g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven Seas Sardines

I think the stuff about trust and happiness is not so much related to what Mourinho said about the World Cup anyway. I think it's got more to do with defensive playing style and publicly berating all players and saying that he needs more signings because we can't compete. Both Bailly and Lindelöf are good friends of his and Mourinho basically saying they're not good enough.

I'm also hoping that this public cry for help is towards the board; not to get shipped off, but that Mourinho is killing what Manchester United stand for. Attacking football full of adrenaline at the Theatre of Dreams.

Last edited:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...s-up-on-his-mental-state-at-manchester-united

Full quotes.

Also says how much he loves the club. Very strange situation.
Pogba loves the club but is against the current manager. If Jose continues his pre-season frustrations through-out the new season then he will have to go. Pogba didnt celebrate his goal, but he did put his hand up to take the penalty, made himself available after a few days training and also took on the role of captain. Maybe Jose is a genius and has driven Pogba on to improve his game as it seems Pogba wants to prove to everyone he can be World Class and consistent. I hope he stays, if Mourinho goes then a new manager could be what Pogba needs to stay happy at United. (Zidane or Luis Enrique)

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel

Completely dumb move.

The reports came out saying he wanted to stay, has an amazing performance then this? So annoying.
If I was the reporter I would have said to Pogba, 'speak your mind and we will pay your fine', might get you the sack but to get an exclusive it would be worth it.

FireballXL5

If SAF was still in charge, Pogba would be out the door in the blink of an eye. You don't tolerate this kind of shit from a player.
As much as I dislike Jose, he has to do something about this open dissent.

Ban

I think the stuff about trust and happiness is not so much related to what Mourinho said about the World Cup anyway. I think it's got more to do with defensive playing style and publicly berating all players and saying that he needs more signings because we can't compete. Both Bailly and Lindelöf are good friends of his and Mourinho basically saying they're not good enough.

I'm also hoping that this public cry for help is towards the board; not to get shipped off, but that Mourinho is killing what Manchester United stand for. Attacking football full of adrenaline at the Theatre of Dreams.
You read of that from that quotes. I mean, respect!
Or is it something you wanted to read like that?

Fracture90

Very good performance from him, considering he was fresh from vacations 3 days before the match and he still pulled 80 minutes.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
If I was the reporter I would have said to Pogba, 'speak your mind and we will pay your fine', might get you the sack but to get an exclusive it would be worth it.
Gets you the sack and a 50k-100k bill sent to you in a pink envelope with "feck you very much" smeared on it with poop.

Dante

Average bang
Jose and Pogba will work it out. They're going to be spending 6 days a week in each other's company for the next few months. They'll end up becoming best mates, just wait and see.

The quotes are concerning in isolation, but there's no way this is the end of the story. Mourinho is too good a man manager to let this lie.

Not enough money in Barcelona. They valued Dembele at 135mill including all bonuses, that should put Pogba in the 250mill bracket.
That and he'd be daft to go there imo. Messi is 31 and has played ~50 games a season for 12 years, he cant go on forever. When he leaves it will make our transition from Ferguson look smooth.

This whole thing has got that parasite of an agent written all over it.

Seven Seas Sardines

You read of that from that quotes. I mean, respect!
Or is it something you wanted to read like that?
Could it be both? I think Pogba is the team's hobby therapist right now, wants everyone to be happy. So when there are a lot of players who feel uncomfortable being slated in public when playing shitty Mourinho footy, it can create pogfeelings of mutiny.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just sawhis locker room speech before the world cup final. Awesome stuff, Morpheus ain't got shite on Paul.

Kostov

I'm not sure it's the right place to put it, I've been scrolling on Instagram, and one of my favorite basketball players Joel Embiid has posted videos on his Insta story of himself in a Pogba shirt playing football somewhere in Africa by the looks of it. It was nice to see, I know they are friends but still.

Acole9

Outstanding
He had a very good game considering it was the first one he's played in about a month. Good to see him as captain too.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If SAF was still in charge, Pogba would be out the door in the blink of an eye. You don't tolerate this kind of shit from a player.
That's plain wrong, SAF has tolerated shit from his players if he thought the club will have more benefit from it. He had an open dissent from Rooney and decide he will go over it. Ronaldo wanted to leave, he didn't say the club is above him but persuaded him to stay one more year.
No one is above the club usually went when he thought the club won't miss that player so much and can be replaced.

MJJ

If SAF was in charge Pogba would not be behaving this way, look at how he handled the veron situation and compare it to mourinho with Pogba.

el3mel

If SAF was in charge Pogba would not be behaving this way, look at how he handled the veron situation and compare it to mourinho with Pogba.
Pogba did leave under SAF before and that was because of his agent as well. SAF wouldn't have even brought Pogba back to start with also due to his agent. Let's not go this route.

el3mel

He left because he wasn't being played.
He was 18-19 years old. What was he expecting ? SAF even sent Evra to him to convince him stay but Raiola got into his mind and SAF later went on and insulted Raiola due to that. He would have never dealt with Raiola again.

MJJ

He was 18-19 years old. What was he expecting ? SAF even sent Evra to him to convince him stay but Raiola got into his mind and SAF later went on and insulted Raiola due to that. He would have never dealt with Raiola again.
The same 18-19 year old started in a far better midfield next year so whatever he was expecting was in line with his talent.

el3mel

The same 18-19 year old started in a far better midfield next year so whatever he was expecting was in line with his talent.
SAF was rating him. He thought he needed time before getting the chance as he was only 18 but wanted him to stay. Nothing wrong with that. He never said he lacked quality.

When asked by Sale prop Brian Mujati “why was no one able to acknowledge the undeniable talent that is Paul Pogb,” Ferguson replied: “Paul Pogba? He had a bad agent. A s***bag.

“Paul Pogba was well known to us. We knew he was a good player. He's still a good player. We offered him the best contract..."

MJJ

SAF was rating him. He thought he needed time before getting the chance as he was only 18 but wanted him to stay. Nothing wrong with that. He never said he lacked quality.
He wanted to play and we brought back scholes/played rafael etc over him. His agent did what was best for his career at that point, accepting money from united over playing time would not have been a smart decision.

el3mel

He wanted to play and we brought back scholes/played rafael etc over him. His agent did what was best for his career at that point, accepting money from united over playing time would not have been a smart decision.
I can find nothing wrong in waiting to give chances to a 18-19 years old youngster. Maybe SAF got it wrong regarding the time of him playing and that he proved he could have played earlier, ok but bring me one manager who would have thought an 18 years old player could be a starter at this time. If SAF with all his history with youngsters didn't, who would have ?

The point is he ended up leaving under SAF and the latter insulted Raiola on several occasions due to, so not sure about bringing a comparison for Mouinho vs SAF regarding Pogba treatment, because SAF wouldn't have even brought Pogba back because he would have never dealt with Raiola again, so let's leave this point aside imo.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I can find nothing wrong in waiting to give chances to a 18-19 years old youngster. Maybe SAF got it wrong regarding the time of him playing and that he proved he could have played earlier, ok but bring me one manager who would have thought an 18 years old player could be a starter at this time. If SAF with all his history with youngsters didn't, who would have ?

The point is he ended up leaving under SAF and the latter insulted Raiola on several occasions due to, so not sure about bringing a comparison for Mouinho vs SAF regarding Pogba treatment, because SAF wouldn't have even brought Pogba back because he would have never dealt with Raiola again, so let's leave this point aside imo.

Who was the Juve manager at the time ?

In any case he went to juve and it was the right move in terms of his development. Luckily we managed to get him back because he is a supremely talented midfielder in all aspects of the game. He's unique. Hopefully Jose and Pogba improve their relationship and he stays, or Jose goes

Brighton 3:2 Man Utd

kundalini

Scored the pen and a super shot from distance that required a good save, otherwise very poor, passes not finding the intended target, losing possession trying to dribble, conceding soft free-kicks.

Based Adnan

Lose ball -> Throw arms up in air in anger -> Angrily run back and foul

This happened pretty much every single time he lost the ball today. Needs to show a bit of maturity.

Heinzesight

He was dreadful. I like him, I really do but Jesus that was inept. He’ll be going to his PogHouse and crying into his PogPillow hopefully and will get his PogShit together.

Patrick08

He can't play deep when the attack is so toothless upfront, I don't blame him too much, Mourinho's decision making after one half was terrible with the system he played after first half.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not a leader. When things go bad, he is also bad. Wish we had Matic today who is much more calmer.

el3mel

Back to old bad Pog. This guy is almost impossible to build a team around him with such inconsistency.

Another Nani, but Nani had world class season here though unlike Pog.

Minimalist

Clearly not happy today. Immaturity or not, he doesn't enjoy playing for us a lot of the time.

Patrick08

Back to old bad Pog. This guy is almost impossible to build a team around him with such inconsistency.

Another Nani, but Nani had world class season here though unlike Pog.
Times have changed, I must say.. Players doesn't have the character like old times to learn when asked to do what their natural game doesn't suit them. Pogba would be much happier if he's not forced to play in a two after 3 goals down. He is not a midfield controller and never will be.

el3mel

Times have changed, I must say.. Players doesn't have the character like old times to learn when asked to do what their natural game doesn't suit them. Pogba would be much happier if he's not forced to play in a two after 3 goals down.
He was in shite in 3 men first half as much as the second half in 2.

Honestly can't believe this is still used as an excuse anymore.

He's just so fecking inconsistent and frustrating. He had tried crazy balls with no aim and played some short passes that a professional won't do.

In one game he acts as a team player, moves the ball well, play simply and help everyone. In another game it's time for Pog shite show in the midfield.

ZlatMan

How do you go from key player in winning the World Cup to getting owned by Dale Stephens within a few weeks? Aside from scoring a penalty, nothing. If Barcelona want him, they can have him. SMS is a better and more determined player.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He was in shite in 3 men first half as much as the second half in 2.

Honestly can't believe this is still used as an excuse anymore.

He's just so fecking inconsistent and frustrating. He had tried crazy balls with no aim and played some short passes that a professional won't do.

In one game he acts as a team player, moves the ball well, play simply and help everyone. In another game it's time for Pog shite show in the midfield.
Exactly. Did you not watch the World Cup @Patrick08? Pogba was great in a two when needed, because he had a quality defensive midfielder next to him helps but it’s not all down to the formation or the talent. I just don’t think it’s clicking for Pogba under Mourinho and the latter needs to go.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
How do you go from key player in winning the World Cup to getting owned by Dale Stephens within a few weeks? Aside from scoring a penalty, nothing. If Barcelona want him, they can have him. SMS is a better and more determined player.
He's not. And even if he was, he'd look like shit playing for us.

forevrared

Friend didn’t do him any favors - there were several nippy fouls against him waved away early on that were called against him 100% of time afterwards.

He’s still got to get his emotions under control and be a leader, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.