Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Festive Sandvich

Don't understand the stick for him tonight. One of the only players who actually looked a cut above on the ball. Was strong on the ball, did some excellent turns out of trouble, and dribbled with purpose when he had the chance.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He had a decent last 15 minutes when Sevilla started to get tired but was MIA before that. He's guaranteed a start on Sunday because there's literally nobody else. If we are to keep this season going, we have to win Sunday and this guy needs to start contributing, I have zero faith in him now and am literally shocked when he does something positive in a game. Such an ongoing massive disappointment.

dirkey

he was fine tonight. held the ball well on a couple of occasions, could have had an assist. if he really was ill on the weekend, which i have no reason to think is false, then he's likely still recovering.
Could have had an assist? For the pass he played to Lukaku that he managed to put in the 1 position where Lukaku literally couldn't control the ball without using his hand? Incredible.

Could also have given away a penalty. Haven't seen many mentions of that. I think it was a penalty. Yes, there wasn't a lot of contact, and the lad made a meal of it, but Pogba lashed out with his foot, with no attempt to play the ball. Outside the box, a free is given for that every time. Should be the same in the box.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fairly mundane performance. Certainly didn't come across like a player who was hellbent on regaining his starting place.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
He was good ffs. Lukaku let him down badly so often.

Utdstar01

He had a decent last 15 minutes when Sevilla started to get tired but was MIA before that. He's guaranteed a start on Sunday because there's literally nobody else. If we are to keep this season going, we have to win Sunday and this guy needs to start contributing, I have zero faith in him now and am literally shocked when he does something positive in a game. Such an ongoing massive disappointment.
Well this is a bit OTT.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Isn't not necessarily a problem, especially if it's a three man midfield with two rather defensive minded players beside him. I thought he was decent, not good, but decent. Only so much you can do if you're running down the midfield and only Lukaku is upfront. Was the only player who could beat Sevilla's midfield pressing which was good to see.
Our best period of the season was with Matic as DM and Pogba as a box to box midfielder. We also had that period where we played 3 at the back and Pogba played the same role.

The on pitch performances say that 4-3-3 doesn't work. For every good game like Everton away we have a poor game like Stoke away.

4-2-3-1 at least works against smaller teams, we work in a predictable way and get points. 4-3-3 is a coin toss on whether we will play like prime Barcelona or a relegation team.

Javi

Not this midfield 3 shite again. Our best period of the season was with Matic as DM and Pogba as a box to box midfielder. We also had that period where we played 3 at the back and Pogba played the same role.

The on pitch performances say that 4-3-3 doesn't work. For every good game like Everton away we have a poor game like Stoke away.

4-2-3-1 at least works against smaller teams, we work in a predictable way and get points. 4-3-3 is a coin toss on whether we will completely outplay a team or get outplayed ourselves.
Relax man, I was talking about the game today and not generally about the formation. I thought you were too.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looked half arsed to me and then once Sanchez went off.. Pog Boom was back. Something isn't right in the camp.

Bobski

Looked half arsed to me and then once Sanchez went off.. Pog Boom was back. Something isn't right in the camp.
Yes, mentioned that myself. Strolled all game then Sanchez comes off and he finally starts to play with some urgency and desire, making hard runs, looking hungry for the ball. Very worrying.

Canagel

Jose was happy with his effort and said that Pogba replaced the job Herrera was given in the game plan and excuted it well. Not sure how anyone can criticize his effort if our manager was happy with his performance. He only started having a bigger effect offensively once Sanchez went off which is strange but it could also be a case of Sevilla getting tired. I liked his linkup with Martial and them two along with Shaw should play on that side and Sanchez should be switched to the right or through the middle because it isn't working between him and Pogba so far.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Relax man, I was talking about the game today and not generally about the formation. I thought you were too.
Well, when speaking about this game. There was not much encouragement for a midfield 3. Our best chances were created by Herrerra and Sanchez. Pogba did some tricks and dribbles but we did not create anything from him. Even Mctominay had a shot on target which Pogba couldn't do (not for a lack of opportunity because he did take a shot and it went sky high).

It feels like Pogba is either really off form (which is most likely) or he is not motivated (least likely). Pogba earlier on the season would play much better in a midfield 3 because he was playing at a higher intensity and concentration. He is a special player that can dominate any midfield when he is on his game, it's just he hasn't been on his game for a while.

Jib

Well, when speaking about this game. There was not much encouragement for a midfield 3. Our best chances were created by Herrerra and Sanchez. Pogba did some tricks and dribbles but we did not create anything from him. Even Mctominay had a shot on target which Pogba couldn't do (not for a lack of opportunity because he did take a shot and it went sky high).

It feels like Pogba is either really off form (which is most likely) or he is not motivated (least likely). Pogba earlier on the season would play much better in a midfield 3 because he was playing at a higher intensity and concentration. He is a special player that can dominate any midfield when he is on his game, it's just he hasn't been on his game for a while.
Our best chances were created by Pogba for Lukaku and Rashford...

pascell

Please don't tell me you're using that as proof that we don't need Pogba.
Not what my point was at all. My point was that we can still win games without Pogba. He has the potential to be world class but he needs to add more to his defensive game, especially his effort in getting back.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Our best chances were created by Pogba for Lukaku and Rashford...
Sanchez' pass to Lukaku was basically a 1v1 that fell right onto his foot. Pogba's pass to Lukaku was at an awkward height (and wasn't a chance because Lukaku had to use his arm to control it because of the height) and Rashford's was quite a difficult chance to convert because he had to take it very quickly due to Sevilla players being close to him.

I would not blame Lukaku or Rashford for not scoring from Pogba's passes. I, would however blame Lukaku for not scoring from Sanchez' pass because it was on a plate.

Frank Grimes

Did he make any defensive mistakes off one of their corners?
Laughing and joking with an opposition player is not a good look imo, not once but twice, in both halves. It's a CL knockout game not some friendly.

There's more problems than Pogba's focus at the moment but I found that very odd and concerning.

tavtavtav

Has the amazing ability to get slated for both not keeping it simple and disciplined, as well as not doing/creating enough or imposing himself on the game at the same time.

cyberman

I can't wait to read how this no name journalist is actually really credible despite having zero major transfer exclusives to his name.
His story confirms a depressing narrative so it must be true.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Oh how I’d love to turn back time and go back to the Spurs game, not conceded within 11 seconds and go again from there.

Constant negativity is so draining but Jose and the players aren’t giving us anything else at the moment.

el3mel

I don't know if this article is BS or not, but won't be surprise if Raiola is starting to do his dirty work as usual. He's a major problem and we have to deal with it.

el3mel

Oh how I’d love to turn back time and go back to the Spurs game, not conceded within 11 seconds and go again from there.

Constant negativity is so draining but Jose and the players aren’t giving us anything else at the moment.
Don't know what happened since that shite game. Suddenly everything have went terrible. Mourinho, Pogba and rest of players, we are at our worst period at the moment.

BluesJr

I don't know if this article is BS or not, but won't be surprise if Raiola is starting to do his dirty work as usual. He's a major problem and we have to deal with it.
It could have been dealt with by having a plan and vision as to how we wanted Pogba to play in the first place.

That said, Pogba I think is possibly showing a lot of immaturity in this situation if he is messing about. There’s no excuse for a bad attitude and lack of work.

BluesJr

Don't know what happened since that shite game. Suddenly everything have went terrible. Mourinho, Pogba and rest of players, we are at our worst period at the moment.
I think we were going into that game with a lot of confidence, we had built some momentum and it was Sanchez PL debut, we concede within 11 seconds and get battered.

It maybe just convinced the players they can’t compete with their rivals the way things are with the tactics/set up.

el3mel

It could have been dealt with by having a plan and vision as to how we wanted Pogba to play in the first place.

That said, Pogba I think is possibly showing a lot of immaturity in this situation if he is messing about. There’s no excuse for a bad attitude and lack of work.
I have blamed Mourinho ho previously for playing him with Matic only behind him, but I can't feel but the majority of blame is on Pogba really. Something is wrong with him, his attitude and work rate have taken a sudden turn to the worst, and he doesn't look interested to play at all. Problem is if Raiola gets annoyed and started to do his dirty tricks as usual, we're up there for a very long time.

Mourinho and Pogba need to sort this crap. We're in a crucial moment of the season. All the work previously done can fail completely after the next 4 games.

BluesJr

I have blamed Mourinho ho previously for playing him with Matic only behind him, but I can't feel but the majority of blame is on Pogba really. Something is wrong with him, his attitude and work rate have taken a sudden turn to the worst, and he doesn't look interested to play at all. Problem is if Raiola gets annoyed and started to do his dirty tricks as usual, we're up there for a very long time.

Mourinho and Pogba need to sort this crap. We're in a crucial moment of the season. All the work previously done can fail completely after the next 4 games.
It does really baffle me how often human beings in jobs worth millions of pounds with so much at stake can’t get their shit together and sort it out in situations like this.

Rifts between players/managers etc I think is pretty pathetic. You are professionals not children deal with it and move on.

Data

Sell Pogba to the highest bidder then restructure the midfield with Hamsik and Savic,job done!
And you trust Mou to make the right decision ? I really dont get well ppl are not looking at the source of this issue

diplomat

Can I share the post-match press conference here? Mourinho talked extensively about Herrera and his job on the field today, and also basically said Pogba was meant to be doing the same job and "tried to bring the same qualities" and did a "big effort". Also pointed out that with Herrera in the midfield and pressing high up the pitch, Banega was getting no space at all.

Giggs86

If he really was sick that explains him being a bit heavy on the ball and getting gassed faster than usual. If he wasn't sick, then that's a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.