6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Long term investment which will be worth it. If he can get double figures in goals for the first season, it will be good.

And to think, he can get better and improve. Its what our midfield has been crying out for (its probably our best area now too).

caid

Thought tonight was his best match for us tbh
Not as flashy as some of the previous ones but was always there to cover, picked good positions and just picked the right options most times
(losing the ball in our half wasn't great but wasn't helped much by the pass)
Picked the right times to do the more extravagant stuff too.

Very encouraging performance.

3KDré

He's technically homegrown right? Does that mean we can cheat and say we developed one of the best players in the world?

The BlackGaijin

I know a French guy who says he'd play Cissokho over him every time :lol:
I know a Liverpool fan who thinks Henderson is better than him. I know a Japanese guy who prefers Fish and Chips to sushi. I know a black guy who doesn’t like fried Chicken, I even know a few million people who think Trump will is actually a feminist..

Some people are messed up. You can’t really help that kind of person.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I know a Liverpool fan who thinks Henderson is better than him. I know a Japanese guy who prefers Fish and Chips to sushi. I know a black guy who doesn’t like fried Chicken, I even know a few million people who think Trump will is actually a feminist..

Fish and chips is better than sushi though.

Loublaze

ATLien

Wow what a shock! They all love it don't they?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

People are very strange these days. I used to know a girl; she had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it... beat her up so bad she ended up at a hospital on Guerrero Street.

Bruno8

I hope he quickly cuts out some of his casual instincts of taking too long on the ball or not tracking back quick enough when we lose possession. It does seem like its due to his over-confidence nature, but his work rate has improved lately

The BlackGaijin

People are very strange these days. I used to know a girl; she had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it... beat her up so bad she ended up at a hospital on Guerrero Street.
I know people are wierd so I am not surprised that some are doubting the next ballond dor winner.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I still expect a lot more from him - considering his standing and the hype that surrounds him.... though maybe thats my fault for buying into it.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He was man of the match for me last night, him and Carrick dominated midfield, he contributed up and down the left flank in attack and defence too.
This allowed the great interplay between the front 4 players to work so well.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He get's better and better and way my man of the match. I also noticed that he works more for the team, sprints back when needed and covers other players. His forward passing is brilliant, the only thing that annoys me is that he can lose the ball quite easily (almost stupid)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I Love the fact that he doesn't just sit there infront of the defence running and passing sideways. He pushes forward, he takes risks and he shoots! In games like that where the other team aren't interested in attacking it's so vital to have that extra player in attack. His dribbles create space for the 10 also which is very important.

ROFLUTION

Was great against Arsenal and also yesterday. MotM candidate for both.

The way he combines physique with dribbling and pushes into the space between midfield and defence is something we haven't seen in this way before in modern-day United. Maybe Anderson, but yeah.. Anderson. Pogba physically shoves people off, and dribbles past the next.

He goes for the key-passes all the time too.

Great buy. Was a lot of money, but he's quality - and his price needs to be seen compared to how much cash we hold in general. Same bracket-spending as Rio, who also was a great buy even though the price was high.

Reactions: Penna

NYAS

He's the most complete footballer in the world, probably along with Vidal and Alaba.

The one thing that he needs to cut out though is when he gets complacent with his strength when several opposition players surround him, he looks relaxed about it on purpose as if he knows he'll just get out of the situation no matter how outnumbered he is, and then a foot comes out and suddenly they just nick the ball off him and he's dispossessed.

Being physically strong is not a substitute for having no control of the ball at your feet.

TsuWave

I still expect a lot more from him - considering his standing and the hype that surrounds him.... though maybe thats my fault for buying into it.
Please elaborate on what else you expect from him. he's consistently putting in quality performances and is one of the core reasons we have been dominating/having the upper hand in games now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Please elaborate on what else you expect from him. he's consistently putting in quality performances and is one of the core reasons we have been dominating/having the upper hand in games now.
I expect him to not shirk out of tackles every now and then, I expect him to use his physicality more (because when he does, he's a beast), I expect him to use the ball more intelligently at times, I expect him to not got caught on his heels (which happens a fair bit) i expect him to cut out the sloppy passes, and I expect some of his decision making to be better.

Granted he's young, and stuff like decision making will come with age, but some of it - like his anticipation and his use of the ball - to be a lot better then it is.

ZAGREB RED

Getting better, but needs to concentrate more on doing the basics first and less on the Hollywood pass/finish, not to mention the celebration/dance routines with Lingard. Save that for when it really matters, as in winning big games/titles/cups.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His yellow card situation isn't a bit precarious TBH. He's one away from a suspension. Aren't we away at Spurs next or something? He's pretty irreplaceable with the quality he gives us in midfield, there's no other like him.

I'm not sure if a booking this weekend will see him out for the next weeks Cup game with West Ham instead, but I don't even think I'd be happy with him out of that either.

Icemav

His yellow card situation isn't a bit precarious TBH. He's one away from a suspension. Aren't we away at Spurs next or something? He's pretty irreplaceable with the quality he gives us in midfield, there's no other like him.

I'm not sure if a booking this weekend will see him out for the next weeks Cup game with West Ham instead, but I don't even think I'd be happy with him out of that either.
I would hope that Carrick Miti Ander and Mata could hold the fort in his brief absence. Mou seems to be figuring out how to put the parts together now. Huzzah.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I would hope that Carrick Miti Ander and Mata could hold the fort in his brief absence. Mou seems to be figuring out how to put the parts together now. Huzzah.
Agreed, I'd just rather it wasn't at WHL or something.

Sylar

Agreed, I'd just rather it wasn't at WHL or something.
Yeah I think thats fair.

He brings something we miss in CM from others. Its a nice balance we have. Against lesser teams, him in a CM two is good. Against bigger teams, him as part of a midfield three is good too.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I haven't been worried about him the slightest, when you buy a certain level of quality that will shine through no matter what.

He is the level of player we need to go for from now on, no more fecking around with the second or third string choices. It will cost a pretty penny but falling further behind the current European powerhouses and have our pull and brand (yeah, I know, but that is how it is these days) further diminish will be even more expensive in the long run.

TsuWave

I expect him to not shirk out of tackles every now and then, I expect him to use his physicality more (because when he does, he's a beast), I expect him to use the ball more intelligently at times, I expect him to not got caught on his heels (which happens a fair bit) i expect him to cut out the sloppy passes, and I expect some of his decision making to be better.

Granted he's young, and stuff like decision making will come with age, but some of it - like his anticipation and his use of the ball - to be a lot better then it is.
I think he uses his physical prowess often enough to the point I feel like he might get one or two stupid injuries like a dead leg or something throughout the season. Using the ball intelligently is vague criticism without specific examples, especially if we consider the multiple chances he has created that somehow our front players fluffed. Indeed, I think chance creation would be a better metric to ascertain if he uses the ball in an intelligent manner, and to some extent regarding decision making too, and going just by memory pogba has created several chances.

I don't fully get what you mean by getting caught on his heels so I will not address that, and regarding sloppy passes, squawka has his pass accuracy at 86%, for comparison mata's at 91% and carrick is at 92%, mata plays further up the pitch and carrick has a pretty static role, of our midfield the one with the role closest to pogba's is maybe Herrera and he is at 88%, so no much difference there, considering where he plays and how much of our play goes through him, if his pass accuracy is in the high 80s percentage wise then it's fine.

I feel like he has been great, and thoroughly justifying of the hype, had half of the chances he has created been converted people would be talking in "world class" terms and not "I expect a bit more", but then again it is out of his hands that our strike force has been wasteful. I hope people don't go into things expecting back to back 10/10 performances out of a player all the time, sometimes we will get the 7/10, even the 6/10, in between the 8/10 and 9/10 performances and that is perfectly fine, so long as it's consistently positive, which he has been.

Getting better, but needs to concentrate more on doing the basics first and less on the Hollywood pass/finish, not to mention the celebration/dance routines with Lingard. Save that for when it really matters, as in winning big games/titles/cups.
Is it really wrong/bad for kids to be having fun/enjoying themselves?

"save that for when it really matters" sounds like something a grumpy old head would say, no offense. I feel like it's harmless fun and the more they are enjoying themselves it can only be better for team spirit, expression and creativity on the pitch, and loyalty to team and club

Reactions: Dr. Dwayne
Status
Not open for further replies.