Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Agree to some extend that Pogba helps us to be more creative which we struggled without him, but we're not unrighteousness better since his current underwhelming form. We exposed ourselves, and Pogba ain't create at strong rate which can warrant us to outdo our PoPgba's) own undoings. Right now we're doing square one in progression. At least we're seeing more attacking is positive I guess
Nah, we haven't really been exposed. De Gea has made 0 saves in the last two games. We've conceded 4 goals because of some shoddy defending.

Jones against Leicester.
The debacle for the 2nd.
Lukaku for the first today.
Young giving away a stupid freekick and then the wall not bothering to jump - although, I wouldn't say this was bad defending to the same extent as those above.

Our defence has really let us down is recent games - going back to Watford, City and Bristol. We've made so many poor mistakes such as simple clearances being messed up and resulting in goals. However, in the two games Pogba has played since the suspension, we've created several chances, scored 4 goals, looked a threat on most occasions and also limited both teams to very few chances. In fact, Burnley barely threatened apart from the two goals.

dichinero

I think you've mixed myself up with yourself. You're on the side of "oh, it's not about results, it's about performances and attack this, attack that". I'm just happy with seeing progress - that's why I'm happy with Mourinhos job so far. Not over the moon but I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram after every game we drop points. You (and several others) quite clearly are driven by your agenda which makes this place so incredibly bitter.
You're the getting pained about this thing. No one has mentioned José in this discussion at all and you say people have an agenda. This is hilarious.

The discussion was simple, the pressure on Pogba was unnecessary in his absence. Simple discussion. End off. No criticism, nothing.

In your replies, you've introduced talk of agendas and Jose in a Pogba performance thread.

Di Maria's angel

You're the getting pained about this thing. No one has mentioned José in this discussion at all and you say people have an agenda. This is hilarious.

The discussion was simple, the pressure on Pogba was unnecessary in his absence. Simple discussion. End off. No criticism, nothing.

In your replies, you've introduced talk of agendas and Jose in a Pogba performance thread.
Ill leave your post here from all of 20 minutes ago:

It was people clutching at straws trying to find every excuse under the sun, and pile on pressure on one player.

Excuse for who?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
In terms of pure talent, as a single footballer, head and shoulders above the rest. Sadly, now that he has stepped up a level, the rest hasn't.

Mind you, thought we were more than decent against Burnley today. Shaw like Jesus coming out of that crypt.

Sylar

Hes at his best when he keeps it simple (if cross field pings to create chances counts as simple for him). Its when he tries to do everything himself where it crumbles, but I think its normally when we are losing (not winning). And part of me thinks he does that as he doesnt trust some of our players .

Witchking

Him and martial on their days are unplayable.

He was pretty good today but I expected more from him.

The midfield and the forward lines are not in sync which explains why pogba is forced to play wide and keep switching wings rather than keep the ball in the middle.

witchtrials

Does anyone have stats on Pogba's shots to goals ratio when he shoots from outside the box?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Hes at his best when he keeps it simple (if cross field pings to create chances counts as simple for him). Its when he tries to do everything himself where it crumbles, but I think its normally when we are losing (not winning). And part of me thinks he does that as he doesnt trust some of our players .
Would you trust them? I wouldn’t.

Dobbs

I think you've mixed myself up with yourself. You're on the side of "oh, it's not about results, it's about performances and attack this, attack that". I'm just happy with seeing progress - that's why I'm happy with Mourinhos job so far. Not over the moon but I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram after every game we drop points. You (and several others) quite clearly are driven by your agenda which makes this place so incredibly bitter.
What are you on about again? Why turn everything into Mourinho and agenda stuff.

The point was really simple. Pogba returning was never going to cure our problems. No one player can. Now he's back we've blatantly seen that. He's been in just ok form since his return. The team has been just ok as well. Nothing more to this discussion than that. On this occasion nobody is criticising the manager so you can stand down soldier.

Di Maria's angel

What are you on about again? Why turn everything into Mourinho and agenda stuff.

The point was really simple. Pogba returning was never going to cure our problems. No one player can. Now he's back we've blatantly seen that. He's been in just ok form since his return. The team has been just ok as well. Nothing more to this discussion than that. On this occasion nobody is criticising the manager so you can stand down soldier.
Read the post I quoted.

And as for Pogba, hes made a huge difference. Had it not been for some comical finishing, we would have scored 4 or 5 against Leicester. Even yesterday, amongst the emotional rage following a draw, we created enough to win the game. Lukaku and Jesse both missed sitters.

Also, we scored 3 goals in the 3 games he missed in the PL. And 4 goals in the last 2. Pogba has done his job, he hasnt been the problem this season. Poor finishing and shit defending have cost us 4 points recently.

United never give up

Everyone was going on about how all of our problems were linked to Pogba's absence, subsequently stating that "City would struggle just as much without De Bruyne etc.."

This isn't a slight on Pogba, who I believe is on the verge of World class, but it goes to show how players' reputations are often enhanced when out with injury. He's a top player, but he isn't going to magically solve our problems on his own. Very few CM's could.

Reactions: Penna

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The week after week performances of DeBruyne is so far ahead of Pogba, they can’t be included in the same bracket.

Or put another way, this is more what I expected from Pogba when he was signed for a world record transfer fee.

Instead Pogba is either out of form, absent or has some other excuse.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
The week after week performances of DeBruyne is so far ahead of Pogba, they can’t be included in the same bracket.

Or put another way, this is more what I expected from Pogba when he was signed for a world record transfer fee.

Instead Pogba is either out of form, absent or has some other excuse.
Debruyne is an attacking player Pogba isn’t. Comparing the two is rediculus. Comparing Mata or Miki to Debruyne and saying they aren’t in the same bracket fair.

Pogba has been great all year. He’s had games where he could have been better but he still contributed in a meaningful way.

There’s nothing he could do about his absences and he’s rarely out of form. I can’t wait to see his good form if this is his out of form play. Do you watch Paul play at all?

He's been very good all season. Our best player in all likelihood. I don't understand how some people think he's been poor. We seem to have regressed to last year's problems of having absolutely no movement in the forward line. His biggest skill is bringing the ball forward and picking out those runs and playing the passes. If our forwards are stood still, theres no space for him to bring the ball into. Every time our 10 drops to get the ball he compresses the space available for Pogba to move into. Likewise if there are no runs being made, he can't make the passes.

Defensively he's just ok but he's supposed to be a supporting act there, thats for Matic to worry about.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Everyone was going on about how all of our problems were linked to Pogba's absence, subsequently stating that "City would struggle just as much without De Bruyne etc.."

This isn't a slight on Pogba, who I believe is on the verge of World class, but it goes to show how players' reputations are often enhanced when out with injury. He's a top player, but he isn't going to magically solve our problems on his own. Very few CM's could.
I don't think anyone said we will magically win all the games with Pogba back, people said our performances will improve with Pogba and if you can't see the difference in chances created with and without Pogba then I don't think there is much we can debate on. We dropped points against Leicester and Burnely where we created so many chances.

Man Utd 0:0 Southampton

YankeeDevilDandy

Pogba is a unique talent. There isn't really anyone else in the world right now that compares with his combination of size, skill, and athleticism. Jose needs to devise a setup that takes better advantage of what he can do in the final 1/3. He just isn't a factor in enough goals and that boils down to the fact that he's basically being used as a defensive mid. Pogba's involvement is the offense is what this team needs to get to the next level.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Rooney-esque performance. Doing sweet feck all but the occasional cross-field pass will make a lot of people go sparkly-eyed.

Needs to fecking seriously up his game.

joleb

There is no doubt that Pogba is an amazing player, but why is he so absent today?

He isnt doing much, is he?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Could do with him stepping up here. Playing well within himself.

Camilo

Pogba is a unique talent. There isn't really anyone else in the world right now that compares with his combination of size, skill, and athleticism. Jose needs to devise a setup that takes better advantage of what he can do in the final 1/3. He just isn't a factor in enough goals and that boils down to the fact that he's basically being used as a defensive mid. Pogba's involvement is the offense is what this team needs to get to the next level.
100%. He's a great player, but he's playing a role fecking Cleverly would manage - it utterly defeats the point in playing him.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
His movement without the ball is not very good. His «on the ball»-qualities makes him a bit overrated as a player. Opposite of Lingard, maybe.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Should never be given the armband. People can debate the importance of captains but having a stroppy arse as captain helps no-one.

Jev

The best players show their class when it's needed the most. Pogba is a very talented player and has all the tools but he doesn't have that extra grit and determination that makes a great player. Disappointing to see him so timid in a game like this.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Well, he just saved Southampton some points. So there's that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can hardly blame him. If it weren't for him we'd be completely fecking shite!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Looks like it's hitting the post and coming back out to me.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Goalkeeper’s touch pushed it out further, it would’ve hit the bar I think.

Can’t really blame Pogba tbh, it’s a natural instinct

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Goalkeeper’s touch pushed it out further, it would’ve hit the bar I think.

Can’t really blame Pogba tbh, it’s a natural instinct
Gonna assume you meant post...

I think it would've probably just gone in. I'd certainly have been trying to make sure it did if I was Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.