player.

We are a nothing side without him.
Remember the Middlesbrough game, after we went two up our midfield was incapable of controlling the ball for even a second. Thus inviting pressure.

Was similar last nigh. No doubt Jose's tactics where to win the ball deep and counter but the fact our midfield could not supply any good passes increased the pressure on us and gave our 3 attackers little to work with.

Imo no Pogba no Party

Reactions: Akshay
Status
Not open for further replies.