Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
He gave the ball away alot and was very rusty but I felt he got back and at least payed like wanted to win which is more that I can say for other on our team.

Oakie

I would rather he stfu and got on with the game at the end he was calling for a stamp that didnt even happen and got a card, That could realy cost us if he does not tone it down.

He needs a good slapping down by the fans to bring his feet back to the floor he is a better player when he does not play arrogant.

Sylar

He went back to the phase of seeing the opposition were lower and deciding that he would try take the piss by taking extra touches or tring to take on extra men. When he keeps it simple and the ball moving quicker (like his link up when Lukaku came on) hes a beast.

Sanchez7

Not at his best tonight but he was instrumental in every creating every chance. Must be regretting the decision to not join Real.

Devil may care

A cut above most of those he plays with and one of the few that actually looked like he gave a shit tonight.

Jeffthered

First game after a while, and unfortunately for him, he seems to be our only real, genuine, inspirational spark. In a way, I feel sorry for him, because there is a dearth of real star quality around him. I'm pleased he is back.

cyberman

Still haven't solved that link between he and the attack. He has too much to do without Lingard or Mkhi in front of him.

Treble

Had several great moments. But often when he plays we look a bit shaky in defence: Stoke, Watford, Arsenal, Bristol. The balance between defence and attack isn't quite right.

Paul_Scholes18

Terrible tonight when we really needed him. Bloody annoying, but he is a lot hot and cold. If we had other class players in midfield to step up instead we could deal with it better, but we don't have any.

deafepl

How did I know we would somehow manage to feck this up! Not even our 2nd string team! De gea & Matic missing yeah but the rest are all starting 11.
Pogba/Lukaku are starting and the rest are squad players baring Rashford/Martial

AndyJ1985

We rely on him to be brilliant too much. He's the only player we look to for a bit of magic and some creativity. It shouldn't be like that

XH6

Not at his best tonight but he was instrumental in every creating every chance. Must be regretting the decision to not join Real.
I don't think the bench at Madrid is much better

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Needs a genuine number 10 or second striker to function at his best.

Shouldn’t be thrown under the bus tonight though imo. Was involved in our better attacking player, wasn’t involved in our pathetic defending on the right hand side of the pitch.

Eddy_JukeZ

I thought he was involved in most of our best chances, but he and others were guilty of over-complicating things out there.

Sanchez7

I don't think the bench at Madrid is much better
I will bite as its my last remaining post for the day anyway.

In my opinion, had he gone to Madrid he would be recognised as a world class player just like he was widely thought off when at Juve.

Pogba has unique attributes - technically brilliant, physically superb. Sometimes its only when you lose a player of that quality, you realise how good he is.

BigBebe

Our main strategy today seemed to be 'give ball to Pogba, Pogba do something magic'.

It is sad really that we have spent so much money and we have so few options.

haram

Sometimes he over complicates things. Still his class is clear.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Looked like he was losing his shit in the lack of options. Nobody moved or showed for the ball. There was one instance where he wanted Darmian to come short, but he ran behind his marker and pointed to Lindelof like a coward. Far too many players who just don't seem to want the ball, which is maddening.

kundalini

Fortunate not to get a red card for crazy foot high challenge. Held onto the ball far too long, getting dispossessed several times in our half. Wasted huge opportunity late on with a poor touch. Some super moments but ultimately he created one chance, Lukaku's header that required a good save from the keeper.

Robbie Boy

Yup he sure does but he's just an immense talent. Last night he wasn't particularly good and he was lucky to win the free that led to the goal. I actually thought that he looked frustrated at times with the lack of options available to him.

Ashley R1+O

Agreed, we should be building the team around him in the free role somewhere between the circle and the goal mouth. But that will take time to get a host of players in and balance the entire attack out. Give it a couple of seasons and hopefully Jose will sort it out and I think he'll really take off. The more defensive work and the more he gets bogged down off the ball in deeper areas, the worse and more strenuous his creativity becomes. We need to be making the game easier for him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't think he was average at all. He lost ball few times but all of the good attacking play went through him. The way he lets the ball roll past him and makes that move into attacking one is just superb.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thought he was our best player again. Pity the rest of our attackers had a off day.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I must have watched a different game to everyone because I thought he was superb and a class above the rest. He is the only creative outlet in the team and if we had any sort of quality around him his performances wouldn’t be in question. Think too many fans are obsessed with results and end product, take a step back and actually analyse his influence on the game in an impartial manner and you can see how well he is performing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The only player to truly look like head and shoulders better than Bristol.

Yes he he's not perfect but my god is he entertaining and very, very good. The way he uses his body and quick little touches to dance around his marker is so enjoyable.

A couple absolutely peach passes tonight for Lukaku and Rashford that could have easily been goals.

Fortunate not to get a red card for crazy foot high challenge. Held onto the ball far too long, getting dispossessed several times in our half. Wasted huge opportunity late on with a poor touch. Some super moments but ultimately he created one chance, Lukaku's header that required a good save from the keeper.
You're talking absolute bollocks there :lol: the ball was up knee height and he stretched out to poke it away. That is never a red in a million years, we might as well stop playing otherwise.

Festive Sandvich

Find his overplaying frustrating sometimes, but he (along with maybe an in form Martial) is the only real source of creativity. Desperately needs one of our numerous #10s to support him.

deafepl

Worth to mention, Pogba has not tasted league defeat in a United shirt since October 2016 :eek:

sparta

I see he updated his facebook page with a profile picture with his new haircut, sure when your hair is on point who gives a feck really.

Status
Not open for further replies.