g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Gonna assume you meant post...

I think it would've probably just gone in. I'd certainly have been trying to make sure it did if I was Pogba.
Yeah I don’t think it’s clear where it would’ve ended up, Pogba did what most would do.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If it weren't for him, we'd be 1-0 up.
Well no. If it weren't for him we'd be far worse off as a team. He might have made a mistake that cost us the game but at the end of the day he's the least of problems.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Well no. If it weren't for him we'd be far worse off as a team. He might have made a mistake that cost us the game but at the end of the day he's the least of problems.
I think our £100 million creative midfielder shuffling around the centre circle doing feck all is pretty high on our list of problems actually.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He looked knackered throughout that second half. Worryingly so.

Jev

He's the least of our problems in the sense that he's one of our best players.

But he's a big problem in the sense that he's one of our most underperforming players compared with their natural ability. We should expect twice as much from him at least.

Paxi

I think our £100 million creative midfielder shuffling around the centre circle doing feck all is pretty high on our list of problems actually.
What? He was probably the only player that was good today. You think we'd be better off without him?

Paxi

He's the least of our problems in the sense that he's one of our best players.

But he's a big problem in the sense that he's one of our most underperforming players compared with their natural ability. We should expect twice as much from him at least.
I don't think he's been that bad. I mean, he's not playing great but he certainly doesn't warrant criticism.

Bobski

Luxury player performance today. Stroking the ball around beautifully at times but when the team needed leadership and for a senior player to grab the game, nah.

Paxi

Is today's performance all you expect from Paul Pogba?

I expect the whole team to play better. The truth is he had a decent game in midfield. Had our attack any cohesion - Pogba wouldn't have been talked about.

Gee Male

I expect the whole team to play better. The truth is he had a decent game in midfield. Had our attack any cohesion - Pogba wouldn't have been talked about.
That's fair as a whole, but doesn't answer the question I asked.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Who the hell does he think he is? Stroking the ball around, walking around the pitch as if he’s something special, needs a kick up the arse. Absolutely useless from our supposed talisman.

lawliet354

He's being played too deep.
Because he's our only midfielder capable of dictating the play from deep as Herrera is very shite this season, agree that he should be playing more forward, such a shame that a lot of his passes ended up being wasted, that being said I expect a lot more than him today

el3mel

Very poor again. He has been completely our of form since the ban. No urgency in his play at all.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Meh, poor from him. Expect more from him, but we expect more from literally everyone who has signed for us since SAF left.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Way too deep today.
Simply way too deep, and not able to influence anything in the final third.

Paxi

That's fair as a whole, but doesn't answer the question I asked.
Well, of course I want him to play better! But it's not possible to play out of your skin every game is it? I mean he's got 9 assists and 3 goals this season despite being out for nearly 2 months. He's definitely the least of our problems IMO. So I just don't get it when people call him dumb because he tapped in a goal. It was a rash decision that he probably wouldn't have made had we not been desperately chasing a goal. Our problem is our attack as whole. Spurs put 5 past these cnuts with ease. We wouldn't be having this conversation at all if our team could play any football in the first place.

Jaybomb

This. There’s no excuse though. We expect more from him.

He needs to be used like Gerrard was.

He’s the least of our problems though. It’s stupid to moan about him considering he’s one of our only good players we’ve got.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Talented player but spineless. Wouldn't dream of stepping up in crises.

diplomat

Does anyone think he has improved even slightly since coming to the club? It doesn't seem so to me. Still the same problems and inconsistency in his game, unfortunately.

Making him captain is also, in my opinion. De Gea deserves it far more because of what he has done for Manchester United as a team, for example.

Bruce Wayne

It's obvious that teams will mark him tightly. Jose should have put Herrera to give Pogba more freedom to roam around.

Classical Mechanic

Team needs to be built round him. Playing that deeps costs us defensively because he doesn’t press, tackle or intercept enough and we lose 50%of what he is great at higher up the pitch.

Devil may care

Yep, his role today was to switch the play and to pass the ball into the final 3rd for the front 4, which he did well on several occassions, they just did nothing with it. He'll always be a liability defensively so people complaining about that at this point is like moaning about water being wet.

Paxi

Did anything in my posts suggest that? No.

I said he seriously needs to up his game.
Fair enough.

As for seriously needing to up his game, I'd say whole teams bad form is reflecting on him. I'd expect him to drag us out of this mess by himself but sadly I dont think he is a leader. So it's probably not worth waiting on him to do that.

Walters_19_MuFc

Hasn't been as influential as you'd expect in the last couple of games.

Wonder if Mourinho will continue to play him in as an 8 in a 4231 or try something different?

We're not a team that keeps possession well, so on the occasions he does get forward, when we lose it, he's having to sprint back, and lets be honest, he doesn't recover well.

I keep saying it, we need to move him to left midfield, and try and 442.

Mourinho's problem at Chelsea in his second season was his inability to try something different. We've experimented with a few formations this season. Maybe it's time to try something new, having drew three games on the bounce.

Sir A1ex

Very poor again. He has been completely our of form since the ban. No urgency in his play at all.
He was far from very poor. He was about the only player who consistently kept the ball, beat a couple of men or played a decent pass. He is wasted that deep though, and yes, we do need to start seeing some moments of pure inspiration / leadership.

Antonedwin

Did anyone noticed we never won when he is captain ? He was captain against basel 3-0 win but replaced by fellaini due to injury

el3mel

He was far from very poor. He was about the only player who consistently kept the ball, beat a couple of men or played a decent pass. He is wasted that deep though, and yes, we do need to start seeing some moments of pure inspiration / leadership.
That was the first half, but second half there was no urgency in his play to bring the ball forward at all.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Totally ineffective today.

I'd hoped that he'd take these sorts of games by scuff of the neck by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.