g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
This guy’s a freak of nature. He’s the most unique midfielder on the planet. No one plays like him. In terms of ability, how he manipulates the ball, the nonchalant effortless pings and vision, the frame and strength to casually out muscle everyone and anyone but yet still having the deftest of touches and quickness of feet - it’s inexplainable how much talent this guy oozes! What’s worse is he jogs around doing it!!

He always takes an extra touch and chooses the most difficult option 5/5 times - just because he can! (almost as if he’s bored or playing with mates) When all his peers would just go for the safe option. It happens so often, it’s so predictable that every touch he’ll try something. He’s just damn entertaining.

Man United have the most complete midfielder in the world in Pogba. Whether it’s Mou or someone else - a team needs to be built around this guy. Once he’s gone you won’t ever get this type of player again.

Honestly even on his bad days he has one or two moments of brilliance and he still entertains.

The only criticism I have is, I’ve not seen him boss a big game (he had a good game v Arsenal mind). But I could see him bossing big games if he was at city for example. So glad united have him. Really need one or two additions who are on his wave length and united will be unplayable.
That's precisely why we shouldn't play him as a deep lying midfielder. We're attempting to merge fire with water.

Andersons Dietician

You know what he is brilliant and some of the things he can do Just astonish but he’s getting back to a bit of that abandoning midfield like he did last year. At 1 point he had just left McTominay to hold down midfield himself. I think the others need to become a bit more aware of when he isn’t tracking back or busting a gut to get back in. Kept happening vs Arsenal and happened again tonight and sooner or later we’ll get punished for it.

That pass on his left tho to Lukaku and then that one after the back heel drag to megs. That pass is incredible to spot it so quickly.

The Irish Connection

Neil Lennon and Souness heads are gone here.
Feck it, sell Pogba.
I'm convinced.
Very annoying listening to them. Alright Pogba drifts all over the place and can neglect his defensive positioning especially in games like tonight, but that's part of the magic.
Some of the the things he does are pure class. He just needs to be consistent throughout games and keep influencing.
Don't like tv3 and Souness.

The Irish Connection

Btw mate, I don't suppose anyone asked you for a bit of skill in the Arsenal game? It was a touch from Pogba like the famous Zidane one. Was about 42/43 minutes into the game.
Oh Jesus, that was unreal! It annoyed me that there was no replay of it on tv and the commentators didn't even notice. Delighted to see the gif! Very zidane-like

The Irish Connection

This guy’s a freak of nature. He’s the most unique midfielder on the planet. No one plays like him. In terms of ability, how he manipulates the ball, the nonchalant effortless pings and vision, the frame and strength to casually out muscle everyone and anyone but yet still having the deftest of touches and quickness of feet - it’s inexplainable how much talent this guy oozes! What’s worse is he jogs around doing it!!

He always takes an extra touch and chooses the most difficult option 5/5 times - just because he can! (almost as if he’s bored or playing with mates) When all his peers would just go for the safe option. It happens so often, it’s so predictable that every touch he’ll try something. He’s just damn entertaining.

Man United have the most complete midfielder in the world in Pogba. Whether it’s Mou or someone else - a team needs to be built around this guy. Once he’s gone you won’t ever get this type of player again.

Honestly even on his bad days he has one or two moments of brilliance and he still entertains.

The only criticism I have is, I’ve not seen him boss a big game (he had a good game v Arsenal mind). But I could see him bossing big games if he was at city for example. So glad united have him. Really need one or two additions who are on his wave length and united will be unplayable.
Well said! He really is a unique player, he had Souness and Lennon confused on tv3 about what kind of a midfield player he is with him popping up a lot on the wings. I think it's great to watch him playing with that freedom, but definitely, in the big games he'll need to keep it a bit more disciplined and simple at times.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
It didn't look like an awkward coming together to me, Pogba in my eyes had time enough to change his foot's course in that collision.
Absurd. You've watched it in super slow motion. Pogba never does anything dirty and his team was in complete control (and even when his team isn't Pogba is generally well tempered). Absolutely no reason to stamp on Bellerin. There was probably less than 0.5 seconds for him to react to the new position that Bellerin left his leg in. No way that was intentional and it's laughable that some people are claiming that it was. Very unlucky. It wasn't even reckless. Players go after balls in that way 100s of times a game. Bellerin's tackle a few seconds earlier on Young was far more reckless.

gormless

Bold sentence is untrue. History shows that he’s already gone once and we got exactly the same person back.

criticalanalysis

A Youtuber editor's dream.

Just play him in a three with his further/roaming midfielders behind. Build our core around him. He is simply not a midfield two player.

Fridge chutney

He is a beautiful player. Probably the most technically gifted and naturally aware player on our team.

Matst1

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...l-pogbas-absence-for-sundays-manchester-derby

Neville's take on Pogba's absence is just about bang on as to why I don't think we'll get anything out of the City game.
I think we'll be ok, may not win, but wont lose. I watched their last two games, they're fatigued a bit more now, West Ham especially, they almost got something out of the game and we are a lot better than West Ham, and we're at home. Its a good time to be playing them, off the back of a long flight, us having an extra days rest.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Over complicating the game is not a talent. He needs to get more consistent and more sensible... then we’ll get more points/success.
3 goals and 7 assists in 12 games and he doesn't play as a number ten. Your expectations of him needs to be more sensible.

laplacian

I understand hating on Lingard, on Valencia, Lindelof, Pogba, or even Martial and Rashford, but Pogba? He is literally (well technically not) carrying the team on his back. "Pogba over-complicates things too much!!!"

Seriously?!!! I'm so glad he is in our team despite there being better options for him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I understand hating on Lingard, on Valencia, Lindelof, Pogba, or even Martial and Rashford, but Pogba? He is literally (well technically not) carrying the team on his back. "Pogba over-complicates things too much!!!"

Seriously?!!! I'm so glad he is in our team despite there being better options for him.
But you can understand why.

Borden

3 goals and 8 assists in 12 appearances. World class.
That's an incredible return for a player who's very much a box-to-box CM, but I'm not surprised. He would've had bucketloads of assists and goals last year too if not for the post and his team mates missing a ridiculous amount of chances. I expected him to reach a total of 30 goals and assists this season, and he seems on course to achieve that even though he's been injured (and now suspended) for almost half our games so far.

cyberman

Souness dismissed those stats like they were nothing..but he's a Manchester Utd player he said as if that's any sort of counter argument.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That game sums Pogba up in a nutshell really, he can be having an "OK" game and still produce moments of world class ability.

That pass to Lukaku on his weak foot was so perfectly weighted, a really tricky angle to get right also.

He's just got that X factor that the squad lacks, many others would of just played that ball wide or square, but he goals for the throat.

MuranoLover

Pogba , hope you make a new Insta video today showing how have you been dancing cause it is obvious you might better try in a circus than rely on you

Zoo

Pogba , hope you make a new Insta video today showing how have you been dancing cause it is obvious you might better try in a circus than rely on you
Don’t bump the thread with this rubbish.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Feck me, the difference with and without Pogba is like night and day. Such a shame he couldn't play today.

Paul778

Not able to watch but it sounds like one of those games where a player gets better by not playing.

Sigh

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not able to watch but it sounds like one of those games where a player gets better by not playing.

Sigh
Firstly, you’re not able to watch and judge our play without him but you still think you’re qualified to give a sarcy opinion?

Secondly, our play with and without him is night and day.

dichinero

On your way back Paul, get yourself a solid back brace because the manager and the rest of the boys need some carrying for the rest of the season.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Our attacking play improves two-fold with him in the team. Against Bournemouth we had several counter attacks that died because we were lacking someone with composure on the ball.

Canagel

Because he's actually that good? Have you seen the difference he makes to the team when he does play? Ridiculous comment, really.
It's incredible because you expect a big club like United to be able to deal with the absence of 1 player. I'm actually praising him not criticizing.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
It's incredible because you expect a big club like United to be able to deal with the absence of 1 player. I'm actually praising him not criticizing.
I agree with you on that one. We are over reliant on him, which isn't a good sign.

Eddy_JukeZ

We are a nothing side without him.

While this is great on 1 hand, because Pogba is clearly exceptional despite the stupid criticism of him - We clearly need to rectify this in the summer window somehow. Our team shouldn't fall apart, because our best player is missing.

el3mel

We have turned into a one man team, sadly enough.

Any player in our side can be replaced from the bench except him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We have turned into a one man team, sadly enough.

Any player in our side can be replaced from the bench except him.
Its not really a one man team. Most top teams have a talisman that they rely on in difficult situations. Ronaldo and Messi are the obvious ones, but Robben used to be like that for Bayern, Hazard for Chelsea.

We aren't a shambles without Pogba, we can grind out results without him, but we can't beat top teams without him because of his impact.

el3mel

Its not really a one man team. Most top teams have a talisman that they rely on in difficult situations. Ronaldo and Messi are the obvious ones, but Robben used to be like that for Bayern, Hazard for Chelsea.

We aren't a shambles without Pogba, we can grind out results without him, but we can't beat top teams without him because of his impact.
The problem is on missing him, we don't have any other one to compensate for that. Most other big teams have their talisman but at the same time they have other players that can still fire and compensate. We're like Chelsea at the moment, who are also very reliant on Hazard.

We need to add at least another elite player to the squad that can hold the team when we miss Pogba, or vice verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.