Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Neil Lennon and Souness heads are gone here.
Feck it, sell Pogba.
I'm convinced.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't like how he can be such a diva, shouting at the ref and wanting certain FKs to be given to him. It feels like a waste of his energy. At times it's because he's created a difficult situation by himself. At other time he can deliver passes like that assist :drool:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Controversial opinion I know, and I love him, but I reckon we might be *slightly* better placed to win the citeh game without him.

For all his eloquence and brilliance, he's prone to lose possession cheaply which against citeh will be crucial not to do.

Also his high risk square passes that he whips around in scary places at times and gets away with against average opposition, but against a top attack side he'll cause risk.

Maybe I'm just trying to see the silver lining, but I honestly do think for that specific game itself, we *might* be better placed without him.
You're not talking complete nonsense. But the alternatives really aren't up to scratch. We've seen our record with and without him. Our general play suffers. We barely create anything without his composure and arrogance on the ball.

Rajma

He was notably tired and could barely run by the end of the game, he played non stop after his injury again, and that red card might actually work to our advantage if we manage to get past City without losing points so he can jump in our busy schedule well rested.

RedStarUnited

Compare the BBC sites description of KDB pass on sunday and Pogbas today you would think Pogba squared a simple ball.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
I cant think of one player in the world who could do that with 3 men around him and facing his own goal.

Insane strength and incredible skill
I can think of one, Zlatan. Pogba remind me of young Zlatan.

Abhinav

Even though he didn't have his best game today, his presence totally transformed our attack. His creativity and drive really help us move up the pitch at speed. Without him, I am concerned about our attacking fluency against City. Mourinho will really have to weave his magic to make up for his qualities.

SambaBoy

Probably one of his worst games of the season but yet still gets a top assist and produces some key moments. Played too many tired passes and got caught in possession too many times.

Been mentioned here but if we can get past City (big IF) then the red card may be a blessing in disguise, gives him a proper break after busting a gut to get back and then playing non stop.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Surprised to read so many thought he had a good game tonight, I was at the game and thought he was shite
A couple of pieces of skill and people can forget the rest of the game. He's capable of far better than tonight's display. He spent the first half kicking the air in strops because he'd lost the ball.

Bratt

Weird thing is I've seen multiple posts in matchday thread about how bad he is tonight.
I know!
I participated for the first time in months/years(?) in the match thread today to try to spread some positivity, but I must’ve seen a different match than some of the posters in there.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A couple of pieces of skill and people can forget the rest of the game. He's capable of far better than tonight's display. He spent the first half kicking the air in strops because he'd lost the ball.
It's hardly the end of the world him having a bad game tonight but was genuinely surprised how perception of a player from someone at the game (me) was different to someone watching on the TV.

I'd be quite happy to be proven wrong though if he did play well tonight

Jacko21

His penchant for holding on to the ball and not releasing quickly enough, will forever irk me.

Until he stops doing it of course.:)

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think it was obvious that he was not in the game because it was a dead rubber, and he couldnt look forward to the City game. Its a performance of a player that will miss games that he could have influenced.

Bratt

He was notably tired and could barely run by the end of the game, he played non stop after his injury again, and that red card might actually work to our advantage if we manage to get past City without losing points so he can jump in our busy schedule well rested.
Blessing in disguise?

Brightonian

He disappeared in a strop for about twenty minutes straddling the half time break, but he was dominant in our impressive first half hour and came back into it again with some real exhibition stuff for the last most of the second half. Beautiful pass to Lukaku for the goal. And only profligate finishing from the forwards cost him another assist or two.

People are being overly harsh for his getting caught in possession quite a lot, failing to acknowledge that CSKA's shape was designed so that he was always double marked. That gave more space to Herrera and Mata, whose performances benefited as a result. It's also the reason it rarely seemed to hurt us when Pogba lost the ball - they were having to pull either Golovin or Dzagoev very deep to keep Pogba double marked, so they were rarely in dangerous enough areas if they did manage to turn over possession.

RedStarUnited

His penchant for holding on to the ball and not releasing quickly enough, will forever irk me.

Until he stops doing it of course.:)
His Ozil like insistence to go for an assist when there's a shooting chance to shoot irks me a lot more. More so because Ozil does that cos he can not shoot, Pogba has a powerful shot.

He should be shooting and scoring a lot more that he does from outside the box.

Womp

idiot
Those passes like the one he made for Lukaku's assist is going to be greatly missed against City.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
3 goals and 7 assists in 12 games. Ridiculously impressive numbers or a central midfielder.

predator

Youth NITK
I'd say the OT crowd tonight didn't think he performed that well. Numerous times were fans around me slating him for 'losing the ball' and tbh I agree that he wasn't as incredible as you'd expect a player worth 90m to be but his influence as a single player is astounding.
He has an aura about him which not only effects the opponents but also lifts his teammates.

vxlencia

This guy’s a freak of nature. He’s the most unique midfielder on the planet. No one plays like him. In terms of ability, how he manipulates the ball, the nonchalant effortless pings and vision, the frame and strength to casually out muscle everyone and anyone but yet still having the deftest of touches and quickness of feet - it’s inexplainable how much talent this guy oozes! What’s worse is he jogs around doing it!!

He always takes an extra touch and chooses the most difficult option 5/5 times - just because he can! (almost as if he’s bored or playing with mates) When all his peers would just go for the safe option. It happens so often, it’s so predictable that every touch he’ll try something. He’s just damn entertaining.

Man United have the most complete midfielder in the world in Pogba. Whether it’s Mou or someone else - a team needs to be built around this guy. Once he’s gone you won’t ever get this type of player again.

Honestly even on his bad days he has one or two moments of brilliance and he still entertains.

The only criticism I have is, I’ve not seen him boss a big game (he had a good game v Arsenal mind). But I could see him bossing big games if he was at city for example. So glad united have him. Really need one or two additions who are on his wave length and united will be unplayable.

buckooo1978

wasn't anywhere near his best obviously......that moment he found Lukaku and he held off that defender was the key moment in the game for us

that's what world class players do...moments of sheer class

lets hope Fellaini/Herrera and co can provide the quality

cletus7

This guy’s a freak of nature. He’s the most unique midfielder on the planet. No one plays like him. In terms of ability, how he manipulates the ball, the nonchalant effortless pings and vision, the frame and strength to casually out muscle everyone and anyone but yet still having the deftest of touches and quickness of feet - it’s inexplainable how much talent this guy oozes! What’s worse is he jogs around doing it!!

He always takes an extra touch and chooses the most difficult option 5/5 times - just because he can! (almost as if he’s bored or playing with mates) When all his peers would just go for the safe option. It happens so often, it’s so predictable that every touch he’ll try something. He’s just damn entertaining.

Man United have the most complete midfielder in the world in Pogba. Whether it’s Mou or someone else - a team needs to be built around this guy. Once he’s gone you won’t ever get this type of player again.

Honestly even on his bad days he has one or two moments of brilliance and he still entertains.

The only criticism I have is, I’ve not seen him boss a big game (he had a good game v Arsenal mind). But I could see him bossing big games if he was at city for example. So glad united have him. Really need one or two additions who are on his wave length and united will be unplayable.
Over complicating the game is not a talent. He needs to get more consistent and more sensible... then we’ll get more points/success.

Status
Not open for further replies.