Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was naff but was better in the second half playing deeper pulling the strings, how he was taken off before a Mata was strange to say the least

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The end of Pogba’s first spell was a loss against the side bottom of the league with a Park/Rafael midfield.

Will the end of his second spell be marked by this loss to a side bottom of the league with an almost non-existent Matic/Lingard/Mata (weird arse) midfield preferred over him?

el3mel

Today sums him up. Great when he wants to, like against City, but he never puts that consistently. He doesn't do his talent any favor. Has all the ingredients to be one of the best but mentally wise fecks this up with being too arrogant as a footballer and only plays when he wants.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Today sums him up. Great when he wants to, like against City, but he never puts that consistently. He doesn't do his talent any favor. Has all the ingredients to be one of the best but mentally wise fecks this up with being too arrogant as a footballer and only plays when he wants.
He wasn’t even all that great against City. Two decent runs into their box but they ran rings round him in midfield in the first and dominated possession after half time too.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Scapegoat.

By no means great, but I think hashtags and price tags really are becoming too important.

Matic had a horrible performance, and even set up the West Brom goal. But because he’s a quiet guy without a new haircut it’s just completely slept on.

I’m not entirely sure Pogba remains a United player past the summer - an opinion I’ve held since the turn of the year, and we all know that he’ll go and be great elsewhere. But for whatever reason it isn’t happening here.

Greck

He got subbed because he was a red card risk not for his performance. The scapegoating here is amazing. He wasn't lazy or invisible

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Starting to worry he actually isn’t capable of being a top footballer. All the ability in the world but seems to really lack game intelligence, which is what gives the top players the edge.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's had a few matches like this. He's poor, but it's hard to tell how much of it is him playing poorly and how much of it is the fact that he has absolutely no movement ahead of him whatsoever. There were numerous times he was bringing the ball out of our half and he basically had to stop and feck around because there wasn't anybody for him to pass to. I don't blame him for those times. If he'd had movement and runners ahead of him for him to find, he very well may have done that and we could be talking about him having a good match.

Was silly for Mourinho to take him off just as we were bringing Martial and Rashford on who would hopefully have been able to provide that movement.

Silas

He's had a few matches like this. He's poor, but it's hard to tell how much of it is him playing poorly and how much of it is the fact that he has absolutely no movement ahead of him whatsoever. There were numerous times he was bringing the ball out of our half and he basically had to stop and feck around because there wasn't anybody for him to pass to. I don't blame him for those times. If he'd had movement and runners ahead of him for him to find, he very well may have done that and we could be talking about him having a good match.

Was silly for Mourinho to take him off just as we were bringing Martial and Rashford on who would hopefully have been able to provide that movement.
He said in the post-match that the main reason he took him off was because of his booking.

I didn't think he was awful today. Some good, some bad. Jose taking him off only to play Mata in midfield instead was weird.

Litch

Scapegoat.

By no means great, but I think hashtags and price tags really are becoming too important.

Matic had a horrible performance, and even set up the West Brom goal. But because he’s a quiet guy without a new haircut it’s just completely slept on.

I’m not entirely sure Pogba remains a United player past the summer - an opinion I’ve held since the turn of the year, and we all know that he’ll go and be great elsewhere. But for whatever reason it isn’t happening here.
Agree. I think depends on how much someone wants him and who we bring in will be decide whether he stays or goes. I think also what kind of World Cup he has. Problem is it will take 150m to buy him given his current contract. It will be a shame if we let a manager that struggles to get a tune out of creative players let the likes of Martial and Pogba go out the door. The pool of these players is becoming shallow and it's what separates the Barca and Real from others is romance of football that these players bring. Remember those here who said Ronaldo was a one trick pony, that was all about self image and step overs?

dogwithabone

We need more zip in midfield. He’s too slow and is so casual at trying to reclaim the ball when he loses it. I’m really beginning to worry about Pogba that he just might not be all that and what a lot of us hoped was just inconsistency might be because he’s just not that good at the very highest level.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He just cannot be "serious" for a few games in a row. The showboater in him just cannot be controlled and he has to try pointless shit over and over again.

Bobski

He just cannot be "serious" for a few games in a row. The showboater in him just cannot be controlled and he has to try pointless shit over and over again.
Which is why it is impossible to build a team around him. In this mode he can only ever be a peripheral figure who gives amazing moments a few times a season or who adds a little style when the team is dominating.

A colossal disappointment given the money spent, his obscene talent level and the need this club has for him to live up to both.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We were all baffled in the stands that he was subbed. Particularly once you remembered that Herrera had just been pulled and no central midfielders were coming on.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He vacillates wildly from ambivalence to apathy in a single game. Or at least that's my perception of him having watched him put out insipid performance after insipid performance. You just want to fecking shake the guy silly sometimes and give him a kick up the arse.

He's so fecking infuriating. Many people have already said this, but it is like he's having a kick about with his mates down the park. It's all carefree and blasé. Does my fecking head in.

spiriticon

He absolutely mirrors the state of our team this year. His highs are world class, and his lows are fecking championship standard.

He's got more ups and downs than a cardiogram.

FRUSTRATING.

ti vu

Manager had to take a lot of the blame for poor performances in defeats against poor oppositions.

We set up 433 but we play 451 as our wingers are too deep and even when we have defender who can pass the ball from the back, we never seem to use them to pass the ball from the back and Matic or Pogba keeps dropping deep to win the ball and wingers drop deep to receive it leaving Lukaku isolated for majority of buildup who offers no movement in behind to confuse the opposition. And if not 451 its always 4231 where Matic and Pogba gets caught on the counter defensively and the defense leaks a goal while Lingard spends most of the time so deep or so high that there is no actual no 10 to playmaker from that position.
The whole we're playing too deep is nonsense as if you're watching the last few minutes, saw Martial and Lingard to try owning the whole flanks and thought that's what our wide players played all game. Pogba was floating in advanced position mostly before we switch to 2 men midfielder. If he were so deep, then why both himself and Herrera were there for the cut back from Lukaku (penalty incident)? And how did Pogba get his yellow? Did he attempt to defend or trying to attack a cross.

Lingard flecked at least couple of potential goal scoring chance. He is switched to wing/full back in the end because we decided to get Smalling up the pitch and having Valencia and Lindelof as our sole last defensive line.

Back to Pogba, something is not right with him. Seems like nowadays he decided to switch to luxury player mode instead dig in for the team like he used to be at least prior to Burnley game. He doesn't look to get on the ball, but seem to only want ball in good position. He used to likes to receive ball from our d fenders and play make. Recently, he just let them pass between self and bombard up the pitch waiting for the ball.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He vacillates wildly from ambivalence to apathy in a single game. Or at least that's my perception of him having watched him put out insipid performance after insipid performance. You just want to fecking shake the guy silly sometimes and give him a kick up the arse.

He's so fecking infuriating. Many people have already said this, but it is like he's having a kick about with his mates down the park. It's all carefree and blasé. Does my fecking head in.
There come a point where “it’s ok, he just looks casual because that’s his style of play” ends up as “hold on, maybe he looks casual because he is casual?!?”

He passed that point for me a while ago.

El Zoido

It’s not Pogba’s fault, it’s irrelevant. He’s a supremely talented footballer and we’re wasting him.

Dante

Average bang
He should never be given any responsibiliy.

The more he believes he has to do on his own, the more he tries to do too much. Playing him as the only link man is asking for trouble.

You either play him as one of two attacking midfielders or you play him as a #6. Anything else and he gives you a performance like today.

Rory 7

As many of you know I was dead against resigning Pogba. To me he was not he type of midfielder we needed at the time and breaking the club record for a player Fergie let go just never added up for me. However, I’ve grown very fond of him. The Pogba conundrum can be solved very simply; play him further up the pitch, always. He simply doesn’t read the game well enough to play deep. He needs to play off Lukaku with Sanchez floating. Mad theory I know but it is that simple. Keep him in the final third and he’ll be a world beater.

Dante

Average bang
As many of you know I was dead against resigning Pogba. To me he was not he type of midfielder we needed at the time and breaking the club record for a player Fergie let go just never added up for me. However, I’ve grown very fond of him. The Pogba conundrum can be solved very simply; play him further up the pitch, always. He simply doesn’t read the game well enough to play deep. He needs to play off Lukaku with Sanchez floating. Mad theory I know but it is that simple. Keep him in the final third and he’ll be a world beater.
That's where he's at his worst.

Member 5225

Was this how he was playing at Juve (if yes, seems we are the fools), or has his ability plummeted since he's moved to us, anyone know?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He should never be given any responsibiliy.

The more he believes he has to do on his own, the more he tries to do too much. Playing him as the only link man is asking for trouble.

You either play him as one of two attacking midfielders or you play him as a #6. Anything else and he gives you a performance like today.
Nah, the excuses about exactly which formation he needs to excel stopped making sense a long time ago. You’ll note that nobody is bringing up the “left side of midfield three” chesnut this evening. Funny that.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Was this how he was playing at Juve (if yes, seems we are the fools), or has his ability plummeted since he's moved to us, anyone know?
He played in a slower league with a far better team. It would not surprise me one bit if Pogba moves to Madrid and becomes a world beater again.

Dante

Average bang
Juventus had a team full of creative players around him. At United, he and Mata are the only real creative outlets in the side. That's when you see him trying to hog the ball and do Cruyff turns for no apparent reason.

Play him deeper and take the creative burden off him. Lingard is the only man that can bring the best out of Pogba in the squad at the moment. Unfortunately, for United, Pogba's mentality had already been set by the time the sub was made.

Dante

Average bang
Nah, the excuses about exactly which formation he needs to excel stopped making sense a long time ago. You’ll note that nobody is bringing up the “left side of midfield three” chesnut this evening. Funny that.
It's not about formation, it's about mentality.

When Pogba has somebody alongside him to pick up the creative slack, he plays a more sensible game.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been at the same level IMO. The Juventus team was better so it covered for him better if he didn't perform up to par.

People have just expected too much of him(understandably so with the hype and price-tag).

Eddy_JukeZ

That yellow card he picked up. Just why?

I feel like he needs a serious talk with someone to tell him to cut the BS. Because that yellow card was the dumbest thing I've seen all season from any of our players. What in the world was he going to achieve with that?

I didn't think he was awful, but he's got to grow up. If he doesn't next season, I don't even know.

He's still too much of a 'moments' player.

C'est Moi Cantona

I wouldn't have taken him off, you have hope when players like him are on, no matter how bad they've been before, which he was, but so were the rest, Mata should have been subbed instead imo, he looked like he's reaching the end with us today.

Status
Not open for further replies.