Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not sure why people are so worked up if Pogba gets criticized. His off the field activities are all good as long as he delivers on the pitch, he failed to do so in the last few months. And in doing so he looks like he doesn't give a f*ck. Having such a pathetic display in the CL game, and then he goes and post about his regular life like nothing happened, will rub people the wrong way.

I for one changed my opinion of him drastically. Previously I had him as a potential candidate for captaincy, now I wouldn't care if he was sold in the summer and replaced with a less talented player who would leave his heart on the pitch.
Its the people that got rubbed the wrong way that have an issue, so is he supposed to die and not live if he has a poor game?

So you went from him being a potential captain, to sell him in a few months.... right

Cassidy

Can I ask what people wanted Jose to say? Do they want him to take blame for Pogba’s form?
Have you seen how he defends players like Fellaini when they turn in shite performances?
I have no issue with Jose commenting on Pogba form, just be consistent for 1, and 2 don't keep going back to it. No reason to even go back to it after the international break, he has has said enough already. Lets see what Pogba does in the next game first!

Cassidy

Agreed. I have never once gone on any of Pogba's social media sites. My opinion of his maturity (or lack thereof) is completely to do with his performances on the pitch and comments thereon.
Yes but actually I started this conversation based on what Bryon Robson said, which again had nothing to do with anything on the pitch. Also if you think your opinion of his maturity hasn't been influenced by the media reporting of his lifestyle I think you are likely to be mistaken.

haram

Have you seen how he defends players like Fellaini when they turn in shite performances?
I have no issue with Jose commenting on Pogba form, just be consistent for 1, and 2 don't keep going back to it. No reason to even go back to it after the international break, he has has said enough already. Lets see what Pogba does in the next game first!
I already spoke about Fellaini on the last page.

AngliaRed

He needs to start today! The perfect game to get the momentum going again.

Let’s be honest the experiment with Mctominay and/Fellaini needs to stop. If Pogba is fit he starts!

Cassidy

As I remember there were question marks all over Beckham celebrity image (Fergie had real issues with it) and if it does affect his game. And he played on an extremely high level. I just think there would be very little if any questions if Pogba performs. Not that I personally have any problems with what he does off the field.
I full agree with this, my main point is that keep the criticism to training and the pitch.

POF

Yes but actually I started this conversation based on what Bryon Robson said, which again had nothing to do with anything on the pitch. Also if you think your opinion of his maturity hasn't been influenced by the media reporting of his lifestyle I think you are likely to be mistaken.
I'm sure many things influence my opinion but by far the most significant change in my opinion about Pogba was the Spurs game and the "Pogba has to play on the left of the midfield 3 in a 4-3-3" nonsense that followed it. With Jose going public having to defend himself and the subsequent changes to the formation it was extremely damaging.

Pogba's off field activities don't bother me. In fact, having such a charismatic and popular figure can be a great thing if he is a positive influence within the squad as a leader. I really thought he was getting there and showing increased maturity but since the Sanchez signing, he has really let himself down.

Cassidy

I'm sure many things influence my opinion but by far the most significant change in my opinion about Pogba was the Spurs game and the "Pogba has to play on the left of the midfield 3 in a 4-3-3" nonsense that followed it. With Jose going public having to defend himself and the subsequent changes to the formation it was extremely damaging.

Pogba's off field activities don't bother me. In fact, having such a charismatic and popular figure can be a great thing if he is a positive influence within the squad as a leader. I really thought he was getting there and showing increased maturity but since the Sanchez signing, he has really let himself down.
Did Pogba come out and say any of that?

I think he hasn't played well, but I'm not sure it shows lack of maturity IMO unless you can point to where the player himself has either criticised the manager or openly stated he needs to play in a certain position.

POF

Did Pogba come out and say any of that?

I think he hasn't played well, but I'm not sure it shows lack of maturity IMO unless you can point to where the player himself has either criticised the manager or openly stated he needs to play in a certain position.
The lack of maturity was his lack of effort, sitting on the ground throwing a tantrum when he lost the ball, not bothering to track runners and giving the impression that he was having a sulk in such a huge game.

Before that game he played 90 minutes every game whenever he was available and he has had some absolute stinkers. Jose subbing him off in that game was a massive deal.

Cassidy

The lack of maturity was his lack of effort, sitting on the ground throwing a tantrum when he lost the ball, not bothering to track runners and giving the impression that he was having a sulk in such a huge game.

Before that game he played 90 minutes every game whenever he was available and he has had some absolute stinkers. Jose subbing him off in that game was a massive deal.
See I have no issue with this type of criticism. Also I was one of the ones saying he should get subbed that game.
However I feel like we're in a situation now where like your last paragraph history is being re-written. I mean he was actually in very good form this season IMO up until very recently.

So yes he does need to up his game, and do better especially when things don't go his way, thats one thing.

Does he need to not live his normal off the pitch life when he is going through a bad spell? No he doesn't. Its very lazy when people decide that posting on social media is affecting his game, the same people usually on social media themselves forget that footballers are humans and football is work and they have a life outside of work.

Also Jose himself needs to also take some blame for the fact most of our players have suffered a big dip in form since Sanchez has come in, its not only Pogba and something isn't right there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So do I. But, there seems to be very little indication that Pogba will come back more determined or suddenly develop more maturity.

Being surrounded by an entourage of "yes men" and ass kissers isn't a good thing in this case.
Your last sentence is spot on.

POF

See I have no issue with this type of criticism. Also I was one of the ones saying he should get subbed that game.
However I feel like we're in a situation now where like your last paragraph history is being re-written. I mean he was actually in very good form this season IMO up until very recently.

So yes he does need to up his game, and do better especially when things don't go his way, thats one thing.

Does he need to not live his normal off the pitch life when he is going through a bad spell? No he doesn't. Its very lazy when people decide that posting on social media is affecting his game, the same people usually on social media themselves forget that footballers are humans and football is work and they have a life outside of work.

Also Jose himself needs to also take some blame for the fact most of our players have suffered a big dip in form since Sanchez has come in, its not only Pogba and something isn't right there.
Not sure what about my last paragraph is re-writing history. I didn't doubt he started the season very well. But it is completely true that he was one of Jose's ever presents who would play every minute of every game, no matter how he was performing.

I agree with you about his private life. Who gives a monkeys what he does off the pitch. Dancing with his mum shouldn't stop him performing on the pitch.

As for Jose, there are many who are far too quick to blame him for everything that goes wrong at the club. Saying that, when he states only 2 players are showing the necessary level of commitment, that doesn't reflect well on him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

This is balanced.

Kostov

Its the people that got rubbed the wrong way that have an issue, so is he supposed to die and not live if he has a poor game?

So you went from him being a potential captain, to sell him in a few months.... right
Yeah people have an issue about overpaid grown man who don't have a simple reasoning to lay low a few weeks, what a scandal. Nobody said he should die nor not live his life, but he can have a bit of modesty to not invite such reactions, he is old enough to know that.

And people say football fans are reactionary/fickle :lol:
Your point? I said I had him as a potential captain before the start of the season, but his post injury collapse changed my mind, he is no leader nor indispensable. We played the biggest matches without him in the last two years, if he kicks up a fuss and it is a possibility, he can leave. Forgive us mare mortals to not attach to individuals as you.

backtowhiteside

He better feckin step up. He is here to dominate midfield. If he struggles do even try doing that he needs to be replaced as soon as possible. End of feckin story.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Don't want to labour the point but brandishing his wealth or making videos? Have you seen the cars that the players drive to training, what are they doing then?Not sure I've watched any MTV episodes of Cribs on Pogs.

Take the racial stereotypes out of Pogs and you are left with a very well paid football with a particular taste in clothes. On that note, I was in shopping Flannels (expensive clothes shop in Manchester). It was the start of the summer season in clothes and basically Giggs (still playing at that time) was there with his dresser having first dibs on everything new, and no one could go to the men's department until he and his dresser were done. Could have done it before the shop opened or when it had closed, nope 11am....

They all brandish their wealth just in different ways....
Brandishing wealth and music videos was in relation to Memphis...when Memphis was playing for the reserves, he went against club advice and came to the reserve game in his rolls royce. Januzaj and Periera were also reported to have attitude problems when they were in the reserves, they would showboat by trying to score from as many corners as possible.

Pogba is far more active than most footballers when it comes to off the pitch stuff. He is almost always doing some sort of promo or ad campaign. That has nothing to do with his race and everything to do with his performance. He is as active as Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi while being a fraction of the player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've been his biggest critic this season. But I've realised one very important thing after his goal in Internationals.

He's 24 years old and lost his father during the season. That plays such a big part in your life and work regardless of what you do. Personally I've decided to judge him from next season because of this.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What is so wrong with his pictures and his interviews?
His interviews were all about him, he was acting like he made it in top football already and the difference between him and other top players was just that he was in bad form. He wasn't worried too much.

As for his pictures:

Just to be clear, I am not criticising him for his styling a d I never did that, I couldn't care less. But blaming it on racism is utterly stupid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nobody complained about his hair or instagram while he was playing well.

Suddenly he's had a few poor games and it's a sin and must be stopped. Completely ridiculous.

He just needs to find his better form, whether it's him personally or the coach we'll find out I guess.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Need a big performance from him today
Come on Pogba, let's see a goal like the one for France :drool:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
@Amar__ Well he is now a consistent starter for the Dutch national team and is an important player for a decent Lyon side. He has "made it". He did not make it at United but, he can still have a pretty good career. And I do not see anything wrong with his outfits.

Stacks

Jose Mourinho's arrogance knows no bounds. What has he got to say about Sanchez's form? Or perhaps Luke Shaw? When a lot of players aren't performing at their best and the team is suffering because of that the manager has to take some responsibility as well. He is responsible for the performances on the pitch and it isn't a coincidence that a lot of our key players are all off form at the same time.
His style has always been to save face 1st and pass the buck. Did he admit that the sevilla result could have gone better for United? I recall him hyping Sevilla up, downplaying United, so it was almost expected that we lost this tie.

And McTominay. Ashley Young too. Those three inparticular are the teachers pets. They seem to get a free pass regardless of the performances. On the other side you've got Shaw, Pogba and Martial who have to work twice as hard to gain the managers trust and one bad game means they're out of the team. It's not consistent IMO but I guess that's the type of personality the manager prefers to work with or finds easier to work with. Flair players are more restricted under his management but workhorses are given free passes even if they have several poor games because they're 'trying'.
Perhaps they get more criticism because they can offer more, much, much more. The latter 3 could be some of the best in the league in their positions. The previous 3 won't. He is trying to push the latter on a few gears. I get it. They can and should be more. Martial could be taking it to every opponent but he just drifts in and out of games. Pogba too, just does moments but never runs things. I don't know what the hell Shaw is doing, getting out gunned by a 30 odd year old winger. These lads need to kick on and become something fast. As Tywin Lannnister once said "I need you to become the man you were meant to be, not next year, not tomorrow, NOW."

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I quite like Pogba's new blue hair. My favourite was his blonde mohawk at Juventus. A close second was the blue and red streak he had a few months ago.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@Amar__ Well he is now a consistent starter for the Dutch national team and is an important player for a decent Lyon side. He has "made it". He did not make it at United but, he can still have a pretty good career. And I do not see anything wrong with his outfits.
There is plenty wrong with his outfits, granted that it has nothing to do with football.:lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was comparing himself with players like Ronaldo, etc., he is nowhere near close that level.

If you think that kind of styling is regular then I can't make you change your mind.

I've been his biggest critic this season. But I've realised one very important thing after his goal in Internationals.

He's 24 years old and lost his father during the season. That plays such a big part in your life and work regardless of what you do. Personally I've decided to judge him from next season because of this.
Exactly, I don't think he' given himself enough time to mourn properly. I think his father passed away right before the EL final at the end of last season.

Man Utd 2:0 Swansea

el3mel

Decent today. He had better than this in his locker imo but that's definitely better than his previous games.

Some of his long bombs were pretty bad though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looked better than he has for some time today. At his best when he mostly keeps it simple and breaks the tricks out when its needed rather than for showing off.

Far, far less of the dwelling on the ball stuff today. Kept it, moved it, picked the right passes. Guess he can play in a midfield two, eh?

Ban

Showed what he's capable of. Kept things simple and he's the best when he doesn't over complicate. More of it please.

AngliaRed

Good performance from him!

Looked tidy, composed and starting to show his confidence again.

It’s easy to point out his intercepted passes but he’s trying to create and play Lukaku in behind the swansea defence which is a hard pass to make. Did it brilliantly for Mata.

Hopefully he will play well next week and not going missing at the Etihad.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've been in here a lot slagging him off when he's played poorly, so it's only fair I praise him when he does well.
More like it today, got back a bit better and released the ball much better. Sure some of his balls weren't perfect but that will return as he gets more confident.
I think Matic was poor today so kudos to Pogba, Lingard and Mata for running the midfield.

Nick7

Better today. Looked closer to his early season performances. Still tuning up the band when it comes to long balls though.

tavtavtav

Unusually for Pogba his long passing was off (Usually there are games he can be sloppy but still play pinpoint aerial balls at any moment) but apart from which I'm sure will be back with confidence. Otherwise a good game, his short and between lines passing was very good and he showed good strength. Kept the ball well, even in the second half (despite the commentators trying to claim otherwise when fouls were being called against him). Could have gotten 2 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.