Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
He didn’t tackle much at Juve did he. Or am I reading that wrong.

ash_86

Probably not as much as he was playing quite a advanced role , behind the strikers most of the time.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
12 appearances, 3 goals, 8 assists. His productivity has been immense. Pity about the injury and red card. Completely different team when he plays.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fantastic article.

This season, Pogba has registered 1.04 touches per minute; nobody else at Old Trafford breaks the 1.00 barrier. His 0.81 passes per minute is also the highest of any United player. These are both to be expected, but Pogba has also attempted shots at a rate virtually identical (one every 27.9 mins vs 28.5 mins) to Romelu Lukaku. He has completed dribbles at a virtually identical rate (one per 31.1 mins vs 31.0 mins) to Anthony Martial too. Pogba does not just bridge the gap between midfield and attack; he is the midfield and attack.
“He is, of course, a great player, but sometimes with natural ability, some players think that is enough,” said Andrea Pirlo after leaving Juventus for MLS. “That’s not the case with him. You are getting a player with a great attitude. He wants to be the best in the world, he wants to learn off the coaches and the senior players. He is hungry to be the best.”

There is nothing particularly new in this dominance, of course. In his autobiography, Claudio Marchisio described Pogba as the most complete player he had ever played alongside, despite their association at Juventus ending when the Frenchman was just 23. “He’s tall, has good pace, he’s physically impressive and has unique technique for someone of his size,” Marchisio wrote. And Pogba is getting more and more influential as seasons pass.
These bits are just awesome.

VanGaalEra

He's just a special and unique talent and the only people who can't see that are miserable bastards who hate people dancing and having haircuts.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Aye, it's hard to believe that some still can't see what he brings to the team. He's insanely good and when he doesn't play we are far worse off when he isn't playing.
Yeah, it's so obvious. His passing and ability on the ball is just awesome. Can't wait to watch him play again.

Robbie Boy

He's just a special and unique talent and the only people who can't see that are miserable bastards who hate people dancing and having haircuts.
Problem is, some strange folk decided when he was signed that he was 'overrated' or whatever, and instead of actually watching what he brings to the team, they created shit threads about him and were determined to score internet points by being 'right' and being able to say 'told you so'. This is despite the fact that they have actually been proven completely and utterly wrong, but hey, it's good to make shit up to suit your agenda. I would imagine fans of most other teams would love to have Pogba, but yeah, some on here are just plain strange.

Robbie Boy

That 'elephant in the room' thread was genuinely an absolute abomination and says it all about the mentality of some people.

Darkhorsez

So excited to possibily see him in action again today. We all agree on his immense talent and outstanding performances. He performs as a “conductor” for our team linking defence to offence. He brings a winning mentality to the team and his presence elevates other players performances too. Simply incredible and why we just don’t click as well when he is not in the team.

VanGaalEra

Problem is, some strange folk decided when he was signed that he was 'overrated' or whatever, and instead of actually watching what he brings to the team, they created shit threads about him and were determined to score internet points by being 'right' and being able to say 'told you so'. This is despite the fact that they have actually been proven completely and utterly wrong, but hey, it's good to make shit up to suit your agenda. I would imagine fans of most other teams would love to have Pogba, but yeah, some on here are just plain strange.
That's also a factor, as well as attention seeking.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I thought he was overrated when we signed him but he changed my mind in two or three matches. Our most important player and it's not even a contest right now. I'm not sure how people can think otherwise.

Robbie Boy

I thought he was overrated when we signed him but he changed my mind in two or three matches. Our most important player and it's not even a contest right now. I'm not sure how people can think otherwise.
That's the thing; there's no harm in anyone who thought he was overrated when we signed him. It's the ones that continued / continue to push their agenda despite all the evidence to the contrary. I seen a post in a thread the other day and a poster listed 5 players that they would keep and Pogba wasn't on the list; when a-few posters pulled them up on this, the response was along the lines of "not too bothered about him, he can be replaced". I mean, what the actual feck.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He is on De Bryune's level.
Cue hate from United supporting City fanboys.
He absolutely is. If he hadn’t missed all those games through injury/suspension he’d be getting talked about in the same way. Or maybe not actually, since the media can’t stop drooling over City.

edgar allan

There is truth in that, but he was inconsistent for long periods last season and underperformed in some big games yet many on the other extreme were trying to tell us that he was performing at a world class standard.
He was a joy to watch at the start of the season but due to injury and suspension he wasn't available in the big games where we would hope to see that he is not just an excellent player but a player than motivate and inspire the team performances when we really need it.

edgar allan

He absolutely is. If he hadn’t missed all those games through injury/suspension he’d be getting talked about in the same way. Or maybe not actually, since the media can’t stop drooling over City.
If he had been fit for the big games against our rivals and put the kind of performances in that De Bryune has against the best players then that would support the comparison.
There will of course be plenty of big games next year for Pogba to demonstrate how good he can be.

rampo

Thanks for sharing. The below bit is astonishing really

That statistic is astounding. Since the 4-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge, on Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea return and when Manchester United’s defence held out for 30 seconds before conceding, Pogba has started 41 Premier League games. He was won 27 and drawn the other 14. Without him starting, Manchester United have lost five and drawn six of their 18 league games.

Greck

People can blame the media for Pogba's poor perception but we the united fans have to take some blame. We didn't exactly rate and appreciate his impact last season (elephant thread anyone?)

Part was us not really understanding and trying to decipher what his game really was about and the other part of it was him trying too hard to justify his price tag. Would go from pinging difficult long passes to overhitting easy ones and dallying on the ball too long. Have actually considered the possibility Mourinho tells his deeper midfielders to slow down tempo because this is something I'm seeing in Matic this season.

You can also tell a lot of players don't know how dangerous Pogba is as well. Prime example was Koscielny closing him down on our 3rd goal as if he was closing Chris smalling. Never imagined he'd get rolled off so easily by quick footwork

Reactions: Penna

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
If he had been fit for the big games against our rivals and put the kind of performances in that De Bryune has against the best players then that would support the comparison.
There will of course be plenty of big games next year for Pogba to demonstrate how good he can be.
He did destroy Arsenal you know? Like a couple of weeks ago

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Brilliant player who got judged to harshly last season due to expectations and price tag. For me and I watched 99% of the home games live he was streets ahead of Herrera who got our POY.

Dec9003

Imagine a midfield 3 of Pogba-Matic-KDB :drool:
It would certainly be something! Looking at that midfield we're not actually a million miles away from matching City's. If we got another really top quality creative player to go along side Pogba and Matic (like Silva does for City) then I genuinely think we'd be able to match them when we play them next.
It's just finding this midfielder is an extrordonariy difficult thing to do.

Dec9003

Pogba has really turned it around for me this season. I will quite happily hold my hands up and say last season I couldn't be more wrong when I criticised him.
Last season he obviously didn't play as well as he has this season, but I never expected he'd reach the level he has so quickly.
That 89 million seems almost like a bargain really.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Thank feck he's back. Hopefully no more injuries or suspensions and he can continue to stamp his authority on the team, potentially starting tonight.

Bristol 2:1 Man Utd

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Every time people start praising him between the games or when he is out injured, I always wonder if I actually watch the same player. Tons of potential, and excellent to watch when on form, but still nowhere near world class player some like to show him as. He still has far too many basic flaws to be regarded as high as many want it here. Eventually, I hope and I think he'll get there, but people seriously overrate him at the moment, it has to be said.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Isn't this just you doing the 'I was right' thing...? I mean, why are you on about this now?

I was someone who totally doubted him, I felt that we'd wasted 90m and I felt that way because of his awful performances against citeh and the dippers. I didn't say it to be 'interesting' or get attention, I said it because it was my honest opinion.

Now he's my favourite United player to watch, I think he's the best midfielder in the PL and I'm so glad I was wrong.

But I meant how I felt last season, and sometimes it's just that different people have different opinions to you - it isn't that they're all WUMs (though lots are - especially this season I think).

Paul_Scholes18

He has had a poor half. Gave the ball away almost costing us a goal. Make some nice turns at times and you see his potential, but not much have worked this half apart from a very nice ball to Rashford that was wrongly called for offisde. Good to have him back though! Just hope we can get him back in good form soon enough cause we need him to perform.

Gbenger

Every time people start praising him between the games or when he is out injured, I always wonder if I actually watch the same player. Tons of potential, and excellent to watch when on form, but still nowhere near world class player some like to show him as. He still has far too many basic flaws to be regarded as high as many want it here. Eventually, I hope and I think he'll get there, but people seriously overrate him at the moment, it has to be said.
Don’t be ridiculous. He hasn’t been at his usual level this match or we’d be at least 2 goals up. He’s obviously quite rusty due to the matches he missed and we are playing a weakened team too such he has much less room for error.

He’ll get back to his best soon enough and you’ll eat your words.

Robbie Boy

Isn't this just you doing the 'I was right' thing...? I mean, why are you on about this now?

I was someone who totally doubted him, I felt that we'd wasted 90m and I felt that way because of his awful performances against citeh and the dippers. I didn't say it to be 'interesting' or get attention, I said it because it was my honest opinion.

Now he's my favourite United player to watch, I think he's the best midfielder in the PL and I'm so glad I was wrong.

But I meant how I felt last season, and sometimes it's just that different people have different opinions to you - it isn't that they're all WUMs (though lots are - especially this season I think).
I was specifically talking about the wums and some of the pathetic threads that have appeared. I also don't claim to be right about anything as I never said much when we signed him other than it was a very exciting signing. There's still posts on here with people questioning what he does. I'm sorry but that's mental.

No idea why you're so upset tbh.

AngliaRed

How did I know we would somehow manage to feck this up! Not even our 2nd string team! De gea & Matic missing yeah but the rest are all starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.