Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

He has habit of missing our most important games. It's getting annoying. When will we ever see Pogba not making headlines for the wrong reasons?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Liverpool fans seem to be gutted at the news he’s out. They really do underrate him. Would love him to actually play and tear them a new one.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not sure what to read into this if he's out for yet another big game. Genuine injury? Dropped by Jose? Pogba knows his stock will plummet further if he has another bad game, and didn't fancy it?

I posted yesterday that I think he'll be our undoing against Liverpool because they play in a way that will expose all his weaknesses, so perhaps Jose and/or Pogba know this and took one of the above courses of action. I just find it strange how something crops up every time we have a game like this coming up.

Hopefully he plays and I'm just talking bollocks. But it's such a big coincidence now at this stage.

Gee Male

Just another disappointment added to his return to United. I wouldn't feel so let down if I didn't think there is a player in there, it's just so frustrating.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Not a big loss at this at this point if we're being honest. In a game like this in the form he's in, he might be great but he might be invisible. Someone like Fellaini is probably more reliable. It severely limits our attacking potential but makes it much more difficult for Liverpool's attacking game.

cyberman

I'm counting 8 out of the last 18 games against the top 6 that he's missed?

Shark

@NotShark
Let’s be honest, Pogba’s time here has been a disappointment so far, and I can only hope that the situation doesn’t continue down the slope to the point of no return. Jose has a big job on his hands to sort this out too, obviously. Pretty baffling how all of our marquee signings over the last few seasons are turning out this below par, when they’ve proven to be big, top class players at other clubs. Mata I would actually consider the only slight success considering his productivity. Sanchez is obviously still early days, but he hasn’t started well at all.

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Just to try and put a positive spin on it, the guy hasn't exactly been pulling up tress for some time now. And while i must confess that if i had the choice i would always pick him, his absence could actually benefit us in terms of our defence solidity. He's not exactly the most disciplined of midfielders which could really harm us in a game like this.

Although, saying all that, we haven't exactly got an abundance of cover. But, yeah, maybe it will work out for us due to the aforementioned discipline it could bring to our midfield...:nervous:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Will miss him out of lack of options rather more than anything else. If Fellaini or Herrera are fit I couldn't give two fecks.

Carl S Bridge

Not listed alongside the others as unavailable for match today on sky sports... Where is reporting that he is ruled out?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'd be okay if Herrera was fit but that leaves us with McTominay, Matic and Fellaini?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'd be okay if Herrera was fit but that leaves us with McTominay, Matic and Fellaini?
Herrera has been awful when partnered with Matic. I'd rather McTominay or Fellaini.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Liverpool fans seem to be gutted at the news he’s out. They really do underrate him. Would love him to actually play and tear them a new one.
Bit ambitious considering he's been shite for a lot of this season and chronically underpeforms in the big games too.

LordSpud

I seriously think Jose doesn't trust him. I think the Sanchez acquisition actually put a dampener on the squad. I think behind the scenes he's not happy that Alexis has come in on a bigger wage - also on a separate note Martial lost his place on the left.

Think he will be gone in the summer to be honest :/

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Bit ambitious considering he's been shite for a lot of this season and chronically underpeforms in the big games too.
Not really seeing that. He's inconsistent in big games...just like his regular form.

Was good at the Emirates, and decent against Chelsea. Against Spurs he was horrible. Last season he was good against Chelsea and Arsenal at OT, but poor in the other games.

Pogba has missed a lot of big games for us in the last 2 years.

Canagel

If he doesn't play today then he doesn't play against Sevilla IMO. We know Mourinho doesn't like it when players don't play through the pain and just like last time I'm worried he's going to be punished by not playing the Sevilla game.

Full bodied red

Have to agree with everyone who reckons it won't be a big loss if he doesn't play.

The Scousers game plan would be to press, press, press, and then press him some more, and we all know what happens to Pogba when teams do this - he usually just gives up, frustrated, arms waving, doesn't bother tracking back, etc, etc.

On the other hand, the way to beat these ' press them high ' teams is just to go over the top of their MF with quick 30 yard passes into space for our forwards to run on to and without Pogba I don't know if we have anyone who'll be able to do this. Carrick could, I suppose, but he'll likely be just as vulnerable to any ' high press ' as well as he's slowed down these days.

I guess this is why JM ges his £10 million per year to figure out the best solutions....

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not really seeing that. He's inconsistent in big games...just like his regular form.

Was good at the Emirates, and decent against Chelsea. Against Spurs he was horrible. Last season he was good against Chelsea and Arsenal at OT, but poor in the other games.

Pogba has missed a lot of big games for us in the last 2 years.
I found him shite against City in that first fixture last season if I remember the game properly. He actually wasn't great against Arsenal, thay 3-1 victory seriously flattered us and our midfield were getting trounced.

He was shite against Spurs and I know they aren't big games but also shite in other matches this season. He's no where close to being the player we expect right now and I honestly don't think we'd have missed him today. He was getting bullied against Palace and missing all sorts of passes and 50:50s.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought Pogba was brilliant against Arsenal, easily his best big game performance for Utd. Up until the silly red card anyway.

I also thought he was good against Chelsea at home last season.

That's about it so far in the games against the top 6.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I found him shite against City in that first fixture if I remember the game properly. He actually wasn't great against Arsenal, thay 3-1 victory seriously flattered us and our midfield were getting trounced.

He was shite against Spurs and I know they aren't big games but also shite in other matches this season. He's no where close to being the player we expect right now and I honestly don't think we'd have missed him today.
Yes he was crap against City last season at OT.

If you look at the games he's played this season:

Arsenal: good
Chelsea: average
Spurs: poor

Last season:

City: poor
Liverpool: average
Liverpool: poor
Chelsea: good

So basically he has a good game every once in a while against top teams.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@Niall this is a perfect example of what I was saying the other day. News of a key injury lost in a player performance thread rather than being a new thread in the United forum.

Down with megathreads!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes he was crap against City last season at OT.

If you look at the games he's played this season:

Arsenal: good
Chelsea: average
Spurs: poor

Last season:

City: poor
Liverpool: average
Liverpool: poor
Chelsea: good

So basically he has a good game every once in a while against top teams.
Makes sense.. If he was consistently dominating the smaller games it wouldn't be an issue. But his consistency in your post can be extrapolated to any team, which is my major concern.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I thought Pogba was brilliant against Arsenal, easily his best big game performance for Utd. Up until the silly red card anyway.
Yep, he was excellent that game. He is shit in last few weeks, or since Sanchez came, but he had a very good season before that. Don't know reasons why that's the case, just noticed that people lately have a tendency to mark his whole season as an awful one.

Moonred

You can’t play if you are injured. Stop speculating bollocks. It’s fecking annoying as it is when your best players don’t play in a big match due to last minute injuries. It adds up to the frustration when you have a bunch making up cringy conspiracies to doubt a player based on their own assumptions. Go rant on Twitter.

Name Changed

weso26
I seriously think Jose doesn't trust him. I think the Sanchez acquisition actually put a dampener on the squad. I think behind the scenes he's not happy that Alexis has come in on a bigger wage - also on a separate note Martial lost his place on the left.

Think he will be gone in the summer to be honest :/
Personally I'd rather we keep our best young players like Pogba & Martial rather than keep Jose.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Been saying it from a long time - he just does not follow the 24/7 medical instructions for fitness and this is what happens with his body
Isn’t the reported injury done sort of ‘gash’?

Now I’m no medical professional, but to pick up a gash in training, presumably would require some sort of contact with another player, as opposed to not following advice re fitness.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wish he'd stop missing big games, he's fairly injury prone which is starting to get slightly concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.