g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

Good decision. He needs to wisen up and Mourinho is sending him a message loud and clear.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As much as it's concerning, his performance against Newcastle was a disgrace.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots

Lampard gets it but our own fans don’t

Not the end of the world people...

ti vu

I love how this thread is always busy. I meant last season people complain about Pogba being undroppable citing him not doing as their expectation (he was still good). Now he has been bad form and gets dropped for the time being, all kind of reaction being pushed out

Trizy

Depressing having one of the best midfielders in the world on the bench and a lad who is championship level and only anywhere near the club because of our youth policy starting.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What’s all the fuss? He refused to defend in the spurs game and showed piss poor attitude in the Newcastle game. He’s throwing a fit and Mourinho is having none of it.

Donnie Brasco

There is no excuse for these kind of decisions anymore.

I think there is not one on this board that rate and support Jose more than me, but there is absolutely no excuse for this whole Pogba saga.
You don't buy the worlds most expensive player and don't let him do and play where he want's, I would rather all sell all of our players then loose Pogba again.
This is why we need a director of football to overrule decisions like this. That midfield we put out tonight is downright awful.

We can't keep operating like this, first with the Di Maria fiasco and now this.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Depressing having one of the best midfielders in the world on the bench and a lad who is championship level and only anywhere near the club because of our youth policy starting.
Except Pogba hasn't played like that in recent weeks and McTominay (in the matches I've seen anyway) does a job, if not a spectacular one.

IrishRedDevil

Man I dreamed about the days players like Di Mara and Pogba played for United, yet they seem to find a way to the bench.

AngliaRed

Strongly agree!

Its not asif mctominay has been good, he was crap against Huddersfield!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

I think there is not on this board that rate and support Jose more than me, but there is absolutely no excuse for this whole Pogba saga.
You don't buy the worlds most expensive player and don't let him do and play where he want's, I would rather all of our players then loose Pogba again.
This is why we need a director of football to overrule decisions like this. That midfield we put out tonight is downright awful.

That's something Moyes would do. He didn't know where to play Mata. So just stick him in there cause he's good and expensive.

el3mel

Lampard gets it but our own fans don’t

Not the end of the world people...
As I said this's Mourinho way to man manage his players. People can agree or disagree with it but that has always been his way. Several other players we had passed through this period already, Martial on top of them.

Nicklas

It’s not the end of the world. If anything, it’s Pogbas own fault and it feels great to have a brave enough manager again to make such a call in our most important game so far. Pogba will eventually learn from this.

Donnie Brasco

That's something Moyes would do. He didn't know where to play Mata. So just stick him in there cause he's good and expensive.
Pogba has been our best player and the player in our team with the highest ceiling, we can't afford losing him.
We can't restart our rebuild because if we lose Pogba in this market we are fecked.

deafepl

That's it, everyone asked for 4-3-3 because they thought that formation would get best out of Pogba, Mourinho provides it but all of sudden, he benched Pogba for Mctominay and everyone getting pissed off over this.

Mr PG

It's not a punishment. What don't people get...with Sanchez arrival, we need 2 holding midfielders especially in tough away games and Pogba isn't suddenly going to turn out defensively. He will play the return leg.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
On my phone so it migh've been mentioned without me seeing it.

But let's not conveniently forget Pogba was going to start against Huddersfield. Mourinho said he would play #8 left side in a midfield three in the press conference on forehand. But then on matchday Pogba was suddenly ill.

So he would've started against Huddersfield, then fell ill. Why would there be a conspiracy or why would Mourinho be trying to teach him a lesson? Much more likely that he's not been feeling or training 100%.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
As I said this's Mourinho way to man manage his players. People can agree or disagree with it but that has always been his way. Several other players we had passed through this period already, Martial on top of them.
Martial is still in limbo it seems.

Name Changed

weso26
It's not a punishment. What don't people get...with Sanchez arrival, we need 2 holding midfielders especially in tough away games and Pogba isn't suddenly going to turn out defensively. He will play the return leg.
2 maybe. But 3? No.

Hamadovich86

Anyone thinking that this isnt a sign of problems between manager and player is delusional. I reckon this is a test from Mourinho and Pogba will either step up to meet his expectations or he'll be sat on that bench more often than he thinks.

SaboTaj

I think there is not one on this board that rate and support Jose more than me, but there is absolutely no excuse for this whole Pogba saga.
You don't buy the worlds most expensive player and don't let him do and play where he want's, I would rather all sell all of our players then loose Pogba again.

A DOF doesn’t get to choose the starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.