Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camilo

Another dreadful team performance. Jose needs to get him involved, our shape is an utter shambles. He played as a fecking water carrier for Young and Shaw today, it's shocking.

Silas

Thought he was our best player in the first half. Very deep in the 2nd half (again), but to say he was poor is harsh imo. Messed up with the offside, but he was our main distributor and did that to a pretty high standard. Describing him as useless is nonsense.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What’s he doing sitting in front of our defence for 90 minutes? Pointless.

AlwaysRed66

Another master class from our so called World class Captain. What does this guy do considering how much transfer fee he was bought for. No doubt his fan club will come on here to defend him, but what use is he. A really world class player would take games by the scruff of their neck & win them by scoring/making assists/controlling play, but when does he do this. Other fans laughingly dub him the French Carlton Palmer, but can anyone disagree. When friends of rival clubs joke about him being rubbish to you, your first reaction is to turn to them & point out the times he has changed games, but that is the problem as you struggle to think of any examples. Contrast this with genuine world class like Ronaldo, Messi, Kane, Silva, De Bruyne, & before that the likes of Lampard & Gerrard.

His supporters will say what a coup it was signing him & the difference it makes when he plays. Obviously 1 scrappy win & three draws since his return supports this. If this is really true where would we be without him, mid table, as that would be frightening. Considering the previous manager came 5th, level on points with Many City in 4th, without the great man.

I am not saying Pogba cannot be world class, as he was certainly playing very well at Juventus. Unfortunately, like nearly all our attack minded players there seems to be a similar decline in their abilities the last two seasons, & that points in only one direction, Mourinho. I expect, many of our underachievers would perform significantly better under an attacking style manager, which might happen sooner than many think if this continues.

If our only world class player DDG goes to Madrid we will really up the creek.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Thought he was our best player in the first half. Very deep in the 2nd half (again), but to say he was poor is harsh imo. Messed up with the offside, but he was our main distributor and did that to a pretty high standard. Describing him as useless is nonsense.
Yup. And I also can't imagine his second half role as anything else than being down to the manager's instructions.

Devil81

Seems to be strolling. Doesnt look the happy confident Pogba we've seen since signing for the club.

IAmAWinner

Another piss poor performance. As a captain, you should expect him to take the game by the scruff of the neck, create chances, show some urgency, move the ball quickly. Showed nothing today, apart from a couple of long passes. You really expect more from him.

Canagel

Mourinho has no clue about Pogba. I've said it many times before but the guy is being misused terribly. I don't think Pogba is giving 100% either. You can tell from his body language. It's annoying to see that no-one is on the same wavelength. A midfielder is not the same as a striker because he is more restricted and has to choose when to push forward. A player like Pogba is only as good as the team around him I'm afraid and if we don't improve as a team he will continue to look poor.

Jaybomb

Mourinho has no clue about Pogba. I've said it many times before but the guy is being misused terribly. I don't think Pogba is giving 100% either. You can tell from his body language. It's annoying to see that no-one is on the same wavelength. A midfielder is not the same as a striker because he is more restricted and has to choose when to push forward. A player like Pogba is only as good as the team around him I'm afraid and if we don't improve as a team he will continue to look poor.
At Juventus, he had Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal beside him. Thats why he was so good. He hadn’t got all these defensive duties cause those guys helped him out.

At United, all he has is Matic.

Treble

I'm starting to remember he wasn't very good last season. His absence through injury and suspention has made many people (including me) a bit blind about his weaknesses.

Bobski

At Juventus, he had Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal beside him. Thats why he was so good. He hadn’t got all these defensive duties cause those guys helped him out.

At United, all he has is Matic.
That is the problem isn't it? Those guys had the responsibility for all the key midfield duties while he was working on his Youtube compilation. Until Utd he has never had to play a proper tactical role.

Ludens the Red

Far too deep today, like stupidly deep. Not going to effect the game from those areas. Think we need to drop one of the three more attacking midfielders/forwards. It's no surprise Pogbas best form came when he was with Matic and Fellaini. I know Lingard and Mata have done well lately but the overall play suffers if these two are our main attacking outlets and Pogba is so deep.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't know if he's been instructed to play deep but its not working, especially when the players in front are so ineffective.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm starting to remember he wasn't very good last season. His absence through injury and suspention has made many people (including me) a bit blind about his weaknesses.
Yeah, a lot of people were strangely thinking we'd all of a sudden play some good stuff with him in the team despite, for the majority of last season, playing crap with him in it, too.

I honestly think he doesn't like José's tactics - or lack of. Our lack of pressing and interplays are like the polar opposite of what he wants to be doing.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Just not captain material, had his hands up a lot of the times wondering what to do rather than leading the team and giving us direction. Albeit he did have some magical moments of some sublime passes.

D. Mungai

The last few games seems Pogba has been instructed to play deep. It is not working. My main issue with Mourinho is, he is tinkering too much with the team selection. Last week Ibra, this week Micki, wait Everton game he will mess again.
With all honesty Mourinho primary job is to choose a winning team squad, motivate players, prepare the team well. All he seems not to do now. We are in a free fall. We are in Top 4 dog fight, rat race, fasten your seat belts mates

Eddy_JukeZ

Some very good passes, but he was too deep.

I don't know if this sounds far-fetched, but I feel like Jose himself doesn't even know how to use him.

Andersons Dietician

Some very good passes, but he was too deep.

I don't know if this sounds far-fetched, but I feel like Jose himself doesn't even know how to use him.
I don’t think it’s far fetched, I’m pretty sure yourself and most of us know exactly how to use him and get the best out of him but the guy paid millions to do that doesn’t seem to have a clue.

He isn’t the type to dictate games, he needs to be the guy getting on the end of things or playing the killer pass. He needs support in midfield and put in a 3

spiriticon

When he plays deep, he is limited. Anybody who saw him for France at the Euros will know that.

I'm not sure why he was playing deep today. We were at home against an average team. Let the horses run free.

roykeane19

Our only current world class player, with de gea. He cant do everything himself, he`s the only one who can hold the ball, dribble, find a team mate with hard and easy passes without giving the ball to the opposition. Too bad rest of the team are not on his wavelength, many times hes looking to pass to someone, and no one wants the ball or makes a run. The squad is so average despite all the money spent its really nerve wracking

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Our only current world class player, with de gea. He cant do everything himself, he`s the only one who can hold the ball, dribble, find a team mate with hard and easy passes without giving the ball to the opposition. Too bad rest of the team are not on his wavelength, many times hes looking to pass to someone, and no one wants the ball or makes a run. The squad is so average despite all the money spent its really nerve wracking
Has the quality of the squad ever been significantly improved though? We’ve spent lots of money yes but only on a handful of players.

Right now we have a mish mash of different players from 3 different managers and its pretty telling IMO.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't think he's putting maximum effort into matches at times which is very frustrating.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

posted this in the other thread
Scholes is right in a way, and Scholes is/was a winner...

Can you imagine Keane letting Pogba go missing positionally? Or strolling back to track back? No chance, no fecking chance.

Pogba is literally the epitome of the phrase 'luxury player', but the anomaly is that he's a midfielder, rather than a 10 or a wide player.

As I was banging on about in my 'Switch back to 352' thread - Pogba simply must be played in a midfield 3, with 2 responsible, level headed, hard working mids next to him.

I'm at the point where I think he's wasted in a mid 2.

kundalini

Far too deep today, like stupidly deep. Not going to effect the game from those areas. Think we need to drop one of the three more attacking midfielders/forwards. It's no surprise Pogbas best form came when he was with Matic and Fellaini. I know Lingard and Mata have done well lately but the overall play suffers if these two are our main attacking outlets and Pogba is so deep.
When did Pogba play with Matic and Fellaini ?

Fellaini has 3 starts in the PL this season. Pogba missed all 3 games. The only match they have both started is Basel away, which we lost 0-1. Matic came on as a sub for Pogba in that match.

The only time Pogba, Matic and Fellaini have been on the pitch at the same time, is the last 15 mins of a few of the games prior to Pogba's injury, and 10 mins against Brighton.

Roeindo

He is another examples of how a player with a lot creativity being limited due to defensive duties or tactic

Soon a lot of fans will critisize him, confidence getting low and many of us then want him to be sold.

Frank Grimes

Scholes is right in a way, and Scholes is/was a winner...

Can you imagine Keane letting Pogba go missing positionally? Or strolling back to track back? No chance, no fecking chance.

Pogba is literally the epitome of the phrase 'luxury player', but the anomaly is that he's a midfielder, rather than a 10 or a wide player.

As I was banging on about in my 'Switch back to 352' thread - Pogba simply must be played in a midfield 3, with 2 responsible, level headed, hard working mids next to him.

I'm at the point where I think he's wasted in a mid 2.
Agree completely. Also that's why it's so important that we sign top quality full backs, if we are looking to play this system.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He is another examples of how a player with a lot creativity being limited due to defensive duties or tactic
Disagree. Good players find a way to help influence a game regardless of tactics. Pogba should be doing better for a man who cost 90 mil.

edgar allan

He has a world class reputation, salary and transfer fee only, on the field I am struggling to see a world class player.

Dinghy

Soon a lot of fans will critisize him, confidence getting low and many of us then want him to be sold.
Heh yep, then we sell him, whilst the primitive and clearly less talented players survives because no one expects anything from them and we can carry on steadily down the path that leads to complete mediocrity.

Disagree. Good players find a way to help influence a game regardless of tactics. Pogba should be doing better for a man who cost 90 mil.
Here we go...

RedStrudel76

I watched him for United youth teams on MUTV for a few years and TBH I don't see much difference between that Pogba and this Pogba who dominated for Juve and European football. Still tactically indiscipline, reckless, impulsive.. don't know why he's regressed so badly since returning. It is like he forgot everything he learned in Italy, or is the Italian league just that poor it looked like he was the top man there!?

And where are his long-range goals he use to ping into the top corners from long-range for Juve!? his shooting is going into row Z..

Questions needs to be asked, he is the 2nd most expensive player in the World and we should demand more. For that price he should be taking games by the scruff of the neck like people alleged he did for Juve.

As Rio would say.. we got merk'ed!?

Status
Not open for further replies.