Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

This is the same manager who benched a club legend Casillas. Nothing is impossible with Jose and no-one is afforded any special privileges.

Kag

Didn’t catch the Newcastle game?
It's a statistical fact (and we know you like them) that we win more matches with Pogba in the side, is it not?

Even avoiding stats, as I generally don't like them, we both know that playing Pogba in our first team makes us a better football team. I mean, that's more or less irrefutable?

Unless you let a couple of weeks change your mind.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Jaysus. Hard to read that as anything other than Pogba being punished for pulling a last-minute sickie.

To be honest, if he really did pull a sickie because he was butt-hurt about being dropped (which is a nagging doubt I’ve had since then) then I’m all on board with him being benched. If we end up with galacticos picking and choosing their fixtures we really are fecked.
Yup, definitely reads like Mourinho being pissed at him for not giving 100% to playing every game and him thinking he can pick and choose games he'll play in. Serves him right tbh. Mourinho wouldn't say the "by his own decision" part if he didn't pull out sick at the last minute.

Antonedwin

Reading out twitter ... the state of our fanbase is embarrassing. We are united fc not pogba fc , pogba hasn't play well to deserve a start either

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's a statistical fact (and we know you like them) that we win more matches with Pogba in the side, is it not?

Even avoiding stats, as I generally don't like them, we both know that playing Pogba in our first team makes us a better football team. I mean, that's more or less irrefutable?

Unless you let a couple of weeks change your mind.
I’m taking a recent shit performance - away from home - into account, for obvious reasons. Maybe Sevilla has someone as good as Jonjo Shelvey in their team?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anyone who’s ever pulled a sickie knows full well you have to pretend you’re “gutted” to be stuck at home watching Netflix.
Pogba seems the type of player who wants to play every game. I can't him pulling out of a match if he wasn't sick. There are issues with him, but he has always been a professional.

The manager on the other hand, loves drama and making an example out his star players. He created drama with Hazard recently.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So do we think it will all blow over? Jose and Pogba go back to being bff's again or you think this has the potential for civil war?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To be fair, if Pogba is making himself unavailable for matches, he needs to be punished.
I don't care how talented a player it, a coach is finished once he allows that kind of thing stand.

Kag

I’m taking a recent shit performance - away from home - into account, for obvious reasons. Maybe Sevilla has someone as good as Jonjo Shelvey in their team?
You're skirting this a little. You and I both know that we're a weaker team tonight with Pogba on the bench. Hopefully we don't need him in this instance, but long term we're going to.

AngliaRed

If anyone thinks Mctominay should start over a out of form pogba then sorry, you know nothing about football. Just remember how bad mctominay was last week!

Gopher Brown

There’s only going to be one winner here, and it’s not going to be Pogba.

Nor, in that case, is it going to be Man Utd. But to be honest, he doesn’t look bothered when he plays, and that was last season too. Strolling around the pitch. He’s not Ronaldo ffs, who often neglected his defensive duties but would score or produce something to win us the game. He needs to grow the feck up regardless of whether these stories are true.

Baxter

Reading out twitter ... the state of our fanbase is embarrassing. We are united fc not pogba fc , pogba hasn't play well to deserve a start either
Could go the other way, with some thinking it’s José FC. Pogba might be off it recently but there’s not a chance McTominay or Herrera have played any better. Seems like he’s making a point, and I’m not sure the away leg of a European Cup game is the place.

@Gopher Brown

I’d bet everything that Pogba outlasts Mourinho.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Pogba seems the type of player who wants to play every game. I can't him pulling out of a match if he wasn't sick. There are issues with him, but he has always been a professional.

The manager on the other hand, loves drama and making an example out his star players. He created drama with Hazard recently.
Yeah I have no idea how a player who achieved as much as Pogba has at a young age suddenly lacks "mentality".

twitter thread suggester
So do we think it will all blow over? Jose and Pogba go back to being bff's again or you think this has the potential for civil war?
They are both incredibly stubborn, so no, this will not end before one of them leave.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think a lot of will depend on how we play tonight, if we win and bring him back on the weekend then it's good again I reckon. If we play poorly and get beat then the drama goes up a level.

Antonedwin

That didn't work out for him.
And get rid of rooney. Pogba is nothing compared to the people he has benched before, other than costing us the most money & dancing in dressing room
Herrera has?
Guy is spanish , he knows sevilla better. Mou put him for tactical purpose & put mctominay instead of pogba to send a message. "See , if you didn't want to do what i am telling you , you are on the bench"

Don't tell me Fergie never did so. He did that all the time to one of our best player , no one slating him due to the amount of trophies he has won

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They are both incredibly stubborn, so no, this will not end before one of them leave.
Yeah Pogba also has Riola behind him.

I think a lot of will depend on how we play tonight, if we win and bring him back on the weekend then it's good again I reckon. If we play poorly and get beat then the drama goes up a level.
That's my thinking as well.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Pogba is anything but stubborn; he is a people's person that is friends with virtually everyone at the top of football. You'll be hard pressed to find someone that dislikes Pogba.

Mourinho on the other hand is a polarizing person; some believe he is an amazing personality and others believe he is an evil person.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why is it you think Pogba is stubborn? I'm not saying he isn't but I didn't think we had much evidence to go on at this stage?

Dinghy

Haven't read a lot of reactions yet, but I'm sure a lot of our "top" fans are already arguing why it makes sense to start Scott McTominay over Pogba in a game like this.

Devil may care

I just hope we feck Mourinho off befoire he costs us Pogba, I'd rather we built a team around Pogba than in the image of what Jose thinks football should be.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think I'm rather tellingly unmoved by his absence. As is I wouldn't have been at all surprised if Pogba had started and put in an underwhelming performance. That seems to be where head is at right now, which isn't a good vibe for a key player to be giving off.

Will McTominay be better tonight? Probably not. Something needs to jolt more out of Pogba though and maybe being benched will do just that.

Gee Male

His attitude has been wrong since day one of the return. About time he has been let know.

Time for him to start walking the walk on a consistent basis, and to stop going missing in the biggest games. Happy for him to sit out a few games until it hits home.

tomaldinho1

Resting him for a league thats already over and a top 4 that’s basically secured VS a tough champions league away knock out fixture???
yep - also allows Jose to play a more defensive team and not face criticism

Also is Herrera RW? Assume he will tuck in

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You're skirting this a little. You and I both know that we're a weaker team tonight with Pogba on the bench. Hopefully we don't need him in this instance, but long term we're going to.
We definitely need him long term. That’s true. I don’t know what the feck is going on with him but he’s obviously acting the bollox and definitely could be a liability tonight. He got dropped, played so bad in the next game it almost looked like sabotage, then pulled a last-minute sickie for the next game. This is not normal behaviour -and looks dodgy as feck. He clearly needs to sort his head out and we may not be able to risk playing him until that’s happened.

red4ever 79

Correct call to put him on the bench. He obviously has thrown his toys out of the pram, pulled a sickie and made a miracle recovery. Needs to buck up his attitude quickly

Data

His attitude has been wrong since day one of the return. About time he has been let know.

Time for him to start walking the walk on a consistent basis, and to stop going missing in the biggest games. Happy for him to sit out a few games until it hits home.
He is been deploy to play where he not his best suit. I don't understand why people are blaming him this hard. Blame him if he not pulling his weight in his natural position. Someone said it when Mourinho joined utd that will be a cancer to utd, well we have started to see the symptoms.

I hope he get it right, but am not holding my breath due to his history.

Last edited by a moderator:

redIndianDevil

Sanchez is our best player and it's clear from the games he has played for us. He gives us the creativity of Pogba with a far greater work rate and goal threat.
Both are completely different players. Even a world class winger won't be able to do anything with a shite midfield behind him

Status
Not open for further replies.