Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Very obscure thing to make up, these stories always tend to have truth attached. Enough said.
So the absolute worst case scenario is he overslept on one day? Sell him straight away obviously th only course of action. Nothing story to begin with.

Zoo

Very obscure thing to make up, these stories always tend to have truth attached. Enough said.
Even if it’s true who cares, Mourinho obviously doesn’t. I love how they dress this up as an amazing exclusive.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
So the absolute worst case scenario is he overslept on one day? Sell him straight away obviously th only course of action. Nothing story to begin with.
Even if it’s true who cares, Mourinho obviously doesn’t. I love how they dress this up as an amazing exclusive.
I actually agree, I don’t think it’s a big deal but the part about the senior players being frustrated with the younger ones behaviour does bother me a little. I want to get the impression the squad is doing everything they can to be the best, and I’m not really feeling that by watching them and stuff like this doesn’t exactly help.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I actually agree, I don’t think it’s a big deal but the part about the senior players being frustrated with the younger ones behaviour does bother me a little. I want to get the impression the squad is doing everything they can to be the best, and I’m not really feeling that by watching them and stuff like this doesn’t exactly help.
You've fallen for the bait. Pogba has probably overslept a few times since he's been signed, but they waited for the right time to publish the story so the narrative is better.

Paying attention to media (especially tabloids) is a waste of mental capital. What matters is performances and results. Pogba has improved as a player and is a key figure in our team. If he keeps going we'll finally have a replacement for Paul Scholes.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You've fallen for the bait. Pogba has probably overslept a few times since he's been signed, but they waited for the right time to publish the story so the narrative is better.

Paying attention to media (especially tabloids) is a waste of mental capital. What matters is performances and results. Pogba has improved as a player and is a key figure in our team. If he keeps going we'll finally have a replacement for Paul Scholes.
My point wasn’t really about Pogba. I love him as a player, it’s the rest I’m concerned about.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mourinho answers these rumours by making him Captain.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
My point wasn’t really about Pogba. I love him as a player, it’s the rest I’m concerned about.
Well this is the Pogba thread :D

But yeah, there are some in the squad that aren't up to scratch.

Leicester 2:2 Man Utd

Sgeorge

This Pogba, Matic partnership is not giving us any control. Definitely need a player like Fellaini in that midfield to allow Pogba more freedom and not leave any holes behind which is happening now.

Minimalist

I wish he would stop acting like a child. Especially when he's not pulling up any trees with his own play.

Hopefully a better second half to come.

Paul_Scholes18

Pogba is really terrible the last two games. Not sure what have happen with his form. He is very much up and down at times. Don't think Mourinho is helping him much. He is just not mentally up for it at the moment in terms of doing the right thing at the right time.

Hope he steps up and turn his game around in the second half.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pogba is really terrible the last two games. Not sure what have happen with his form. He is very much up and down at times. Don't think Mourinho is helping him much. He is just not mentally up for it at the moment in terms of doing the right thing at the right time.

?

Yeah Mourinho has really fecked him up by playing him in his favorite position.

Paul_Scholes18

?

I am talking in terms of tactical intstructions how he should move and what he should do in different situations. He got a lot of freedom and he look totally lost with it today. Sometimes he can be great with it, but today he just seem to have no clue when to do things.

luke511

Give it a rest

Jib

?

Pogba said that ? :confused:
Because i tought that his favorite position was as LCM in a midfield 3...

FromTheBench

He was off and on again today.

Also he maybe good at dressing room bonhomie and stuff but definitely isn't a leader on the pitch.

Canagel

Pogba should be playing further up the pitch. Like 1 poster mentioned he needs to have a free role on the pitch and when he does get the ball in dangerous areas we don't need to worry about being countered if there is another midfielder with Matic in there.

Eddy_JukeZ

Our players seem to have a habit of screwing up his great passes.

Why has his shooting regressed since coming here?

Bobski

Pogba should be playing further up the pitch. Like 1 poster mentioned he needs to have a free role on the pitch and when he does get the ball in dangerous areas we don't need to worry about being countered if there is another midfielder with Matic in there.
Playing him up the pitch turns him into a luxury player. Pogba should be the best box to box midfielder in the world, has all the tools to be a monster at both ends of the pitch. Thought he stepped up towards the back end of last season with his defensive play, but he has gone back to not tracking runners, wandering from his position, basically not working hard enough.

I think the debate what is his best position and what is his best role for the team is going to be a constant debate.

Treble

For a reason not clear to me, the defence is more shaky when Pogba plays. Stoke, Newcastle, Watford, Arsenal, Bristol, Leicester...All of them scored or could have easily scored 2 goals. City already have a better defensive record. Either it is easier to play through our midfield when Pogba starts or we are way more open and allow the opposition to create more chances.

el3mel

He had a terrible first half and very good second one. He's definitely not a leader as I thought him to be though.

Canagel

Playing him up the pitch turns him into a luxury player. Pogba should be the best box to box midfielder in the world, has all the tools to be a monster at both ends of the pitch. Thought he stepped up towards the back end of last season with his defensive play, but he has gone back to not tracking runners, wandering from his position, basically not working hard enough.

I think the debate what is his best position and what is his best role for the team is going to be a constant debate.
I like him in his current box to box role but pushing him up would make us even more dangerous. We need another creative box to box midfielder to make it work though. At Juventus he was playing with Pirlo who was a deep lying playmaker like Matic is now and Vidal as the other box to box midfielder. We don't have someone like that in the current squad and it would free up Pogba even more. Matic has definitely freed Pogba up this season but we are missing a trick because we can free him up even more so the job is half done in this regard.

Bobski

I like him in his current box to box role but pushing him up would make us even more dangerous. We need another creative box to box midfielder to make it work though. At Juventus he was playing with Pirlo who was a deep lying playmaker like Matic is now and Vidal as the other box to box midfielder. We don't have someone like that in the current squad and it would free up Pogba even more. Matic has definitely freed Pogba up this season but we are missing a trick because we can free him up even more so the job is half done in this regard.
That might be his best role. Could be that my perception of him is wrong and he is better suited to be an out and out attacker. Just feels like a waste to me, with his skill-set I see best all round midfielder in the world possibilities, as a 10 or an attacking midfielder I do not think you are fulling exploiting his ability. Can find other players to be that creative spark further up but dominant midfielders? Very few around, but he will have to show the appetite for that side of the game, at the moment he still has these immature self centered performances in him.

I am always harsh on Pogba because he is a generational talent.

criticalanalysis

This Pogba, Matic partnership is not giving us any control. Definitely need a player like Fellaini in that midfield to allow Pogba more freedom and not leave any holes behind which is happening now.
Said it dozens of times on these forums, a 2 man midfield will never give us control if we want to be a dominant football club in this era. Doesn't matter who is playing there.

I thought Pogba was chasing the game and popping all around the pitch because he wanted to get on the ball and make a difference. Between him and Matic there was basically minimal build up play from the defenders and forwards.

The back four including De Gea never push up further enough or have the intention to play the ball fast enough to give Matic and Pogba the ball further up the pitch. It's why those two come deep, otherwise they have to contend on Smalling making a forward pass or De Gea going long.

Despite the eagerness of Mata and Lingard to get involved, positionally speaking including Martial and Lukaku they are all in FRONT of the midfielders. It's no wonder we get overrun and opened up so easily in the middle.

Get Herrera there ffs and make Pogba our wonder playmaker. He's simply not a midfield two player and the system we play is sh|t for it too anyways.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some of his best games come when he keeps things simple. I just hate it when he has to showboat mode, like he has to prove he is the best and strongest on the ball.

Flames73

Criminal. Went hiding. He didn't look for the ball at all. Didn't take charge of the game. Was just waving others forward, and that included Jones. I would think he should be playing more like Matic did. Be the provider. Pogba is supposed to be the creative outlet, and captain. But he was invisible. I think I am most annoyed by him today, well maybe after Mkhi and Rashford.

He seems different these last two games. Captain burden? Problems with Jose? He just isn't looking for the ball anymore.

ManUtd1999

I honestly expect more of him. You know, some leadership (and not just because he is the captain).

Rajma

Criminal. Went hiding. He didn't look for the ball at all. Didn't take charge of the game. Was just waving others forward, and that included Jones. I would think he should be playing more like Matic did. Be the provider. Pogba is supposed to be the creative outlet, and captain. But he was invisible. I think I am most annoyed by him today, well maybe after Mkhi and Rashford.

He seems different these last two games. Captain burden? Problems with Jose? He just isn't looking for the ball anymore.
Yeah didn't understand that myself, saw him genuinely hiding and I'm a huge fan of his, definitely something is off in the background.

marktan

Unfair to criticise him because Rojo going off meant Matic essentially become our second defender, and Pogba had to drop deep often. Would've been far better to keep him up top as that's where he does the most damage. With hindsight a bad choice by Mou I think to drop Matic and Pogba back so deep.

Kazi

My two biggest criticisms of him:

• Doesn’t take hold of games
• The proportion of his long shots that actually go in is like 1%

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Unfair to criticise him because Rojo going off meant Matic essentially become our second defender, and Pogba had to drop deep often. Would've been far better to keep him up top as that's where he does the most damage. With hindsight a bad choice by Mou I think to drop Matic and Pogba back so deep.
No it’s not.

Status
Not open for further replies.