Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 5225

If this is a rift between Jose and Pogba then I only see one winner - Pogba. He seems very well liked around the club by pretty much everyone, so if Jose and him get to the stage where they have some irreconcilable shit going on, then I can see players being on Pogba's side. Then it's goodbye Jose. Obviously, hopefully, it's all just some bullshit.
No chance.

You can't let a player undermine you as a manager.
You think Pogba will be the winner?!
Manager >>>>> any other player - esp when it's a strong manager like Jose (SAF, etc)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Manager >>>>> any other player - esp when it's a strong manager like Jose (SAF, etc)
Only if he delivers on the pitch, which is debatable atm.

gica_7

It might be premature to say this but if he is really on the bench, I don't see how this relationship will be fixed.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looks like Jose is laying down the law. As long as he eventually brings him back to the fold and play him where he should.. It's all gravy.

Member 5225

Only if he delivers on the pitch, which is debatable atm.
Really? Take our current United position in the league and literally inject into any other season (this season Man City have raised the bar beyond belief) - we would be there or thereabouts. Even that isn't good enough?!

el3mel

If this is a rift between Jose and Pogba then I only see one winner - Pogba. He seems very well liked around the club by pretty much everyone, so if Jose and him get to the stage where they have some irreconcilable shit going on, then I can see players being on Pogba's side. Then it's goodbye Jose. Obviously, hopefully, it's all just some bullshit.
There's nothing. He's probably treated like Martial last season, benched till he finds his form and start working again. Martial didn't leave and Pogba neither. If Pogba is professional enough he'll take this period as a means to fight even harder to reclaim as his place like Martial previously did. This's Mourinho way of managing his players, whatever we agree or disagree with it, tough love it's.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No chance.

You can't let a player undermine you as a manager.
Its much easier to get rid of one person than of 7-8. Players like Martial, Lingard, Shaw, and few others will back pogba to the hilt imo.

Macca7

It was pretty obvious to me that Pogba wasn't 'ill' for huddersfield. After everything that's gone on lately it was too much of a coincidence. If he's not starting tonight then its proof. Worrying times if so...

Paxi

Yeah Jose already lost 2 battles against players in Madrid and Chelsea.

And Florentino actually really likes Jose and he still sacked him.

Roboc7

Jose should offload him in the summer, if he has no intention of playing to pogba’s strengths. I cannot understand why he bought him in the first place.

I think Mourinho’s inability to recognise what is now required of midfielders at the top clubs will prevent him from achieving anything significant. He puts way to much emphasis on height and physicality and if he plays a champions league game with no creativity in midfield it is embarrassing.

RedDevil@84

Its much easier to get rid of one person than of 7-8. Players like Martial, Lingard, Shaw, and few others will back pogba to the hilt imo.
No. There is nothing to suggest that Jose has lost the confidence of majority of the squad.
When that happens, obviously manager gets thrown out

Paxi

There's nothing. He's probably treated like Martial last season, benched till he finds his form and start working again. Martial didn't leave and Pogba neither. If Pogba is professional enough he'll take this period as a means to fight even harder to reclaim as his place like Martial previously did. This's Mourinho way of managing his players, whatever we agree or disagree with it, tough love it's.
Well hopefully its nothing but at the same time it could be everything.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Oh nooo, Pogba might be on the bench, they hate each other, he is leaving, sack Jose, meltdown...End of the world, my God, Internet generation, know it all football Einsteins, f*****ng drama queens. :wenger:

Paxi

No. There is nothing to suggest that Jose has lost the confidence of majority of the squad.
When that happens, obviously manager gets thrown out
Yeah. I know. Im just saying if its a toss up between Jose and Pogba, in my opinion Pogba survives. Of course I could be wrong but we all know player power these days.

Sp00ks11

IF and its a big IF Mourinho has fallen out with Pogba I would rather Mourinho leaves to be honest. You only have to look at the league and see De Bruyne and Salah and to a degree Lukaku tearing it up to realise Mourinho is way to impatient with players with outstanding potential. Pogba is good enough to have the team built around him, you just know Pogba under Pep would be amazing.

Manny

Grammar Police
Looks like Jose is laying down the law. As long as he eventually brings him back to the fold and play him where he should.. It's all gravy.
Maybe this is just Jose needing a little a victory before he plays him in his correct position.

SteveW

This is not the type of game to be proving points to players. We need him tonight

Member 5225

Oh nooo, Pogba might be on the bench, they hate each other, he is leaving, sack Jose, meltdown...End of the world, my God, Internet generation, know it all football Einsteins, f*****ng drama queens. :wenger:
Yeah because football has always only been about 90mins on the pitch.
Was your head in sand when Beckham, Rooney, etc were in stands during SAF tenure?

What about when RVP and Ronaldo had their bust-up - was it all just 'crappy paper talk'.
Or Keane vs SAF / the rest of the squad.

Wow you come across as very very naive IMO.

drdoityourself

Of course the relationship can take a hit if he's benched in a CL knock out tie. He's a 90 million pound signing, this can obviously hit him hard.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah because football has always only been about 90mins on the pitch.
Was your head in sand when Beckham, Rooney, etc were in stands during SAF tenure?

What about when RVP and Ronaldo had their bust-up - was it all just 'crappy paper talk'.
Or Keane vs SAF / the rest of the squad.

Wow you come across as very very naive IMO.
RvN ;)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Maybe this is just Jose needing a little a victory before he plays him in his correct position.
Yup also helps keep face in front of the squad and retain an air of authority.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Really? Take our current United position in the league and literally inject into any other season (this season Man City have raised the bar beyond belief) - we would be there or thereabouts. Even that isn't good enough?!
We could easily finish out of the top 4, notice I said IF he delivers on the pitch

Minimalist

Severe overreaction to him (potentially) being dropped.

It's a Mourinho away match for a start (discipline/compactness > expression) and it's not like he's fecking known for 'big game' competitiveness.

Still, he'll probably come on and smack a couple of shots off the upright for some kudos.

haram

IF and its a big IF Mourinho has fallen out with Pogba I would rather Mourinho leaves to be honest. You only have to look at the league and see De Bruyne and Salah and to a degree Lukaku tearing it up to realise Mourinho is way to impatient with players with outstanding potential. Pogba is good enough to have the team built around him, you just know Pogba under Pep would be amazing.
For the record, Salah did not have outstanding potential.

Nickthepip

Take away the irrational fear that his omission might mean he’s going to leave/fall out with the manager and consider if his current form genuinely merits a place in the first XI.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

It's a Mourinho away match for a start (discipline/compactness > expression) and it's not like he's fecking known for 'big game' competitiveness.

Still, he'll probably come on and smack a couple of shots off the upright for some kudos.
Yeah Pogba has no experience playing in big matches in the CL KO stages.

Paxi

That would be pretty worrying. I mean we did sign him for 90 odd million. You'd expect him to start almost every game if he's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.