Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
No, Pogba is a very unique player, he's the new Paul Pogba. Zidane never had Pogbas athleticism.

I think if your to compare Pogba to someone's it's peak Yaya Toure, great touch and control, ability to just skip past players and score from distance and very strong and powerful. Both much better with a designated holding midfielder next to them.

Hopefully he develops Yayas goal scoring, as he was like Lampard in that aspect.
Pogba has a lot more grace and "silk" to his game than Yaya. Yaya was more a bulldozer type who gets out of tight situations using his brute strength and athleticism; Pogba in the same type of situation uses his skills and close control, a lot like Zidane.

Schneckerl

There's a huge gap in experience but there really isn't one in ability.
What makes you think Pogba is so much more talented than Loftus-Cheek?
it's really close
at the same age one was a key player for one of the best sides in europe, the other just got shipped off to Crystal Palace

Classical Mechanic

I really believe the RLC will prove himself to be a top top player within a couple of years. He doesn't have the attacking qualities of PP but is better defensively. Silly to compare him to PP at this point though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No huge gap in quality between Ruben Loftus Cheek and Paul Pogba? Brilliant. Comedy club.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
Should be given the goal. He's been a little hot and cold this first half but his passing is something that's underrated when compared to other top midfielders. He's definitely improved from last season where I feel he wasn't as involved in the final third

Stacks

I was watching some videos on Zidane and just wanted to pose the question - is Pogba the new Zidane? They have extremely similar playing styles; silky touches, dribbling in tight spaces, creativity, pin point passing from midfield. This wasn't the first time I've thought this of Pogba as there have been a couple of times this season where his performances drew comparisons to Zidane in my mind.
No, No and No. He has nothing of the understanding of the game Zidane had. Pogba is like a kid who has skills. Zidane makes the whole team play better. A true leader. Obviously its difficult because Pogba is 24 and Zidane played long ago but I just don't see how they are comparable. Zidane made the team function and play better, so it was hard for him to hide.

Stacks

Should be given the goal. He's been a little hot and cold this first half but his passing is something that's underrated when compared to other top midfielders. He's definitely improved from last season where I feel he wasn't as involved in the final third
His passing is his strongest aspect. The passing is much better than the shooting

luke511

That Zidane-like ability of weaving through players in the middle is such an asset.

NinjaFletch

I still think we're in a bit of a situation with Pogba where he's not defensively disciplined enough to play in a midfield 2 and doesn't quite offer enough to be the attacking threat in a midfield three.

Dobbs

Yeah he had a shocker today.

That one pass he overhit to Lukaku near the end. So frustrating.

shield

Was very poor today. Think he was tired because he played a lot of minutes for the NT. Jose should have rested him and played Carrick.

Minimalist

Didn't think he was shit but I'm pretty sure he's there to offer a bit more going forward and he did awfully little today.

el3mel

Meh game for him. People trying to convince us to play 4-3-3 just for the sake of him used to play in 3 men midfield in Juve. He was better the previous 3 games with Matic alone.

SER19

He really needs a big performance in a game we need one from him

FromTheBench

He was shit today.

Some.of that loitering leaving the middle of the park exposed is so irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.