Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

Scrutinised to the nth degree. Like Martial, Pogba's every move is likely to be microanalysed and subsequently exaggerated for and against.

Mourinho has created something that didn't need to be created.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mostly bad tonight but he visibly grew into the game over the last 10-15 minutes, which is promising ahead of Chelsea at the weekend.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Scrutinised to the nth degree. Like Martial, Pogba's every move is likely to be microanalysed and subsequently exaggerated for and against.

Mourinho has created something that didn't need to be created.
Yeah, Mourinho created something because Pogba was ill against Huddersfield and didn't start today.

Devil may care

He was ok, the only one of the midfield 3 that seemed to know which direction we were kicking in, but he does look somewhat demoralized.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
He wasnt good to start out but he got better by the end of the game. I hope he learns from all the criticism hes gotten.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Surprised with some of the comments here. Thought he was one of the few who did well. Not great but better than the rest.
The comments in here are more about how he looks and how people expect him to show emotion, than any useful analysis of his performance. He was quite clearly the best offensive player in the team, and became a lot more threatening when Sánchez and Mata came off. WhoScored give him a 7.2, which was actually the highest score of any of the offensive players on either side. Sánchez, Lukaku and Mata were voted the worst players on the team, and among the 5 worst on the pitch. I suspect he covered more ground than anyone else in his 75 minutes too. And created that chance Lukaku scored. But yeah, absolute dogshit.

Kag

Yeah, Mourinho created something because Pogba was ill against Huddersfield and didn't start today.
Criticising his form in public and dropping him the game after Spurs created a conversation that probably wasn't worth having.

All of the noise surrounding Pogba is really based on one awful team performance against Spurs that he has more or less carried the can for.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He grew into it a little by the end but that’s about all that can be said. Hopefully plays against Chelsea.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Criticising his form in public and dropping him the game after Spurs created a conversation that probably wasn't worth having.

All of the noise surrounding Pogba is really based on one awful team performance against Spurs that he has more or less carried the can for.
What was the criticism of his form in the public again?

Luke1995

There was one piece of play where he was marked by two men on the wing without any space but managed to put the ball between them and remain in the play anyway, amazing his ability in tight spaces.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Well that’s bollox. It’s his dreadful individual performance against Newcastle that really kicked off all the drama.

I thought he played quite well tonight, mind you. Sensible, mature performance in a big game. Good response from him. Same again on Sunday please.

Loublaze

ATLien
He grew into the game late in the second half. Hope we see the real Pogba against Chelsea.

dirkey

Last ten minutes he was OK, which seems to be changing people's opinion of how he was overall. What I saw, strolled around. Gave the ball away repeatedly. Turned into trouble on a few occasions when there was a simple ball on. Did try and carry the ball in midfield, but, unless he was just being completely and utterly lazy, he basically had a free role in midfield today (he certainly wasn't doing much defensively to suggest otherwise) so that's the least he can do. Even then, he gave the ball away quite regularly - had a simple ball to Sanchez out wide at one point who was 1:1 and he booted it hard out of play.

Also I'd like to see the ball in for the disallowed goal again, but he essentially managed to put it into the one and only place where Lukaku had no chance of actually controlling it. Behind him and high so that he had to take it with his arm.

I'm very surprised that people rate this overall performance as anything other than downright poor.

Kag

What was the criticism of his form in the public again?
Mourinho discussed Pogba's 'poor' form in a press conference the other day. He's also talked a lot about midfield positions, further fuelling the debate.

The whole situation is iffy, for me. Sanchez comes in, Pogba (having been our best outfield player all season) is dragged off, dropped in the Premier League and subsequently dropped in our biggest game of the season.

I think it's drama for drama's sake and it's just a bit boring. Shaw, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Pogba... It seems there's always a problem with talented players in the squad who could otherwise be on the pitch and doing well.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Pogba benched because sick, Caf: Sack Jose.
Pogba comes off the bench when sick ad struggles, Caf: Sack Jose, sell Pogba.

arthurka

He was good today and the only guy who tried constantly to move us forward from the back 7 Jose started with.

Anyway I still think he's our best outfield player. Large part of the problem in his performances lies mainly with Mourinho.
Oh just come of it man. . He was piss poor and gave zero shits about it. . He was dropped and rightly so.. Wouldnt start him vs Chelsea as they will run rings around our midfield with him playing like this .. Loosing Herrera with Pogba acting like this will really hurt us..

Kag

Well that’s bollox. It’s his dreadful individual performance against Newcastle that really kicked off all the drama.

I thought he played quite well tonight, mind you. Sensible, mature performance in a big game. Good response from him. Same again on Sunday please.
Come on. He was torn a new arsehole after the Spurs match. He was dropped the very next game. Pogba has had far worse games (last season, in particular) and been defended by the manager to the hilt. Now, something has changed and one of the most talented midfielders around isn't getting a start for us. It stinks.

I agree, he was alright when he came on.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Finally, people starting to see him for what he is.
The rose-rinters in here took a while to realize.
Took them a while,yes.
Not world class and not going to be the catalyst for success.
He is a very good player, and he can be sooo much better, one of the best, but that kid needs to stop being a spoiled little celebrity child, grow up grow a f***ng pair, and be and play as a man. 24 yrs old, and his biggest worry is his next colour and design of hair, he needs to have different shoes than rest of the team, silver backpack, because he is oh so different than the others, he is football player first and formost ffs. First you do the damn job on the pitch, and you can dress like Lady Gaga as far as I'm concern. Lazy little f**k, who thinks he is bigger than life, and we all should kiss the ground he walks on. He pisses me so much, I know limits of Valencia and Young for example, so I just roll my eyes, but when he does hollywood shot or pass, or not pass the ball to Martial or Lukaku, I go mental. It just has to be all about him.
I think I need beer, need to calm down, see Paul what you did to little old me?! Grow up, please will you.
Rant over. Good night.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He looked passive until Sanchez went off. Mourinho imo has not handled things in the right way. Pogba looks to have lost some confidence.

However, played much better with Martial and Rash.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Mourinho discussed Pogba's 'poor' form in a press conference the other day. He's also talked a lot about midfield positions, further fuelling the debate.

The whole situation is iffy, for me. Sanchez comes in, Pogba (having been our best outfield player all season) is dragged off, dropped in the Premier League and subsequently dropped in our biggest game of the season.

I think it's drama for drama's sake and it's just a bit boring. Shaw, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Pogba... It seems there's always a problem with talented players in the squad who could otherwise be on the pitch and doing well.
So basically you lapped up to the fake drama created by the media you mean? Pogba's performances will always be under a magnifying glass due to his superstar status, price tag, marketability and all that shit, whether we like it or not. Doubt either Pogba or Mourinho give a shit if some Redknapp or Custis try to analyse everything either of them does or says.

People love being paranoid as feck here though, not aiming this particularly at you, but we've had cases of 'why Martial doesn't smile', 'why doesn't Lukaku celebrate' and now 'Pogba's form has gone down ever since Sanchez joined'.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Herrera putting this type of performance would be called average, and people would say he needs a replacement. But apparently it's good enough for Pogba - best player we ever signed, best central midfielder in the world, future Ballon d'Or winner, etc.

drdoityourself

He's very languid, he doesn't sprint very often, just relies on his big steps. That's how he is, and there are many people here who can't stand it.
He's the only midfielder we've got who can break pressure and move forward with the ball. That's such a vital skill to possess especially in a tough away game. As we saw Dembele do against Juve.

He seemed lacking in form and confidence tonight but the last 15 minutes he showed what he can do. Hopefully he builds on that and retains his place in a midfield 3 against Chelsea.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was our best attacking player tonight without question and the only player who contributed anything significant in attack.

Brwned

Herrera putting this type of performance would be called average, and people would say he needs a replacement. But apparently it's good enough for Pogba - best player we ever signed, best central midfielder in the world, future Ballon d'Or winner, etc.
It's interesting that independent statistic sites rate him as being significantly above the average, and your interpretation is that bias is driving a perception that he was anything other than average. Is it possible that there is bias found on the other side of your argument? Worth considering that he competed 5 dribbles today, more than anyone on the pitch. I don't think Herrera's done that all season.

Sylar

Thought he looked better once we got pace into the team. (last 15 mins)
He links up well with martial imo.

Kag

So basically you lapped up to the fake drama created by the media you mean? Pogba's performances will always be under a magnifying glass due to his superstar status, price tag, marketability and all that shit, whether we like it or not. Doubt either Pogba or Mourinho give a shit if some Redknapp or Custis try to analyse everything either of them does or says.

People love being paranoid as feck here though, not aiming this particularly at you, but we've had cases of 'why Martial doesn't smile', 'why doesn't Lukaku celebrate' and now 'Pogba's form has gone down ever since Sanchez joined'.
It's more than media drama though, isn't it? Pogba's been dropped twice in three weeks - somewhat unfairly on the first occasion, I think.

I agree on the second paragraph. Body language experts are a killer.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's interesting that independent statistic sites rate him as being significantly above the average, and your interpretation is that bias is driving a perception that he was anything other than average. Is it possible that there is bias found on the other side of your argument? Worth considering that he competed 5 dribbles today, more than anyone on the pitch. I don't think Herrera's done that all season.
Matic, who I really like got 8.2 despite having really poor game, Valencia had absolutely terrible game and got 7.1, and to compare that with Lukaku who got 6.7. Pogba got 7.2. Do you think any of those ratings make any sense at all?

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's more than media drama though, isn't it? Pogba's been dropped twice in three weeks - somewhat unfairly on the first occasion, I think.

I agree on the second paragraph. Body language experts are a killer.
I think that with Mou, apart from literally one or two players, there's always been this rotation if out of form stuff, Lukaku being the glaring exception. Martial, Rashford (who was deemed to be Mou's darling), Fellaini (another one), all got the hook when the time came. Conversely, players who were supposed to be goners under him have gotten their chance, vide Shaw, Jones, Martial who was apparently hated by him, and so on, and so forth. Mou shouldn't be exempt from criticism, sure, but there's much ado over nothing for me.

What I believe in is that he's a good psychologist, won't work with everybody just like with Miki, but at the same time there're more positive cases here than the negative ones. He'd get behind Pogba most of the time, perhaps it's a time for a bit of shock therapy? No idea.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Was our best attacking player tonight without question and the only player who contributed anything significant in attack.
People keep on saying this while clearly ignoring what actually happened in the game. Sanchez was the one making things happen in attack; he put in a beauty of a cross for Lukaku who skied it, and was the one that ran behind the Sevilla defense for the pass by Herrera.

For some reason; Pogba is rated as having a 'good' performance because he does a fancy trick or makes a run that ends up in nothing happening. A bit like Martial, who does lots of tricks and dribbles but has inconsistent end product.

Sanchez has shown in every game he has played that he has the intelligence and quality to make things happen (even against Spurs he had a 15 minute period where he was troubling the Spurs defence).

You might see a problem here though, Pogba is a midfielder, not a forward. He should be the one controlling the midfield so the attackers can shine. He showed more energy and effort running forward than backwards which is a problem from a midfielder.

Javi

You might see a problem here though, Pogba is a midfielder, not a forward. He should be the one controlling the midfield so the attackers can shine. He showed more energy and effort running forward than backwards which is a problem from a midfielder.
Isn't not necessarily a problem, especially if it's a three man midfield with two rather defensive minded players beside him. I thought he was decent, not good, but decent. Only so much you can do if you're running down the midfield and only Lukaku is upfront. Was the only player who could beat Sevilla's midfield pressing which was good to see.

stepic

he was fine tonight. held the ball well on a couple of occasions, could have had an assist. if he really was ill on the weekend, which i have no reason to think is false, then he's likely still recovering.

Brwned

Matic, who I really like got 8.2 despite having really poor game, Valencia had absolutely terrible game and got 7.1, and to compare that with Lukaku who got 6.7. Pogba got 7.2. Do you think any of those ratings make any sense at all?
Do I think Pogba played better than Lukaku? Absolutely. But more to the point I'm open to the idea that my incredibly faulty memory and terrible attention span leads to me having a bit of a skewed perception on things, and independent statistics with transparent methodologies do offer some insight that I can't. Do you think something different?

Status
Not open for further replies.