Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

Didn't watch most of the 2nd and some of the first, how was he?
2 assists says it all. And not merely the 'last random pass to scorer' type assist. Was the legit creator type assist. Knows to commit his man before laying off perfectly weighted passes

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Has been impeccable since his return. No more complaints from me. Red was bullshit in my view.

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely brilliant. Our best outfield player. So good that it's a true shame most people will now talk about that red card.
Yep.

I thought he was awesome, they couldn't get near him. So strong and some of his passing and flicks and tricks were incredible.

Such a blow to lose him for 3 games.

AshRK

only if we had another Pogba type player in our squad we would have won the league. 90 Million looks a bargain now. It was so fitting if him to perform against Arsenal who thought Xhaka was better than him. Lol Xhaka is not fit to lace Pogba's boot.

Will miss him next week though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He plays like a man against boys at times. Makes things look so easy. Had no right to brush past Koscielny that easily.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Is it fair to say that Pogba has shown his quality this season? A fantastic performance at the Emirates is a rarity isnt it?

Reiver

He was brilliant but his red card is nothing short of a disaster for us. Without him we are seriously underpowered in midfield.

Robert

Top draw performance from him today.

Not going to vilify him for the card or allow it to cloud my feelings of his overall contribution.

I'm of the opinion that the severity of the card was pretty unjust. He was very much in full flow, he overreached and the opposition was in a unnatural position, I don't think there was much malicious intent.

I also get that there doesn't have to be intent but it was unusual coming together in a blink. The replays make it look far far worse.

Last edited:

RedStarUnited

There was a touch in the first half near the left wing, I think it was from a Young ball. He took it down and turned with the same touch - man it was amazing.

If anyone has a gif

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
City, Bournemouth and West Brom.

feck.
At least he can play 90 minutes vs CSKA - only bit of football he's going to play for a while.

criticalanalysis

Was very good in the 1st half but very indisciplined in the 2nd half (probably why Mourinho was calling at him?) and then produced a great bit of skill and composure to lay it on a plate for Lingard.

My problem was that he's simply not a defensive-first player so having him in a two with an adventurous 10 in front of him is a bad idea. At 2-1, he was almost playing as a striker right next to Lukaku at times with Lingard (someone who is a good reader of the game and will do the dog work) being smart and covering.

That's not a slight of Pogba, he should be free roaming the way he does, I just hope Mourinho recognises this and makes him the focal point of our play by giving him less to burden.

el3mel

His assists number above should increase to 6 with the 2 assists against Arsenal.

BTW that was his number of assists during the whole last season. Sweet. Players are finally finishing chances he's creating.

Dobbs

Was very good in the 1st half but very indisciplined in the 2nd half (probably why Mourinho was calling at him?) and then produced a great bit of skill and composure to lay it on a plate for Lingard.

My problem was that he's simply not a defensive-first player so having him in a two with an adventurous 10 in front of him is a bad idea. At 2-1, he was almost playing as a striker right next to Lukaku at times with Lingard (someone who is a good reader of the game and will do the dog work) being smart and covering.

That's not a slight of Pogba, he should be free roaming the way he does, I just hope Mourinho recognises this and makes him the focal point of our play by giving him less to burden.
Agree with you. Surprised a few rated him so highly.

Had some lovely moments but was all over the shop defensively. A bit lazy at times, epitomized by how he passed Ramsay on for their goal. He's probably not fully fit yet though.

MadMike

But he does have the freedom to roam 99% of the time. Matic is the one sitting protecting the back 3. Obviously when you're already leading a tight game away form home against rivals, the manager is going to ask you to pay attention to the team shape first and foremost. And he'd be absolutely right to.

I'm not sure what you mean by "giving him less to burden". He's not a striker, he's a CM. He has to have some discipline and awareness to sit when when his midfield partner is out of position and to attack when the break is on and Matic is covering him.

ManuMou

a basic summary of his season so far: so close and yet so far from being imperious.

Injury/Redcard are very very frustrating as it keeps disrupting our rhythm.

Not completely his fault but it is what it is.
Exactly.

We started the season so well banging in 4 goals, again and again, with Pogba on form, then he injured.

Now that he is back, on form again, and we have been playing well since then, banging in 12 goals in 4 PL games, averaging 3 goals/game, then red carded.

IMO !

rio's upper lip

We have our attacking swagger back, sort of, and then he goes and makes himself unavailable for the crunchiest of crunch games.

A Matic - Herrera/Matic midfield doesn't inspire much confidence, and we need to make our chances count next week. Won't create too many of them sans Pogba, I fear.

OldTrevil

Majestic performance, that red was unlucky he had already committed for the ball and even got to it. We'll be fine against city, his absence decreases our ability on the counter but other guys must step up.

Eddy_JukeZ

Agree with you. Surprised a few rated him so highly.

Had some lovely moments but was all over the shop defensively. A bit lazy at times, epitomized by how he passed Ramsay on for their goal. He's probably not fully fit yet though.
This is more-so Mourinho's fault imo.

We were outnumbered in central midfield. He should have brought on Herrera sooner.

I'm not saying that Pogba is faultless, but Mourinho didn't do him or Matic any favors. They were almost playing 2vs4 in central areas at times.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Fecking stupid. Winning by 2 goals with city next and he goes to do that. Should never have gone in for that 50-50. Not in those offensive positions when we are already winning.
He was running in a straight line and Bellerin made an unpredictable tackle. There is no way Pogba could anticipate Bellerin to lunge backwards while he's on the floor.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is there a stronger player on the ball than him in the league? Rather, anyone who manages to use their body as effectively as him? He comes across as genuinely impossible to tackle in a 50/50. Moussa Dembele of Spurs might be an honourable mention.

A-man

What is the praxis in PL for an “ironic applause”? In some leagues you get two extra games suspension because of that. He was so good last game, really sad to see him sent off, even though I think it was the right call by the ref.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Has been impeccable since his return. No more complaints from me. Red was bullshit in my view.
Absolutely agree. fecking ridiculous position for that lad to have his leg, not Pogba's fault he thought he was saving a boundary. Plus he got the ball!

Great player, and I just hope Fellaini can fill the gap against City.

saivet

Defensively left many gaps, but he was absolutely class on the ball and a big reason why we were so threatening going forward. I think Mourinho needs to take a different approach vs City otherwise I think it will be like Liverpool or Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.