Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

There's a huge gap in experience but there really isn't one in ability.

What makes you think Pogba is so much more talented than Loftus-Cheek?
Look, even I feel Pogba is generally overrated but come on! RLC has proved nothing. Pogba has shown far more of his talents. I doubt RLC has done more in the youth teams than Pogba in seniors

RooneyLegend

RLC has barely played at highest level, until he proves week in week out there is a big gap in their ability.
Not really the case but oh well. If someone had said Mbappe has more ability than Rashford this time last year the outrage in this thread would be in that thread. Did it make it true?
LC has one career goal and one career assist in 28 career appearances
He's barely had any game time. When Pogba was struggling for game time here he also wasnt putting up an serious stats.
Look, even I feel Pogba is generally overrated but come on! RLC has proved nothing. Pogba has shown far more of his talents. I doubt RLC has done more in the youth teams than Pogba in seniors
Cheek was a monster in the youths and currently since he's started a couple of games, id say he looks Palace's best player by a fair distance. The second half vs Huddersfield was reminicent of Pogba's match vs Southampton last season sadly for him it was in a losing effort, He's already showing what he's about and people will catch on as time goes by. Out of interest if i had said Loftus-Cheek has more ability than Henderson would you guys find the comment equally as ridiculous?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This and the Martial thread are funny reading, because half the posters are on my ignore list for chatting utter shite.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Staying at united with fergie would have been lot better for his game development than going to juventus with no midfeild responsiblity placed on him with the likes of vidal and pirlo and marchisio taking all those roles and letting pogba do whatever he wants to showboat his skills with complete freedom and no responsiblity of the midfeild play.

He has great skills , attributes, vision , but many times he does not perform the basics right itself which is the first job of a midfeilder and that's why fergie was Pushing him harder on the fringes of first team.
Crazy to suggest that going to Juve was not good for his development - he went from a player struggling to break into the team to the world's most expensive player!

RooneyLegend

I suppose you're gutted we got rid of Rooney too?
Of course i was, it was disgraceful how we treated a superstar, look at him now sparkling for Everton doing things no footballer at the club can do!

Why would i be ffs? he's done his bit for the club and he's now over the hill, it was fair that he left. You'd have to put in a lot of effort to discover a post of mine where i'd said we should keep him.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Of course i was, it was disgraceful how we treated a superstar, look at him now sparkling for Everton doing things no footballer at the club can do!

Why would i be ffs? he's done his bit for the club and he's now over the hill, it was fair that he left. You'd have to put in a lot of effort to discover a post of mine where i'd said we should keep him.

I'm just saying if your judgement over Pogba is consistent with other players you'd probably wanna bring Anderson back.

yfoFC

IMO. Kante &a Pogba in midfield 2 is the problem. In other games, it doesn't stood out like a sore thumb but the sign was always there. Either one having frustrating game, but never both have on par great game together.

IMO, it's due the fact that both players are the type need to stand out to do their thing. They ain't the type to take a quiet role. It's similar to the feeling of having Lampard and Gerard in the same midfield despite, there is no question in both players' quality.

What I believe the key in this conflicting partnership is Kante's one dimensional style. For example, Kante looked energetic breaking up play in second half vs Lux. but he was flawed in a team trying to break down a bus. There were many instance, he passed too soon to the crossers, whom understandably would get pressed on ball thus rushed thing further, leaving the front men less time to work to lose their markers/getting into good positions. I mentioned this because this is one aspect is what Busquet is not fully understood by many fans. Busquet passing for majority of time looks very ordinary, but his role is important in that his passing is very kind for teammates. He usually doesn't miss the rhythm (pass too soon or too late). Kante simply tried to pass the ball quickly to a supposed free teammate, while at the same time leaving the other players with little time to get into position to become passing option. In the second half, there were so many times, Kante ignored the central area and primarily & predictably get the ball out wide. Other times he won the ball in central area and immediately passed it while the central players ain't ready, thus losing the ball right away. This is unkind ball for teammates, I am trying to make the point.

Kante ain't suited to play a patient game breaking a bus parking tactic. You know shtf when you start seeing Kante in supposed primary deeper defensive role having many touches on the ball. He congests his team own space by pushing up unnecessarily while at times, not provide passing option for his CBs. I know it's more of Koscielny brainfart, but one of his mispass in second half was due to Kante in bad position in my book.

Back to Pogba, there is no doubt about immatured/inexperienced aspect in his game. He can still easily lose his head thus affecting his overall performance. However, he has ability to help the team in this type of game with the right tactic. Deschamps IMO had a blunder this game as he ended up not building the tactic around Pogba best ability but used Pogba toward the end in Fellaini role when Giroud got taken off while having Kante running the midfield the wrong way against a deep defending team.

If I'm reading you correctly then you are saying a kante-pogba midfield two is not the best partnership and so I can extrapolate and state that were kante a united player then he would be dropped for matic and thus a squad player with limited abilities that should be upgraded ASAP... hmm, interesting

U99ted

:lol: I didn't think it could get any worse than the claims that Lingard is at the same level as Alli
Such a claim would be pretty close if it was the Spurs fan saying that. The caf is #1 for self-hating :lol:

ti vu

If I'm reading you correctly then you are saying a kante-pogba midfield two is not the best partnership and so I can extrapolate and state that were kante a united player then he would be dropped for matic and thus a squad player with limited abilities that should be upgraded ASAP... hmm, interesting
Yes. I am saying they can't get the best out of each other in 2 midfielder partnership. Still small sample of games, but I haven't seen they both playing great together. Either one is very good and another look underwhelming. If there is Matic to form 3 men midfield, then it's another story. It may work. In midfield 2, I even think Herrera is better than Kante to play with Pogba.

Let say we already got Kante & Matic like Chelsea did last season, then I don't think Mourinho would pursuit Pogba (and Micky). Kante is very good so no need to relegate him to the bench. Just change the dynamic of the midfield to add more offensive dedicated no 10. I am talking about someone like Neymar, who doesn't need to track back as much.

meamth

There's a huge gap in experience but there really isn't one in ability.

What makes you think Pogba is so much more talented than Loftus-Cheek?

Ehh Pogba is without a doubt the most charismatic player since Ronaldo. Being a football star isn't just about the ability they possess, but the confidence on the field. I haven't seen Lcheek that much, but he certainly doesn't have as much flair as Pogba? No

yfoFC

Yes. I am saying they can't get the best out of each other in 2 midfielder partnership. Still small sample of games, but I haven't seen they both playing great together. Either one is very good and another look underwhelming. If there is Matic to form 3 men midfield, then it's another story. It may work. In midfield 2, I even think Herrera is better than Kante to play with Pogba.

Let say we already got Kante & Matic like Chelsea did last season, then I don't think Mourinho would pursuit Pogba (and Micky). Kante is very good so no need to relegate him to the bench. Just change the dynamic of the midfield to add more offensive dedicated no 10. I am talking about someone like Neymar, who doesn't need to track back as much.
Err, I know we aren't supposed to explain our jokes/two faced comments but I'll bite

I was taking a sly dig at those who now call Herrera a squad player cuz his partnership with Pogba is not as good as Matic's thus being relegated to the bench. Some even say Kante will be a better fit for Pogba but it isn't working out so good in the NT thus far..

I wouldn't want to derail the thread so I'll stop there but all this catering for Pogba's weaknesses with finding players that suit him had better pay off cuz it's game changers like messi, ronaldo, neymar that deserve all that IMO

He has started down the right part with his performances for united this season but needs further work on his decision making..

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Best player in the league at this stage is seriously reaching. Let's see at the end of the season. He's a great player and I'm really glad he's ours but nobody is the best player in the league after a few games. If he can show his best form in the bigger games over a season then surely he has to be up there.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
The top end quality in the league just isn't what it used to be. Pogba should reach the title of the best player in the league, if he continues progressing.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
So in one page Pogba is the best player in the league and not far behind from Loftus Cheek. In other related news, Dele Alli and Lingard are the same level. Okay.

ManuMou

His shooting will give us another dimension in attack, something we have been lacking for years, even in Fergie's last few years.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I was watching some videos on Zidane and just wanted to pose the question - is Pogba the new Zidane? They have extremely similar playing styles; silky touches, dribbling in tight spaces, creativity, pin point passing from midfield. This wasn't the first time I've thought this of Pogba as there have been a couple of times this season where his performances drew comparisons to Zidane in my mind.

Bwuk

I was watching some videos on Zidane and just wanted to pose the question - is Pogba the new Zidane? They have extremely similar playing styles; silky touches, dribbling in tight spaces, creativity, pin point passing from midfield. This wasn't the first time I've thought this of Pogba as there have been a couple of times this season where his performances drew comparisons to Zidane in my mind.
No, Pogba is a very unique player, he's the new Paul Pogba. Zidane never had Pogbas athleticism.

I think if your to compare Pogba to someone's it's peak Yaya Toure, great touch and control, ability to just skip past players and score from distance and very strong and powerful. Both much better with a designated holding midfielder next to them.

Hopefully he develops Yayas goal scoring, as he was like Lampard in that aspect.

Jib

More like Zidane than Scholes, Gerrard or Yaya, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.