Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasfene

Just watched the highlights again , which indeed proving what damien duff said about him. He is daydreaming , can't smells danger , he was the closest one to Seville assist man & only ball watching , didn't check behind his shoulder. If he could sniff out danger he would get closer ready to challenge the player. He is such a huge liability when we have to defend , first Sevilla goal was his fault
Would have won if manutd had stuck with fellini or herrera?

Jngun

Would have won if manutd had stuck with fellini or herrera?
Pogba defensive contribution is non-existent , and with his current form his attacking contribution is also non-existent , so what's the point of having him on the pitch ? Fellaini wasn't good but he wasn't bad either , we were 0-0 when he got subbed off , replaced by pogba who have zero awareness of his surroundings & sevilla scored. Honestly we started well in first leg before Herrera down injured , i believe we are now in QF if he was fit. We were all mad with Rooney for being paid 300k but at least he was trying despite his legs has gone , was our club legend who contribute lots of trophies, pogba is over 250k p/w , having more hair cut & hype on social media than goals and good performance. If he dislike playing for Mourinho or with Sanchez , at least play for the badge , the fans & the wage he gets weekly. 89m down the drain

Last edited:

Tosicsleftpeg

To be perfectly honest, I feel even this aspect of his game is overrated. I feel he is very skillfull in tight situations and doing nice turns on the sixpence but I don't particularly rate him as a great running dribbler who is somewhat "unstoppable". At least not the way he is spoken about. You'd have thought he was prime Yaya or doing it like this frequently;

I think it's a bit unfair comparing him with kaka one if the greatest ball carriers I've ever seen, but yeah he can carry the ball well and dribble but he's clearly not happy at the moment. Look back to his debut against Southampton when he was fresh as a daisy and full of beans he was tearing them apart.

Just watched the highlights again , which indeed proving what damien duff said about him. He is daydreaming , can't smells danger , he was the closest one to Seville assist man & only ball watching , didn't check behind his shoulder. If he could sniff out danger he would get closer ready to challenge the player. He is such a huge liability when we have to defend , first Sevilla goal was his fault
Hmmmm... I thought Valencia gave the ball away in an area that I as a coach would be absolutely fuming about.

Oldyella

I think it's a bit unfair comparing him with kaka one if the greatest ball carriers I've ever seen, but yeah he can carry the ball well and dribble but he's clearly not happy at the moment. Look back to his debut against Southampton when he was fresh as a daisy and full of beans he was tearing them apart.
You could say the same for most of our players atm though, no one looks particularly happy.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
People forget that before his injury he was absolutely fantastic and was heading towards bring our outfield player of the season.

Stacks

I know, I know. I am just being OTT as Kaka is the last guy to win Balon D'or not Ronaldo or Messi :smirk:. although some have used the word "unstoppable" in this thread, on many occasions. The Southampton game? can't take anything away from him there. Still probably his best game for us in my book. But then every good player has had a game like this, where everything goes well. Will be interesting to see how he does for France in the world cup. We need the big fella shining

Djemba-Djemba

So that's another game he's been benched in. And rightly so too.

It's incredible how bad his last couple of months have gone. From playing every game and being handed the captains armband to regularly being dropped.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
People forget that before his injury he was absolutely fantastic and was heading towards bring our outfield player of the season.
He's shown glimpses and wasn't doing it in every game. The injury thing is just a correlated event that people want to align with causation.

Last year it was the "he's burned out from having no pre-season" drama.

AngliaRed

Before Arsenal away he was our best outfield player. Yes he’s been shite, yes he’s out of form, yes he has been rightfully dropped, but games like tonight at OT he should be starting.

Martin(6)Buchan

Why start players when you are out of form for once Mourinho has or forced to drop those that should be dropped for a change, no matter who they are or think they are. Maybe if he had dropped some players in the CL tie we might have still been in it.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Before Arsenal away he was our best outfield player. Yes he’s been shite, yes he’s out of form, yes he has been rightfully dropped, but games like tonight at OT he should be starting.
No he shouldn't. He's lucky to make the bench after Tuesday.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rightly dropped but he was in good form before it all went to shit against Spurs. Pogba takes most of the blame but the way Jose has handled all this has been poor IMO. Turned one bad performance into headline news and the player losing all his confidence. I think tonights game would have been good to ease him back in, but hey, what I do know

AngliaRed

Rightly dropped but he was in good form before it all went to shit against Spurs. Pogba takes most of the blame but the way Jose has handled all this has been poor IMO. Turned one bad performance into headline news and the player losing all his confidence. I think tonights game would have been good to ease him back in, but hey, what I do know

Agree

Red_toad

Caf is brutal on certain players. I don't think many appreciate how bad his injury was and he's probably still recovering full fitness. I agree he was very good prior to his injury and should be given some given some leeway. I don't understand how some fans love to see our better players not performing, they just seem to live to moan.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Caf is brutal on certain players. I don't think many appreciate how bad his injury was and he's probably still recovering full fitness. I agree he was very good prior to his injury and should be given some given some leeway. I don't understand how some fans love to see our better players not performing, they just seem to live to moan.
I know mate, it’s all very disappointing.

I remember reading back when Pogba first got injured that the injuries were being caused by his running style or something. He hasn’t been the same all action Pogba since returning, maybe it’s part of his rehabilitation and we won’t see him fully fit until next season?

AngliaRed

Corrr, careful mate, the Pogba out bunch won’t like this!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The trouble with modern football is that when high profile players are treated as any other player is when their form drops, it’s the end of the world, the relationship with the manager has broken down and one of them will be gone in the summer.

engulfing

He shouldn't play until he is fit. In fact we should send him to play in the reserves. That will also serve as punishment for the disgraceful performances he has displayed.

AndyJ1985

He shouldn't play until he is fit. In fact we should send him to play in the reserves. That will also serve as punishment for the disgraceful performances he has displayed.
He doesn't strike me as being mature enough to handle being punished.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s a lovely sentiment but do you think this approach would be a successful one these days?

In fact, even Fergie never did that.

engulfing

It's important to send a signal that the club doesn't feck around and that we will schweinsteiger him if need be. 3 seasons without football will destroy him, united can easily write off his wages and transfer rights.

Denis79

On the contrary, I want him to be even better than his promise. I've said it before, I have no problems with players having bad games or even bad months as long as they try and fight through it. If you look through my posting history Pogba is one of the few players I've ever criticized. I criticized him not because he's having a bad patch of form or because of some bad passing but because it was evident he was sulking and not giving 100% in some protest against the manager and he chose to do this in the most important game of the season. Simply unacceptable and unprofessional behaviour that has no place at a club like ours. He was bought for a world record fee at the time and is likely in the top 20 list of players with the highest wages in the world yet he throws tantrums like 4 year olds. He needs to grow up and show some professionalism. As long as he gives 100% I'll stay happy and give him time to find his form but the childish shit has to stop. He has so much talent that he's throwing away.

izec

It's important to send a signal that the club doesn't feck around and that we will schweinsteiger him if need be. 3 seasons without football will destroy him, united can easily write off his wages and transfer rights.
Nah, we would sell him. 100m is a lot of money to be wasted, even for us

JoaquinJoaquin

Should of started last night. Not going to be much better opportunities in the run in than last night to build his confidence. Obviously his issues with Jose are very real and serious.

JoaquinJoaquin

Would like to see him in Lingard's position, being the link for the midfield and attack with McTominay and Nemanja covering.
For me, that's the only way Pogba is going to succeed here is playing in that position. He simply doesn't work long term in a midfield 2.

engulfing

Nah, we would sell him. 100m is a lot of money to be wasted, even for us
Actually 145 including his salary till the end of his contract but we can afford it. And we should to show our power. We could freeze him out for 2 seasons and sell him in the last if we really wanted the money but we don't need the cash.

The point is the club has been too nice and supportive for too many mediocre players. If they don't perform we should savage them in the press and exile them into obscurity.

SpyLuke10

His form turned to shit the moment we signed Sanchez.

"Oh, Surprise Surprise!"

I would release the player if I could, genuinely don't see him (Alexis) getting much better for United, at least, not with the current manager.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His form turned to shit the moment we signed Sanchez.

"Oh, Surprise Surprise!"

I would release the player if I could, genuinely don't see him (Alexis) getting much better for United, at least, not with the current manager.
He was playing shite before Sanchez.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He didn't play and rightly so. Either he is sulking or he is so disillusionized by Mourinho's comments that his form has completely shattered, in either case it's not looking good for his future at this club, at least under Mourinho.

dirkey

Should of started last night. Not going to be much better opportunities in the run in than last night to build his confidence. Obviously his issues with Jose are very real and serious.
Nope. Definitely the right decision to bench him. Can't play him to let him get his confidence after he decides against trying the last time out.

engulfing

Nonsense, he isn't ready to play and based on his performances frankly shouldn't even be on the bench. He has disgraced the club and the best thing to do is to banish him to the reserves to get his game together. I hope he gets booed the next time he comes on.

BigCaine

Would like to see him in Lingard's position, being the link for the midfield and attack with McTominay and Nemanja covering.
He isn't a no 10. His biggest strength is his ability to dribble from the midfield and get into the attacking 3rd. If we ask him to play in lingard's position he will play 10 yards or so ahead of where he plays right now thus taking away his ability to beat the man and create that momentary space to play a good ball through.

Status
Not open for further replies.