g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxter

I'm glad somebody else notices it. To be honest, I'm worried about some of the comments in general in here that completely ignore his horrendous first half's and praising his "yeah he ran a bit second half" as a complete package containing 90 minutes of brilliance. It's out there, for sure.
It’s a bit difficult when the whole team has been shit in the first half, and has been for weeks. I suggest this might be more due to the game plan in these games, and it’s not really a surprise when we’ve no chance to go for it Pogba, and the rest of the team, look much better for it. To single out Pogba for ‘horrendous first halves’ ignores the horrendous first halves for basically everyone in the team.

EasyE

Horrific player sometimes. His range is akin to Rooney. Hideous pub player to unbelievable game to game.

Also - slightly annoyed how emotional he looked at full time. Tapping his chest to the crowd. Gtfo.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Wow that was fecking garbage of a performance. Reminiscent of his first season performances against better sides, can't do the basics right.

Zoo

He kept going and won the freekick. Well done Paul.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He could easily have cost us two goals. Got the free kick which is good. But overall poor.

el3mel

He's really not a big matches player tbh. Can play well in time to time for them but he usually lets the occasion gets into him.

AndersB

This result means even more to Pogba, because it will make fewer people remember his atrocious performance today. Did nothing to deal with the right side channel, especially in the first half, and lost the ball a zillion times. One decent interchange with Martial and got the free kick, the rest was sh*t. He needs to show some consistency in these big games.

Dante

Average bang
He's not a #10, and he's not a player you can trust to shoulder all the creative burden for the team.

3KDré

Returning to juventus probably played on his head a lot. He is human

Bobski

Immature performance, lost the ball in bad areas on numerous occasions, struggled with his weight of pass. Occasion clearly got to him.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Apparently you can't vote 0 in the player performances.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I don't know if it's just me, but he used to run with the ball a lot more, he looked unstoppable at times driving forward with the ball at his feet, and now he just doesn't look to do that at all.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am not trying to spoil the moment but he looked out of his depth tonight. It looked at times like someone else who looked like Pogba was playing instead of him. His touch was erratic and he kept losing the ball.

Souness will have a field day. I dont know was it nerves or what. He could not do anything right.

Raven

Gutter performance. Would quite happily sell for mega bucks and add players across the squad.
Good God. This is drivel. Great player, going back to the club that made him a superstar, I would imagine emotions were running high and probably got the better of him. Seemed to bottle it more than anything. Doesn't mean he's bad. Still one of our 2 most important outfield players.

marktan

He's been one of our if not the best player this season so I can't criticise. He tries things, before Martial showed up at the end he was the only one trying to dribble. Yeah it failed a lot, but I'll always respect him for trying it.

KennyBurner

Very Immature performance but gonna give him a pass today. He needs to realise that he isn't superman and shouldn't always force things. Hopefully he gives his head a good wobble and regains focus for sunday.

Also his performance got better when he was moved deeper and fellaini came on. He isn't a number 10 and also struggles when played deeply. Don't really know what to make of it.

Holocene

Gutter performance. Would quite happily sell for mega bucks and add players across the squad.
Apparently you can't vote 0 in the player performances.
I am not trying to spoil the moment but he looked out of his depth tonight. It looked at times like someone else who looked like Pogba was playing instead of him. His touch was erratic and he kept losing the ball.

Souness will have a field day. I dont know was it nerves or what. He could not do anything right.
Gash as usual, get rid of the idiot.
One bad performance and it brings out the usual "fans" with agendas. He was very poor but the occasion got to him.

Absolute state of these posts.

AngliaRed

I’m a big fan of Pogba, but Keown summed him up perfectly tonight: “ a big old dinosaur being run ragged by smaller better players”

Still he’s been our best player this season when others have been poor so no issues with an emotional return to Turin.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
One bad performance and it brings out the usual "fans" with agendas. He was very poor but the occasion got to him.

I don't have an agenda at all. I rate Pogba highly. That doesn't change that he was shite tonight. I can't imagine what he could have done to justify a worse rating - Hence my comment. I don't appreciate being lumped in with comments about selling him!

Kag

This thread is a good indicator of who is a wally and who isn’t.

Pogba was largely dreadful today but it happens. He’s a brilliant player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Second half he was much better, had we seen that first half I'd of fancied us to be a lot more of a threat than we were

cyberman

He defended well I thought, very disciplined with his positioning.
Isolated on the ball though so lost his focus.

Denis79

I'm very happy that we managed to have a decent game and a wonderful result against one of the best teams in Europe without Pogba having a good game. Everyone has bad games, hopefully he'll do a replay of last season vs City.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's like a midfield Nani. World class yet so bad all in the course of one season and at times during the same match.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Returning to Juventus probably played on his head a lot. He is human
That's what I thought, wasn't his best performance but still had some decent moments with Martial, Shaw and Sanchez.

youngrell

Just one of those nights for Paul where things just don't go right.

It was a shame because the team played well for once but he was under par. Usually the other way around.

Bwuk

Juve ran the midfield. We just got outclassed in the middle.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm very happy that we managed to have a decent game and a wonderful result against one of the best teams in Europe without Pogba having a good game. Everyone has bad games, hopefully he'll do a replay of last season vs City.
A replay of the second half of that game, maybe.

City last season was a bit of a taster for what to expect this season. Great when we’re behind. Awful when we’re not.

Status
Not open for further replies.