Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

He is a class player but he is not a leader which will always be my complain. Too much ball hogging, too much showboating. He must do more for his talent.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Much better today because he played like another cog. No hero bullshit and instantly he becomes much better
This! Pogba when he keeps things simple is a fantastic player, quick and incisive passing is what he is best at, not taking loads of touches, doing flicks and fients in the middle of the park.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Much better today because he played like another cog. No hero bullshit and instantly he becomes much better
Yup. Kept it simple and played like a midfielder and not to make little highlights like he usually does. Much better when he does that. A bit too many hollywood pass attempts, but plenty of them came off so it's fine. More of that please.

But also... this is nothing new for him. He does this when we have an easy game. It's on him to show he can do this when the opponent actually turns up.

Silas

Very good performance all round. Only thing that seemed off was his long-passing. Still created some good chances and could have had two assists.
He is a class player but he is not a leader which will always be my complain. Too much ball hogging, too much showboating. He must do more for his talent.
He barely ever does either of those things these days.

AshRK

Very good performance all round. Only thing that seemed off was his long-passing. Still created some good chances and could have had two assists.

He barely ever does either of those things these days.
He was not bad, but there were moments where he kept hold of the ball for a long time when he could have passed it forward.

AngliaRed

He was not bad, but there were moments where he kept hold of the ball for a long time when he could have passed it forward.
Thats because he’s shielding the ball or keeping possession waiting for a player to run off there marker.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yup. Kept it simple and played like a midfielder and not to make little highlights like he usually does. Much better when he does that. A bit too many hollywood pass attempts, but plenty of them came off so it's fine. More of that please.

But also... this is nothing new for him. He does this when we have an easy game. It's on him to show he can do this when the opponent actually turns up.
True but this could be a step in the right direction. Easy games are good to build that confidence. He played the same way for France too so hopefully this is a new trend. Slowly when he does the simple things consistently then he'll grow as a player and will show that brilliance when needed.
Hopefully this is a step in the right direction

Bobski

One of the reasons the attack functioned so well in the first half was Pogba's efficiency, moved it quickly to the attackers feet, was not trying too much, as he is prone to.

Canagel

His long passing was off because players aren't making runs off the ball. Other times he has to hold onto it longer than necessary because there aren't many options ahead so he was to wait. At this level things have to be more instinctive. Could've had two assists but he kept it simple today and had a solid game.

marlowe78

I didn't think he was as good as other posters are saying but when you think about, he is hurt by the lack of options he gets. There are long-range balls he plays to the wings where he expects the FB to make a run but the FB doesn't and the ball goes out. There was even a pass he made today where the commentator said it was aimed for Sanchez but it looked more suited to Young had he actually gone forward.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Really good solid performance today. 7/10. Can perform much better but movement stopped in the second half. Some sublime stuff as well as doing his job well.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Surely asked to keep it simple and did really well. Will gain his confidence back and thats what we need. Strong on the ball and no needless dribbles thru the middle. His potential is higher but first lets play him deeper and try to instill some defensive responsibilities and when we get other midfielder or some strong defense, we can unleash him and play him more attackingly. Proffessional performance from him

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Really good solid performance today. 7/10. Can perform much better but movement stopped in the second half. Some sublime stuff as well as doing his job well.
Personally think you do him a disservice saying this was a solid performance from him. Hes a far better player than he showed today. He also was a little slack in his intensity to win the ball back in midfield which would cost us against a better side.
Overall I thought he played ok.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Tbh this isn't the sort of game that truly tests both Pogba and Mourinho in terms of how he uses him. Both got a free ride today against very powderpuff opponents. Let's see where Pogba fits in against City or in the FA cup encounters.

Devil may care

Good first half and even though Swansea got tighter on him in the second half he competed well and dug in.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
First acceptable 7/10 performance for a long time. A first step towards some sort of redemption but this was only Swansea.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Am I being harsh or is that really not that difficult a chance to convert? I appreciate he is turning on the volley but he's in the 6 yard box...
That's just Juan Mata, he could have controlled the ball and scored a tap-in vs Liverpool to make it 3-0 but he went for an overhead kick.

Same can be said for this situation.

haram

That's just Juan Mata, he could have controlled the ball and scored a tap-in vs Liverpool to make it 3-0 but he went for an overhead kick.

Same can be said for this situation.
3-0 up against Liverpool would have been glorious :drool:

Litch

So, are you suggesting there is no issue with Pogba's attitude and the criticism is only there because of this inherent racism?

Or are you suggesting the inherent racism is blaming his poor attitude on his lifestyle?

As far as I can see, he gets criticised for a poor attitude because he's an immature man child with an inflated opinion of his game and a terrible attitude.
Never made any comments about his attitude as I have no idea what that actually means anymore than anyone else as it's not a fact, it's a preception. I have the same few about his lifestyle as you have no idea what that is either unless you are part of it....its amazing as the last time I looked, someone decided his inflated opinion was worth 90m? I'm pretty sure Utd weren't the only ones....

Eddy_JukeZ

Am I being harsh or is that really not that difficult a chance to convert? I appreciate he is turning on the volley but he's in the 6 yard box...
A player of his quality, I thought he should have buried it. At least hit the target.

Litch

Brandishing wealth and music videos was in relation to Memphis...when Memphis was playing for the reserves, he went against club advice and came to the reserve game in his rolls royce. Januzaj and Periera were also reported to have attitude problems when they were in the reserves, they would showboat by trying to score from as many corners as possible.

Pogba is far more active than most footballers when it comes to off the pitch stuff. He is almost always doing some sort of promo or ad campaign. That has nothing to do with his race and everything to do with his performance. He is as active as Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi while being a fraction of the player.
The issue was more about their ages and maturity which is applicable in many ways to lads of their age making poor choices.
I know you are trying to make a point but I'm sure you aren't aware how active most footballers are, and for me maybe they arent as marketable.

I think it's the companies that determine how marketable he is and with the utmost respect, multi billion pound company like adidas probably are better placed than you are to make that assessment.

It's amazing as often the people that say it's not about 'X' are often the ones that never have to think about it anyway. Bold statement but I would suggest if he was white, he might have the same criticism but if people were honest, when they talk of lifestyle it wouldn't have the same context.

el3mel

A player of his quality, I thought he should have buried it. At least hit the target.
Mata's finishing has heavily detoriated this season. He missed chances no chance he would have missed the previous seasons.

Good key pass from Paul anyway.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Big test for him next week against City. They're obviously susceptible to the counter attack, and if we're to capitalise on that then he's going to be key.

squidoo

They will run rings round Pogba next week...I've just put 20 quid on it.

Mr PG

Frequent complaint against Ronaldo eh?

Van Persie said Fergie would sometimes approach him at half time and be like...”.hey ... it’s boring, excite me... do a dribble or 50yard pass, I don’t care if it goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.