Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think it was deliberate too. He could have pulled out of it but he didn't. Silly. Surely he knew it was going to be a 50/50 call for the red and we've the huge 6 point city match coming up He's playing really well this season and we really need him for games like city. His name not on the team sheet is one less big worry for pep. Let's hope our plan B isn't the same as when pogba got injured!

Nick7

Jesus christ if you think that was deliberate you should probably just stop watching the sport.

Ban

Weird thing is I've seen multiple posts in matchday thread about how bad he is tonight.

Shark

@NotShark
We’re going to really miss him against City. Someone needs to step up, big time.

AndyJ1985

He's amazing and has absolutely insane skill. My only criticism is sometimes he is too casual.

ManUtd1999

Good second half, and good to see him producing even when he’s not playing great.

Baxter

Thought he shocking in the first half, bar the pass to Lukaku. Was getting frustrated with himself too.

Second half, brilliant.

Fluctuation0161

I think it was deliberate too. He could have pulled out of it but he didn't. Silly. Surely he knew it was going to be a 50/50 call for the red and we've the huge 6 point city match coming up He's playing really well this season and we really need him for games like city. His name not on the team sheet is one less big worry for pep. Let's hope our plan B isn't the same as when pogba got injured!
No way was that deliberate. I’d have no issue calling Pogba silly if it was. Bellerin made a tackle with his knee on the ground and didn’t get the ball. Where else could Pogba have gone!? Harsh decision and bad luck more than anything for me.

Eddy_JukeZ

Yeah I think he was loose at times. Looked fatigued towards the end.

But some brilliant moments. His pass to Shaw in the 1st half was weighted perfectly. Shame we didn't score from it.

A huge miss for the derby.

el3mel

World class. That's why you don't say he's bad, because even in his worst day he can create something out of nowhere.

His numbers this season is great. We'll miss him a lot in the derby in our counter attacking system.

AngliaRed

World class even when playing in 3rd gear!

Everyones said it all week but feck we’re gonna struggle to break through city’s midfield without him!

Barnslig

Weird thing is I've seen multiple posts in matchday thread about how bad he is tonight.
He wasn't very good, until he suddently turned on and produced a couple moments of brilliance. Felt like he was whining a lot didnt work out for him, punching the grass, waving his arms around. Not his best game by any means

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Controversial opinion I know, and I love him, but I reckon we might be *slightly* better placed to win the citeh game without him.

For all his eloquence and brilliance, he's prone to lose possession cheaply which against citeh will be crucial not to do.

Also his high risk square passes that he whips around in scary places at times and gets away with against average opposition, but against a top attacking side he'll cause risk.

Maybe I'm just trying to see the silver lining, but I honestly do think for that specific game itself, we *might* be better placed without him.

Last edited:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
@GifLord

Not sure if you're in the mood for requests. But if you are: that backheel nutmeg/dribble + the pass. Somewhere around minute 68:20 if my memory works properly. Broadcasters should be sued for not showing a replay.

Ban

He wasn't very good, until he suddently turned on and produced a couple moments of brilliance. Felt like he was whining a lot didnt work out for him, punching the grass, waving his arms around. Not his best game by any means
Don't agree. He was good in the 1st.

cyberman

The presenter on tv3 is calling Souness out on his Pogba hate lol.
Fantastic stuff

Greck

Controversial opinion I know, and I love him, but I reckon we might be *slightly* better placed to win the citeh game without him.

For all his eloquence and brilliance, he's prone to lose possession cheaply which against citeh will be crucial not to do.

Also his high risk square passes that he whips around in scary places at times and gets away with against average opposition, but against a top attack side he'll cause risk.

Maybe I'm just trying to see the silver lining, but I honestly do think for that specific game itself, we *might* be better placed without him.
You'll change your tune when you see just how bad we are at moving the ball out of defence when he's out. Our only midfielder whose first instinct under pressure isn't to pass to a defender

haram

Don't think he was that good today, great pass for Lukaku though.

Devil may care

Some majestic stuff tonight, he's a joy to watch.

Also his high risk square passes that he whips around in scary places at times and gets away with against average opposition, but against a top attack side he'll cause risk.

Nah, we might have a higher risk of losing due to him taking risks on the ball, but we have a much higher chance of actually taking 3 points if he'd been in the side.

Hojoon

He did lose the ball a few times but I don't remember any of them being in dangerous positions. His positives outweighed the negatives tonight.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surprised to read so many thought he had a good game tonight, I was at the game and thought he was shite

Status
Not open for further replies.