Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Another typical Pogba game, might see him serious one last time this season.

Minimalist

People who say he is world class are clueless tbh.
Apparently world class players need 10 other world class players around them to play well consistently.

We'll just ignore that Matic has comfortably out-performed him this season despite clearly being dross (according to some).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Apparently world class players need 10 other world class players around them to play well consistently.

We'll just ignore that Matic has comfortably out-performed him this season despite clearly being dross (according to some).
Not only Matic but Herrera being our player of the season last season while he constantly covered for Pogba's ass. 2 years in a row that his midfield partner has by far outshone him over the course of the season. He has world class ability with his feet, but he is light years away from being a world class player.

Member 5225

He needs to define what he wants to be immense at and just focus on being the best at that particular trait.
I haven't firgured out what that trait is yet. But seems nor has he / the club!

Litch

Watching Pogba closely tonight I've learned something new about him. He is all style but little substance. He is not a player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and make something out of nothing. He's not that player. We've brought him in to form part of the spine of this team but he's an icing on the cake player. He isn't going to make a bad team play great but he will make a great team unstoppable. I repeat it was totally wrong decision to resign Pogba at the start of our massive rebuilding job in 2016 when so many key areas in this team are lacking. Pogba will not do anything until this team improves. Man has gone from playing with Chiellini, Pirlo and Vidal to Smalling, Fellaini and Young. Listen I'm dissapointed with his attitude sometimes and the flicks and tricks when we urgently need something but he is not responsible for the overall performance of this team.
I think that's fair to a degree. He's has proven substance but like you said, look what's around him and the team if absolutely full of players that should not be starting for us. The most icons of utd players generally had quality around them, and I honestly believe poor players can make good players look equally bad. He's immature at times in how he plays but let's be honest, it's hard being a creative player at Utd but it's easy to be a Utd player passing it safe. The irony is any player that tries any other than safe is criticised. I'm not sure we know what we want from our creative players....

ti vu

No wonder he needs so much hair change, doesn't have enough hair drying treatment. The guy needs to be put on the edge to perform or he let his talent go to waste not playing seriously.

Last edited:

Castia

He runs and tries to do needless shit instead of just passing. He looks like a donkey on ice.

I’m getting tired of his shite tbh. It’s one thing to have a bad game but his style and attitude is a joke.

el3mel

Next season is last chance for me. If he doesn't put in consistent performance week in week out I'll lose any hope in success of his signing.

The comparison with the likes of Veron and Nani are very valid for me.

Eddy_JukeZ

Next season is last chance for me. If he doesn't put in consistent performance week in week out I'll lose any hope in success of his signing.

The comparison with the likes of Veron and Nani are very valid for me.
Nani's 2010-2011 season eclipsed both of Pogba's by a good margin.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Sometimes when watching him I think he's a remarkably unintelligent footballer. I fear that's something that isn't going to improve as suddenly or quickly as we need it to.

RRCE

Everyone was terrible. The entire team was 11 individuals playing a team game. Who is jose gonna replace him with that will change anything.
I agree, everyone was poor. That said, not all of the other players are 90M pound, big reputation, huge ego, social media obsessed, entering their prime midfielders. Jose is perfectly entitled to expect more of Pogba. The standard for each player should be the same - to perform to the best of their personal abilities. Pogba isn’t coming close enough to that nearly often enough. Jose doesn’t expect perfection - he plainly said so recently - but he does expect an acceptable performance level consistently. Given his age and profile, Pogba needs to be better.

I like Pogba. He has great potential. At present, though, he doesn’t seem to be committed, intelligent and hard working enough to reach that potential. I’m not suggesting that Jose has reached his breaking point with the player. Quite the opposite - I said that Pogba will certainly get one more season. All I’m suggesting is that Jose must have doubts as to whether Pogba will ever be the player he wants him to be.

I absolutely agree that replacing Pogba with someone else won’t be a magical fix. I do know, however, that everyone is replaceable. There are plenty of midfields that are better than ours, and none of them have Paul Pogba in them. We clearly need to upgrade our midfield. That said, if Pogba ultimately can’t or won’t play a smarter, more productive and team-oriented game, it’s not crazy to suggest that we may be better off looking in a different direction.

Ban

Has bags of talent but his head is the problem. I hope he won't be one of those players who never fulfilled his potential.

Devil may care

I'm a fan but he was awful tonight, no worse than most of the others but so sloppy and careless.

Bobski

He doesn't want to work hard and do the simple things every game. It is boring, so when he has a good game you can be pretty certain that he will be full on self indulgent Paul in his next game.

Unless his attitude changes I highly doubt he can be more than a pretty adornment. Can't build a team around that type.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People who say he is world class are clueless tbh.
Well he definitely has a world class level in him, you cannot deny that.

The fact he can’t reach it consistently is the worrying thing, especially against the smaller sides.

Stacks

I think that's fair to a degree. He's has proven substance but like you said, look what's around him and the team if absolutely full of players that should not be starting for us. The most icons of utd players generally had quality around them, and I honestly believe poor players can make good players look equally bad. He's immature at times in how he plays but let's be honest, it's hard being a creative player at Utd but it's easy to be a Utd player passing it safe. The irony is any player that tries any other than safe is criticised. I'm not sure we know what we want from our creative players....
Carrick played with Cleverley, Anderson, Nani and Valencia, Chicarito, old man Rooney. Scholes played with Miller, Fletcher, Richardson, Park, Alan Smith, O,shea. Its very rare that a world class player just performs with other world class players. its an excuse.

Djemba-Djemba

He honestly does my head in.

He has this awful side to him where he'll seemingly spend 90 minutes pissing about.

He can be a right clown.

Full bodied red

Just an expensive mistake, I'm afraid to say for the umpteenth time.

He really is just a little boy in an adult's body and always will be.

I wonder, really do wonder, what the other players make of him ??

haram

I thought he held the ball and protected it well. His passing was terrible though.

Achilles McCool

Carrick played with Cleverley, Anderson, Nani and Valencia, Chicarito, old man Rooney. Scholes played with Miller, Fletcher, Richardson, Park, Alan Smith, O,shea. Its very rare that a world class player just performs with other world class players. its an excuse.
Great post! If Pogba was world class, he’d show it no matter who was playing beside him!

Achilles McCool

Just an expensive mistake, I'm afraid to say for the umpteenth time.

He really is just a little boy in an adult's body and always will be.

I wonder, really do wonder, what the other players make of him ??
What would you think of him if he was your teammate? I know that he would frustrate the hell out of me.

tjb

My problem with pogba is he really doesn't work for the team. He's a great player, and i still believe he is world class but he is selfish and here is why. We have an issue brining the ball out from the back because as good as matic is he is not a great passer of the ball. At the start of the season, pogba stayed deep in order to resolve that problem and our play and pattern of play were good. Later Pogba decided he no longer was willing to play this role, and since then we have struggled with this. Today he left fellaini to partner matic for a lot of the game, a player with no ball playing skills whatsoever. I understand that he wants to be more of an attacker, but the fact that he isn't willing to sacrifice his position issues till at least the end of the season where we will resolve that issue is dissappointing.

Canagel

Carrick and Scholes also played with prime Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, RVP, and the likes of Rio, Vidic, Evra at the back. It's funny you leave them out. Even the players you've mentioned like Nani, Valencia, Chicharito at the time were all very important players for us. You can't compare those great teams we had back then to what we have now mate.

He's a fecking nightmare when he's in this sort of mood, you could tell within 5 minutes. Stupid showboaty touches and taking far too long on the ball so he could demonstrate his super duper strength.

He could be absolutely world class, but he's too busy trying to look absolutely world class.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well he definitely has a world class level in him, you cannot deny that.

The fact he can’t reach it consistently is the worrying thing, especially against the smaller sides.
He has ability but he isnt a world class player. Many players have been the same. All the talent in the world gets you nowhere without the mentality to go with it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He had Allegri, Conte and Mourinho as coaches. He should be exploding with mentality, right now.

Perhaps he's the kind of player who needs Vidal, Griezmann and Lukaku constantly around him to get the best out of him on the pitch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Watching Pogba closely tonight I've learned something new about him. He is all style but little substance. He is not a player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and make something out of nothing. He's not that player. We've brought him in to form part of the spine of this team but he's an icing on the cake player. He isn't going to make a bad team play great but he will make a great team unstoppable. I repeat it was totally wrong decision to resign Pogba at the start of our massive rebuilding job in 2016 when so many key areas in this team are lacking. Pogba will not do anything until this team improves. Man has gone from playing with Chiellini, Pirlo and Vidal to Smalling, Fellaini and Young. Listen I'm dissapointed with his attitude sometimes and the flicks and tricks when we urgently need something but he is not responsible for the overall performance of this team.
Great post. "All style but little substance" is spot on to describe him.

Rasfene

Can we stop blaming Pogba?

It doesn't matter how much he costs. As long as a player is wear united jersey and is out on the field, every player has the responsibility to play well for the team. You cannot say pogba didn't try, can you?

jem

He doesn't want to work hard and do the simple things every game. It is boring, so when he has a good game you can be pretty certain that he will be full on self indulgent Paul in his next game.

Unless his attitude changes I highly doubt he can be more than a pretty adornment. Can't build a team around that type.
This is why I have way more time for Sanchez: not everything comes off and he has had some dire performances, but he always looks like he’s working his ass off. That can only be a good thing.

Achilles McCool

Can we stop blaming Pogba?

It doesn't matter how much he costs. As long as a player is wear united jersey and is out on the field, every player has the responsibility to play well for the team. You cannot say pogba didn't try, can you?
I can say it and I will; his effort is lacking for a top level team. He acts like he’s on a school yard playground with no repercussions of his mistakes/actions, and his play demonstrates that he doesn’t have the “drive”

Djemba-Djemba

I think a lack of effort is a very fair criticism of Pogba at times this season.

His performance away at Newcastle was even worse than tonight for example, in terms of lazy half arsed uselessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.