g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

Excellent debate on BT Sport with Ferdinand, Scholes and Lampard.

Ferdinand "I'd have been screaming at him, dragging him all over the pitch, some players no matter how good they are will always need to be told where to position themselves. He got told at Juve, he doesn't get told at United"

Lampard "It doesn't matter how good you are, in big tough away games, you can't afford to have a passenger. I'd be asking myself, why are all the balls being played behind me, what am I doing wrong?"

Great to hear the top top level former players tell it how it is. Clearly a gifted player Pogba but isn't disciplined to play in the biggest games yet.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fancy a couple of assists from him.

Castia

Gets a chance to play in his preferred 433 now tonight with McTominay and Matic able to cover midfield. No excuses here he should have a good game.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
When he struggled to get the basics right he should be dropped

Might give him the kick he needs to focus on his football

lsd

The Oracle
What odds on Jose taking Pogba off before final whistle?

NinjaFletch

Gets a chance to play in his preferred 433 now tonight with McTominay and Matic able to cover midfield. No excuses here he should have a good game.
I wouldn't worry. I'm sure there will be plenty of them still if he plays crap again.

Santos J

He's been on about 20 minutes and we've barely been in their half :lol:

Or do we expect a goal and assist every 10 minutes?

Gee Male

He's been on about 20 minutes and we've barely been in their half :lol:

Or do we expect a goal and assist every 10 minutes?
Are you happy with him not bothering to get involved?

He just doesn't seem to view football as a competitive sport.

dirkey

Very poor from him. Should come on with a point to prove. Strolling around, and early on he couldn't even control simple passes, nearly fell over the ball a couple of times. I looked for him towards the end of the half when Sevilla were breaking on us from our corner .Absolutely no sign of him busting a gut to get back. Says a lot for me. Needs to up it. So much talent, I don't see the determination in him I'd like to see.

Zoo

What the feck am I reading he is the only who looks comfortable going toe to toe with them. Alexis is too but runs down blind alleys most of the time.

Gee Male

Are the rest 'getting involved' more? He's had more touches than McTom for a start.
You mean the young lad who has clearly been given a role to close down Banega and sacrifice himself for the team? You think there's any chance Pogba sacrifices himself for the team, ever?

Your post would actually be along the lines of Pogba's thinking - look at his touches. It's a pity for him that being a good footballer involves making an effort without the ball too.

Pogba was dropped tonight, you'd think there would be a reaction. You'd think he'd be pissed off. He literally shows zero character on the football pitch.

High time for him to grow up - the younger generation of fans on here won't like to hear that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure what game few are watching, he is the only player who is capable of holding the ball and looks comfortable.

All others just play in long if there is any opposition player next to them.

Adarsh CU

Lampard being spot on there. Passenger this half, there were some moments where people were just running around him passing the ball. He needs to start showing up in games. This is not the same Pogba we saw at the start of the season.

ravi2

Very poor from him. Should come on with a point to prove. Strolling around, and early on he couldn't even control simple passes, nearly fell over the ball a couple of times. I looked for him towards the end of the half when Sevilla were breaking on us from our corner .Absolutely no sign of him busting a gut to get back. Says a lot for me. Needs to up it. So much talent, I don't see the determination in him I'd like to see.
Exactly, he is playing like he doesn't give a shit out there....Either that or he is injured.
Whatever it is, something isn't right with him recently

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
From the 30 odd minutes he's played tonight, Jose was justified in benching him. Herrera at least made that one excellent pass to Alexis, Pogba has been strolling around with purpose.

SirAF

Ageist
From the 30 odd minutes he's played tonight, Jose was justified in benching him. Herrera at least made that one excellent pass to Alexis, Pogba has been strolling around with purpose.
Yup, you would think he's got a point to prove!

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Excellent debate on BT Sport with Ferdinand, Scholes and Lampard.

Ferdinand "I'd have been screaming at him, dragging him all over the pitch, some players no matter how good they are will always need to be told where to position themselves. He got told at Juve, he doesn't get told at United"

Lampard "It doesn't matter how good you are, in big tough away games, you can't afford to have a passenger. I'd be asking myself, why are all the balls being played behind me, what am I doing wrong?"

Great to hear the top top level former players tell it how it is. Clearly a gifted player Pogba but isn't disciplined to play in the biggest games yet.
Rio is spot on.
If only we had a proper leader on the pitch.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We were better with Herrera.

As soon as Pogba got on, they were on a counter attack and Pogba was strolling back while Mata was the one tracking back. The Sevilla players past it around him because his pressing was half arsed. Sevilla players found pockets of space around Matic because Pogba went awol up the pitch.

ManUtd1999

Spot on. He didn’t showing any real effort in this half.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
90% of his passes were side short pointless passess to Sanchez.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Herrera managed 9 touches in 15 minutes. Pogba 30 in 30. Of those touches, one each contributed something genuinely impactful - Herrera's through ball to Sánchez which he couldn't control and Pogba's spin past two players on the centre circle, breaking through the midfield lines only for Mata to do his usual cutback to Lukaku, devoid of any creativity. It's the two players that were fed that aren't doing enough. Only Matic has made more passes, and while both of them have been pretty passive at least they're keeping the ball moving. No-one else seems capable of keeping it.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Herrera managed 9 touches in 15 minutes. Pogba 30 in 30. Of those touches, one each contributed something genuinely impactful - Herrera's through ball to Sáncez and Pogba's spin past two players on the centre circle, breaking through the midfield lines only for Mata to do his usual cutback to Lukaku, devoid of any creativity. Only Matic has made more passes, and while both of them have been pretty passive at least they're keeping the ball moving. No-one else seems capable of keeping it.
Number of touches doesn't tell the whole story though. Pogba likes to go back and collect the ball from the defense, and he keeps asking for the ball even from the others, but then doesn't do much with it. Needs to do better in second half. I really hope he scores a belter or provides a peach of an assist, for his confidence's sake.

DiceRoller

Finally, people starting to see him for what he is.
The rose-rinters in here took a while to realize.
Not world class and not going to be the catalyst for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.