Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilev

It's bad me saying so, cause I wanted him at United.
But looking at our game, I feel that Pogba made a huge blunder by signing for Jose. The guy doesn't know how to use him at all. Pogba hasn't progressed a bit for the last two years. And it's obvious that Pogba has a huge raw talent. The way he works with the ball is exquisite.

M Bison

Supports
York City
But looking at our game, I feel that Pogba made a huge blunder by signing for Jose. The guy doesn't know how to use him at all. Pogba hasn't progressed a bit for the last two years. And it's obvious that Pogba has a huge raw talent. The way he works with the ball is exquisite.
He's playing very well today to be fair. I think its a 2 way street, against Soton he looked disinterested whereas looks up for it today.

pseudo_canadian

Pogba should never play deep in a midfield 2 ever again for us. Completely different player when occupying that left side of the final third.

AndyJ1985

A truly gifted footballer. Give him a free role and let him attack and he'll run rings around most teams.

TsuWave

stop trying to play him in a midfield two. we have been wasting his attacking talents

Vilev

He's playing very well today to be fair. I think its a 2 way street, against Soton he looked disinterested whereas looks up for it today.
He is having a mixed game, the same as the season. So great moments and then some awful ones. For example his first half was dreadful. That's half a game.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
2 assists. This is a tough away ground and our captain has stood up.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
2 assists and standing up for his teammates against a thuggish challenge. Captain.

Ban

Strange saying that today. Sure we could have used him better but today we saw Pogba we all want to see and love.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
That is his position. This is the formation. Stick to it and the results will come.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
One of his best performances in an United jersey. Absolutely bossed it from the left side.

Andersons Dietician

This is the Pogba people have been crying out for. Still not perfect but this is how he should be played, he looks transformed in this shape compared to the 4231

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The agenda posters prevalent again. What a brilliant player.
:confused:

If you mean my post, I got exactly what I hoped for the 2nd half

1st half he didn’t show enough albeit after a bright first few mins

If we could see this 2nd half Pogba every week he would pretty much be the best player in the league

AndyJ1985

It's criminal not to play him in that position and let him attack. He'll create chances all day long when given the freedom to go forward

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Excellent performance. Need to build the team around him & let him control things from further up the pitch rather than having to worry about defending.

Robbie Boy

:confused:

If you mean my post, I got exactly what I hoped for the 2nd half

1st half he didn’t show enough albeit after a bright first few mins

If we could see this 2nd half Pogba every week he would pretty much be the best player in the league
If you want to put yourself in that category then fair enough. It's funny, you can see the posters with a weird agenda against him absolutely itching to criticise him whenever they get a chance.

There was nothing wrong with his first half fwiw and I thought he was our best player. Second half everyone stepped it up and he was absolutely brilliant and easily MOTM.

Vilev

Strange saying that today. Sure we could have used him better but today we saw Pogba we all want to see and love.
So you are happy with his first-half performance then?
As i've said in the post above, he's had a mixed game, moments of brilliance and then some awful touches, decisions. He was nowhere to be seen for around the half of the game.
Sure his assists and some other moments in the second half showed his talent. But in order to be a really class player you need to produce them not sporadically, but constantly.
This game is actually a great reflection of his season in general. Sometimes he is brilliant, sometimes he is lazy as he was when Everton nearly scored a couple from our left after 0-1. Sometimes he looks just lost and disinterested like he was in the first half.

pseudo_canadian

Ridiculous player.

He was completely messing with Everton for large stretches of the game.

Needs to stay in that position further forward. We're wasting him playing deep in a two.

ClosetDevil

Needs to remain as our captain. Did anyone see how he was screaming at our players to get into their position during the game, and how he went around pumping up and congratulating his teammates at the end?

ash_86

It's not hard Jose, you just did it by playing a 3 man midfield.

Banat

I'm his biggest fan but he had much better games than this in United shirt.
7/10 performance for his very high standards IMO.
Was torn between him and Lingard for motm but went with him eventually.
Captain!

Litch

Absolutely ridiculous the ability of this lad when played in the right position. The new signings for me are midfielders that allow him to play there every week...

Walters_19_MuFc

Theres still a few players I would change to bring the best out of him, but today showed what he can produce in a three.

Could have had more than two assists and was a constant menace in the final third. Good game.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
This is the Pogba from Juve that we paid the big bucks for. Baffling that he hasn't been used in this position more often.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Played well in parts but really went to sleep when we scored and showed a lack of maturity for me, started strolling around as he so often does.

On balance a very good game but still think we need more from him.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Anyone who thinks he isn't worth the money we paid for him (in football terms) is a football dunce. The guy is incredibly talented and isn't even at his best yet.

DdeGoat

That for me was the best Pogba performance in a United shirt. First time I have seen him take a game by the scurf of the neck and drag us through. Not surprised at all it came in a game where he was allowed to play in his favorite role and do his best work in the final third. Pogba is not a central midfielder in a million years. He is an attacking player. He needs to be closer to the opposition box, not our own box. I hope in the summer we buy a central midfielder that opens up this role for him. He is a world class player in this role.

As you can tell, I am very excited to see him play like this. Been waiting for 1.5 years now. That is what we paid close to 90m for. This team doesn't need an Ozil. It needs a central midfielder with good passing range and a goal scoring right winger to complement Pogba.

Last edited:

roykeane19

Phenomenal player, hes so hard to knock of the ball, most of his skills came of, passing excellent, only one who drove us forward time and time again

Status
Not open for further replies.