Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pogba thrives in the French Team because he has virtually all the support elements he needs. It also helps he has a little more time on the ball. In Italy that was the case as well. Having Kante or even Nzonzi next to him, Mbappe making runs non stop, Giroud/Griezmann to dish the ball off to...it all makes for a good fit for him. He is missing some of this at Man Utd. Either he adapts or Man Utd has to adapt more or both.
The other thing to note is that no player bar the keeper is thriving at United. Whilst some of the things you say are true, there are also other factors, like a poorly functioning team as a whole.

scholesyboy18

I think Pogba is being unfairly slated esp against Brighton where the other players did not run into space to receive a pass.
He was absolute dire vs Brighton. There was no effort, lost the ball a lot of times, didn't look arsed and then comes out and says his attitude was not right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
The other thing to note is that no player bar the keeper is thriving at United. Whilst some of the things you say are true, there are also other factors, like a poorly functioning team as a whole.
Definitely, in terms of form we have a similar situation at Arsenal, and we do not even have the keeper thriving. We look to our star players to pick it up, and sometimes they just cannot, because they need the whole team to pick it up.

Perseus

I'm a Pogba fan...but I can't blame that performance on anyone else. Pogba was actually right in his post match comments. The team didn't turn up with the same desire as Brightons. For some reason Pogba got slated for his honesty. People made out that he said he couldn't be arsed. He didn't, he just said they need to make sure in future they match the opposition for desire. Pretty sure the likes of Keane and Giggs, Rio etc have said similar at times in the past.
You are reading me wrong. I am suggesting that Pogba ran the midfield at Brighton, the likes off Hazard and Coutinho only comparable, certainly not Keita.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors and pundits. Spurs game was complete and utter shite from start to finish.

Last edited:

roodey

There a no more United related Social Media posts from Paul and that worries me a bit.

He writes that he is excited for the next game in the national team but he is not mentioning the United games coming.

I'm starting to dislike this guy.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
There a no more United related Social Media posts from Paul and that worries me a bit.

He writes that he is excited for the next game in the national team but he is not mentioning the United games coming.

Is this serious :houllier:

Perseus

If Pogba was absolute dire, I wonder what the other players were.
Bailley was atrocious and Fred, Martial, Mata, Pereira were poor, Ashley Young got caught out twice and was in trouble most of the game, and Shaw was far from top notch. Pogba was a veritable giant in comparison. de Gea could have done better with the first goal?

Pogba at least had a shot on target. Midway through the second half when Pogba made a crossfield ball to try and get some width, I knew the game was up. Still makes Pogba the best player, by default.

Dolf

:lol::houllier::houllier:

Baxter

Spends too much time on social media, now not enough. :houllier:

TheReligion

Abusive

I do get where you're coming from with this.

Certainly a change in his attitude towards the club.

roodey

I do get where you're coming from with this.

Certainly a change in his attitude towards the club.
Thank you!

Some guys here are laughing at me but you seem to understand me.

He did a lot of United related postings in the past so do other players of our club.

But Paul stopped it. He only do postings from his lifestyle things or from the national team.

And as a fan i want to see a connection from a player to the club he represents.

buckooo1978

:lol:

right up there with having a grudge with someone on Facebook for not liking a post

TheReligion

Abusive
Thank you!

Some guys here are laughing at me but you seem to understand me.

He did a lot of United related postings in the past so do other players of our club.

But Paul stopped it. He only do postings from his lifestyle things or from the national team.

And as a fan i want to see a connection from a player to the club he represents.
I agree. It's like he's making some kind of point isn't it. On a side note we obviously don't see what goes on behind the scenes but I don't think JM or the club has done much wrong to him.

el3mel

Absolutely brilliant till their goal then his performance dropped massively. Finished the game well though.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Superb first half and absolutely garbage in the second. That's him in a nutshell. I'd happily replace him with a less quality but more consistent player.

acnumber9

I thought he had a great game. At the heart of most of our good Football. The midfield in general had a very good game. Front three not so much.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Think he was tired as hell in the second half, some sloppy and stupid passes, good game overall but I'm wondering if the WC is taking its toll on him.

SirAF

Ageist
Very very good in the first half! However, he was so sloppy in the second - infuriating to watch him dribble in the 92nd minute.

Ban

Good 1st half, not so good in the 2nd.

When he plays it simple he's brilliant, when he hogs the ball too much and overcomplicates it it gets messy.

spiriticon

Immense today in general, but once Watford started pressing hard his influence faded.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His passing range is just excellent and he passes effortlessly. He was sloppy few times but overall he had good game.

marktan

Very good, I think he has to dribble more than he has to because players like Lingard will pass it back to him and just stand around.

I really think we put too much expectation and focus on him. He'd be consistently world class if he played in Liverpool or City's team.

Also that pass in the first half to Sanchez was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.