Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

He was fantastic - so much better in a fast-paced attack. I actually think Lukaku will be better in this kind of attack as well, although Rashford surely deserves a run of games.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
We played exactly the same system as we have been doing under Mourinho. Positionally within the team.
Pogba had the exact same position. Lingard was as an inverted RW as ever.
Difference being that we pushed up the back four 20 yards on the pitch and maybe even 40 when it comes to the FBs. Young looked like Dani Alves and Shaw like Jordi Alba.
And we pressed the ball.
That made all the difference.
Nope. Pogba's positioning was one of my main points of interest today and he got pushed forward to an attacking midfielder role by our new manager's decision. He occasionally dropped off to get the ball or give a passing option, but he never switched positions.

Pace Abuser

I have always backed him. And always will. Especially when virus' like Jose try and turn fans against him.
If you were one of those that wanted him out of the club, either change your minds and get behind him, or bore off. Especially you Neville.

Johan07

Nope. Pogba's positioning was one of my main points of interest today and he got pushed forward to an attacking midfielder role by our new manager's decision. He occasionally dropped off to get the ball or give a passing option, but he never switched positions.
Nope. He played as a #8 or LCM as he did under Mourinho. The difference was the positioning of the players around him.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Nope. He played as a #8 or LCM as he did under Mourinho. The difference was the positioning of the players around him.
You're wrong. Matic and Herrera were constantly playing behind him. I'll keep on observing him under Solskjaer, you'll do the same and maybe we'll agree in the future. Also in the 2 and half years under Mourinho Pogba played practically always as a no. 8/6. Today he got deployed as a 10.

Ashley R1+O

No surprises here, just confirmation that he took the piss for months under Mourinho and more than deserved to be dropped. Desperate times, call for desperate measures and it turns out he's actually a really good footballer when he gives a balls and tries for more than 10 minutes a game. Clean slate, bridges mended innit'. Happy days.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was fantastic today.

I'm not going to blame Jose entirely for Pogba's inconsistency, but he went overboard this season and tried to make him a scapegoat.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
MY GUY is back.

Thank god that clown Mourinho didn’t get his way. Pogba is world class, who knew that all he needed was belief in his ability?

The free role suits him best, having him closer to the goal is also a must. His 1 touch play is wasted sitting deep.

Raven

No surprises here, just confirmation that he took the piss for months under Mourinho and more than deserved to be dropped. Desperate times, call for desperate measures and it turns out he's actually a really good footballer when he gives a balls and tries for more than 10 minutes a game. Clean slate, bridges mended innit'. Happy days.
Except he didn't deserve to be dropped. People have bad games, that doesn't mean they should be dropped.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Couple of weeks.

Phil Osophy

I've got my reservations about Pogba, but he played like a World Champion today. Intelligent, calm, composed... and determinant. Bravo Paul, more of this.

Captain Paris

He's a baller...

The best player on our team (bar DDG) plain and simple. No need to look back on the past, we'll need him at this level every game now. Time to step up, no more excuses.

Devil may care

He's not the Virus, he's Cobra....fellow 80's kids will get that. :D

He played today like he's had a ten tonne Elephant lifted off him.

Rossa

I'm not a huge fan of his, but he played very well today - even world class at times.

He started off shaky, and misplaced some easy passes and some long range ones. I think I also noticed them more because there has been so much talk of Pogba lately with questions of him stepping up or not; thus, I was disappointed after the first 15-20 minutes, mostly because they rest of the team played so well.

In the second half, however, I think he was pure class. That is the Pogba we want to see week in and week out, challenging De Bruyne for being the best CM in the league. Pogba has the potential and the ceiling. If he can find consistency under Solskjær, then he may well live up to the high expectations fans he must live under.

The thing about Pogba is that he can dribble as well as any CM out there. He can also contribute in one-twos and intricate play around the box pretty much on par with the best attacking midfielders, and his long range passing is probably the best in the world. His short passing between opponents is also excellent. His finishing and long range shooting are also very good - we just haven't seen that much of it. He is strong; he's actually pretty fast when he decides to, and he can shield the ball well - still rubbish in the air though. Combine all these attributes and he offers something no other midfielder can, but he needs to combine them on a more consistent basis. If he can do that, he will elevate the team to another level.

Tiber

Give Paul Pogba a manager who believes in him and who will want to build a team around him and good things will happen.

If you can't provide both of those things? Just sell him as it will never work out

Frank Grimes

Was obvious Solskjaer had instructed the players to release the ball quickly today. Pogba has a tendency to faff around on the ball but he released it quicker today. 2 nice balls that led to goals.

Bwuk

I've got my reservations about Pogba, but he played like a World Champion today. Intelligent, calm, composed... and determinant. Bravo Paul, more of this.
Why did you have reservations?

Honestly - Paul Pogbas ability on the ball is as good as any midfielder we’ve had at the club. His positioning could improve, and his defensive work, but his sheer talent is outrageous.

mav_9me

Yeah, because he had passing options.
Agreed.

While he does have a tendency to hold onto the ball, it was accentuated by lack of movement and passing options previously.

Clearly is easier with this kind of pass and move, esp for a talented player like him.

Of course there will be harder games to come. And we'll see if we can keep this offensive work rate up.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has very good game. Forget assists, his short passing in the final third and link up play with attackers was so good. Quick one touch passing, it looked like he was involved in everything.

Previously argument was always 2 man midfield vs 3, forget it. He is just class player when there is so much movement and options to pass, like any great midfielders, he needs players to make runs.

Hopefully we play with same style, suits our players so much better.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You must be on a wum. Your attitude is just weird. He had a few bad weeks after being scapegoated by Mourinho and suddenly it turns into months and the many games in between where he played very well are conveniently forgotten...

It was clearly a scheduled post, the whole thing (including the obsessive outrage) is daft.

His position at this club is clearly still untenable though and should be moved on at the end of the season.
Ahhh okay I get it... Easier to continue to trash him and bury your head in the sand than admit that you were gullible and easily lead by the media agenda against certain players at the club...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Brilliant brilliant performance :drool:

He is a world-class player and you must build a team around him (and 2-3 other players)......Mourinho hasn't done that in fecking 2 1/2 years and that is one of the reason his sacking was right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.