Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

Confirmed out for Sunday but back for Celta
Source?

Edit: Nevermind found it

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...er-united-v-swansea-city-sunday-30-april.aspx

The Reds manager spoke to the press after Thursday's goalless draw at Manchester City and confirmed that Tim Fosu-Mensah has joined the injury list, while Marouane Fellaini will now miss the next three games following his derby dismissal.

There was some better news for the Reds when Mourinho confirmed that Juan Mata is edging closer to a return and Paul Pogba is likely to be back for the trip to Celta Vigo next Thursday.

Mourinho also discussed the possibility of Wayne Rooney playing in midfield against Swansea at Old Trafford, saying: "It's an option. We have Herrera and Carrick and nothing else. Tim is another one that we miss so we are in trouble but we will fight that’s for sure.

"I think the first one to be back is Mata, which gives us another option in attack but, in reality, what we need now is one of the two central defenders to be back."

AgentP

He is the most important player in our team without doubt. The dip in quality without him is just huge . Glad that he'll be back for the Celta game.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
If he's back against Celta, then it's great. He got a nice little break and should be raring to go for the rest of the season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I love Pogba but he's ranged from horrendous to unimpressive in all of the big games for us. As crazy as it sounds because he is an incredible player and, against all but the big guns, been one of, if not our best player, I don't think he'd have made much of a difference.

Of course I'd rather he played and want him back ASAP, but going off history Pogba playing wouldn't have been a dead certain improvement to our overall performance.

Zoo

Pogba produced 47 passes to players in the opposition's half in the win over Chelsea and 33 against Burnley at the weekend. Ander Herrera had the most at the Etihad of any red with 21 - the same as David de Gea.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pogba produced 47 passes to players in the opposition's half in the win over Chelsea and 33 against Burnley at the weekend. Ander Herrera had the most at the Etihad of any red with 21 - the same as David de Gea.
TBF we played a totally different game at the Etihad, we sat back to play on the counter, counting passes vs matches where we looked to take the game more to the opposition isn't a fair comparison. Having said that, he would have been more useful than Fellaini or even Carrick (who was particularly disappointing)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I love Pogba but he's ranged from horrendous to unimpressive in all of the big games for us. As crazy as it sounds because he is an incredible player and, against all but the big guns, been one of, if not our best player, I don't think he'd have made much of a difference.

Of course I'd rather he played and want him back ASAP, but going off history Pogba playing wouldn't have been a dead certain improvement to our overall performance.
Not true.
Arsenal and Spurs at home he was particularly good, and he done a good job vs Chelsea the other week

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
When he plays the simple game well, I.e head up, passing straight out to the ball carriers we are so much better.

His long range passing is up there with Scholes. It's when he overcomplicates it with a pointless dribble or a delay...

We missed the passing badly yesterday. As good as Carrick's passing can be (and it wasn't really last night) Pogba is the go to guy for spreading the play nowadays.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not true.
Arsenal and Spurs at home he was particularly good, and he done a good job vs Chelsea the other week
Those 3 performances weren't that impressive to me. Especially when we know how good he can be. I've yet to come away from a game against similar/superior opposition where I've thought he's played good.

VanGaalEra

Makes those people that want him dropped look like clueless bastards.

There was a pass from Fellaini around the 60 min mark to Martial which he should have played in behind for Rashford. Pogba would have made that pass and Rashford would have had Kompany isolated.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
http://www.squawka.com/news/7-key-man-utd-pogba-stats/939923#eQm1pg9arvE2irkW.97

Interesting stats that prove how vital he's for our attacking play.
Hes having such a good season and has been so instrumental to our play and most people cant even see it. If he was another midfielder people would be raving about how good he has been this season. The scary thing is he can get so much better. His potential is unbelievable. In the next few years we could be laughing about how we robbed Juv.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
Makes those people that want him dropped look like clueless bastards.

There was a pass from Fellaini around the 60 min mark to Martial which he should have played in behind for Rashford. Pogba would have made that pass and Rashford would have had Kompany isolated.
There were about 4-5 excellent runs Rashford made that would have left him one on one with a city defender and at least 2 that would have put him one on one with Bravo. Every time we missed them I couldn't stop thinking Pogba would have definitely put in a decent pass for him at least twice. It was so frustrating to watch all those runs go to waste.

Reactions: Penna

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not true.
Get out this thread with your common sense who do you think you are?

bdecuc

I fear for our performance if he's missing tomorrow but hopefully, hopefully he's back against Celta. How we missed him against City. Desperately needed him there to take the ball under pressure and give us a foothold.

EyeInTheSky

Hes having such a good season and has been so instrumental to our play and most people cant even see it. If he was another midfielder people would be raving about how good he has been this season. The scary thing is he can get so much better. His potential is unbelievable. In the next few years we could be laughing about how we robbed Juv.
I think that once Jos brings in some more players for cohesion and synergy then Pogba can concentrate driving the game forward and playing his own game rather than trying to be everything for everyone. He didn't play in his own for Juve.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His stock is rightfully growing the more time he spends out of the side.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
His stock is rightfully growing the more time he spends out of the side.
The last two games have shown exactly what we miss when he's not around.

I remember him and Herrera playing as a two in midfield in plenty of matches e.g. Leicester (H), Stoke (H) etc. even in the ones that ended disappointingly we never looked as shocking as we have today.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The last two games have shown exactly what we miss when he's not around.

I remember him and Herrera playing as a two in midfield in plenty of matches e.g. Leicester (H), Stoke (H) etc. even in the ones that ended disappointingly we never looked as shocking as we have today.
He controls the game for us and o
Is always willing to accept the ball in difficult areas. We lack options when he isn't there.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Him out of the team results in the United we have seen over the last few years. No link between midfield and attack.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah it's really noticeable how much he does bring to our team

We miss him so much.

pseudo_canadian

He's legitimately the only player on this team with the ability to consistently link the midfield to our attacking players.

It's obvious that we're completely shit with him out.

Devil may care

At least people are finally realizing what he brings to this team, our chance creation has bottomed out without him and we are struggling to impose ourselves in midfield without his physical presence.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We look awful when he isn't on the pitch. No control in midfield, no creativity, no threat going forward. Mata if he plays as the 10 can "cover" some of that, but it's still not the same.

El Zoido

He's legitimately the only player on this team with the ability to consistently link the midfield to our attacking players.

It's obvious that we're completely shit with him out.
I think you mean "is Pogba's injury a blessing in disguise?"

Obiorahking_

Its that old saying:you never truly appreciate what you have until its gone. One thing I have noticed is that even when he isn't playing well, there is still that fear factor that teams have of him that would led to more added attention on him, and less attention on our attackers.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think it's now beyond obvious what Pogba means for us.

He actually makes our midfield competent and good.

Without him, the midfield is a bit shit.

He links midfield and attack. Plays our attackers through on goal more than anyone. And when he wants to, can ping the ball brilliantly speeding up our attacks and he's been much better defensively lately too. Can get past a player or two + his surging runs from midfield opening up space in attack.

We need him back ASAP.

Hojoon

He's got his faults to iron out but he's basically our only creative player this season.

Devil may care

Amazing, Pogba's absence turns around a lot of the opinions against him:).

He upgraded our midfield, without him our midfield lacks that 'piercing thrust' or 'cutting edge'.
Exactly, the lack of craft in the midfield without Pogba is so evident and he moves the ball much quicker than our other CM's, always thinking forwards.

Z_Wolf

Is it a sure thing he will be back for Celta? Our midfield could do with a world class player.
With out Pogba, we've basically lost what's so different about us this season from last. He's the only player with ability to drive the team forward quickly. His innovative play and athleticism is badly missed.

AXVnee7

He is expected to be back for the Celta game. Preferentially he needs to start, but he's so vital to our midfield that he shouldn't be rushed back either.

Cantonagotmehere

What about the Chelsea game. How'd he do in that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.