Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

If the ref didn’t think it was violent conduct, he wouldn’t have given a red card.
The three stages of foul for a tackle are careless (free kick), reckless (yellow) and excessive force (red). Is excssive force also considered violent conduct? I don't think it is, but it has been a while since I've looked at the law book.

Laurentiu amt

It's a red simply because it's a bad tackle, I feel for him though he was stretching for the ball and Bellerin was lying on the ground. Not sure how he could've shortened his stride mid way.
He could ve avoided that easily lol.plus, he placed his whole weight on the guy s foot, that s your red card, not the initial lunge forward.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Why are people arguing over intent? Just like Mane’s red against City, intent is irrelevant. Clear red, unfortunately, as he’s such an important piece of the puzzle for us.

Treble

That was a brilliant performance. Before the red card that is.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Harsh, looked like bellerin put his leg under Pogba's studs to get him sent off.

prateik

Will be a huge loss against City.. Bournemouth at home and West Brom away should be easier to manage. Will be back fresh for the Christmas fixtures.

Matic-Fellaini-Ander against City then.
Harsh, looked like bellerin put his leg under Pogba's studs to get him sent off.
:lol:
Sure.

Sigma

Great game apart from the red card. No way was it intentional, but those sort of incidents are reds.

Festive Sandvich

Looked pretty accidental, not sure where else his foot is supposed to come down after flicking the ball. Obviously looks bad when his weight comes down on Bellerin's leg but zero intent for me.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
Pure class bar the red, Hes starting to show his price tag just put a real dampener on the game tonight losing him as there is no other.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The quality of Pogba’s performance today makes the red card even more unfortunate. On our 3rd he made the Arsenal defender look like a kid. We will miss him badly next week.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
MOTM for me till the red, I wouldn't swap him for any midfielder in the world

el3mel

Amazing performance destroyed by a stupid moment.

That sucks. That really sucks.

Womp

idiot
He's a fecking phenomenal footballer. That's all there is to it. I still can't believe we fecking signed him. He's going to be a huge miss against City though ffs.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
He was fecking terrific. So composed on the ball when under pressure. Not to mention he made two goals! This is the player we paid all that dough for.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
The way he turned Kos was class. There isn't a midfielder in the league who can do that and there isn't a midfielder in the world I would swap him for.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d like to focus on his football today. For one reason or another, he has missed many big games since he came back, and in others he hasn’t performed.

He was excellent today, two assists, absolutely bullied Koscielny for the second of them, and great play on the counter.

el3mel

The way he used his physicality in our third, I'll go on and say no other midfielder uses his body that perfectly.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Amazing performance destroyed by a stupid moment.
a basic summary of his season so far: so close and yet so far from being imperious.

Injury/Redcard are very very frustrating as it keeps disrupting our rhythm.

Not completely his fault but it is what it is.

Last edited:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I’d like to focus on his football today. For one reason or another, he has missed many big games since he came back, and in others he hasn’t performed.

He was excellent today, two assists, absolutely bullied Koscielny for the second of them, and great play on the counter.
And I don’t think any sane person can be overly emotional about the red.

If he pulled out there, he’d have been slated most likely.

When you’re playing that well, you go for anything to increase the advantage. Lingard got MOTM for the goals, but after De Gea who was the actual MOTM, it was Pogba for me.

Yagami

Good post resistant
On his actual performance, this was the first time that I've seen him play to his ability in a game against one of the top PL teams for us. Shame about the red.

Giggs86

Bossed the game today, would've been MotM after De Gea.

Shame about the red, but sometimes you have to pay the price of winning.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was excellent. Unlucky with the red, it happens but it is a red. 50/50 like that, you can't pull out especially the way it was going but it's what happens. Could say it's karma after him saying he hoped a city player gets injured (even if it was out of context a bit).

He's been consistently brilliant this season though. Massive loss vs City, especially since we don't play well without him. Ah well.

RedStarUnited

Why are people arguing over intent? Just like Mane’s red against City, intent is irrelevant. Clear red, unfortunately, as he’s such an important piece of the puzzle for us.
Because if you dont consider intent, you wont get over head kicks ever because everyone one of them is "dangerous play".

Status
Not open for further replies.