6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Full bodied red

I would have used a stronger word to express my opinion on this fraud but I’ve been accused of racism, xenophobia and clearly not being a united fan for my conviction in my opinion on him even though I’ve been over 500 games, have many pictures of Eric and Yorke and Cole in my house. The Pogbaistas need to take a look in the mirror defending this circus of a player.

Feel a lot the same.

Never wanted him back after he'd walked out on us and did warn all those on here who were having a collective orgasm when we signed him that he was far, far from being as good as the hype.

Which is a shame because he might have been a United Legend, but now I think he'll become a United Legend for all the wrong reasons.

Not too sure who to blame - him, his slimeball Agent, or Woodward / Mourinho for not seeing all this at the time.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Pogba would have to be an idiot to do either of the things that you suggested, while from a fan perspective it's a nice sentiment from a professional perspective it's frankly dumb to give up power to the club. First Pogba will have to negotiate a new contract if he was to stay and he needs to have the club in a position where they can't low ball him, he also needs to put pressure on the club in terms of team building investments and he can't go around committing himself to a club that may not be as committed to short/mid term success.
I don't like to hear these type of things from agent, players or journalists but as avid followers of Football, at some point we need to understand that fans, clubs and players perspectives are different, they don't have the same timeline and things to lose or win.
As fans we are committed for life, whether the club is successful today or in 30 years we will enjoy it the same way, outside of death time isn't an issue for us. For clubs a mid to long term plan is perfectly acceptable, some of our assets will be in their prime in 5 years, the club could easily plan to be at the top in 4 or 5 years. Footballers don't have 4 or 5 years when they are in their mid 20s, they can't really commit themselves to a 5 year plan that may or may not succeed, they need to see tangible results that match their own timeline in terms of money and trophies.
Well broken down, you explained the situation perfectly.

/thread.

ShinjiNinja26

Pogba would have to be an idiot to do either of the things that you suggested, while from a fan perspective it's a nice sentiment from a professional perspective it's frankly dumb to give up power to the club. First Pogba will have to negotiate a new contract if he was to stay and he needs to have the club in a position where they can't low ball him, he also needs to put pressure on the club in terms of team building investments and he can't go around committing himself to a club that may not be as committed to short/mid term success.
I don't like to hear these type of things from agent, players or journalists but as avid followers of Football, at some point we need to understand that fans, clubs and players perspectives are different, they don't have the same timeline and things to lose or win.
As fans we are committed for life, whether the club is successful today or in 30 years we will enjoy it the same way, outside of death time isn't an issue for us. For clubs a mid to long term plan is perfectly acceptable, some of our assets will be in their prime in 5 years, the club could easily plan to be at the top in 4 or 5 years. Footballers don't have 4 or 5 years when they are in their mid 20s, they can't really commit themselves to a 5 year plan that may or may not succeed, they need to see tangible results that match their own timeline in terms of money and trophies.
Oh, no doubt I fully understand what your saying looking at it purely from a business and professional point of view but I am a fan and from a romantic fans perspective he needs to send the fat feck packing! :lol:

Saying that if Pogba was fully committed to the club he could at least tell Raiola to shut his mouth and stop spouting shite about the club, he works for Pogba after all and he also wouldn’t be losing any leverage in future negotiations by doing so.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He wouldn’t have lasted this long under Fergie if he and his entourage behaved the way they have done the last 3 and a 1/2 years.
That's your opinion. I beg to differ. We never had a disgraceful quality team, struggling to even finish top 4, under SAF. I think Pogba would have been more than happy to stay for a long time if we were challenging for the top trophies every season.

fergiesarmy1

That is your opinion. I beg to differ. We never had a disgraceful quality team, struggling to even finish top 4, not even in CL under SAF. I think Pogba would have been more than happy to stay for a long time if we were challenging for the top trophies every season.
Be nice if we could have a £100m player to help out the team occasionally.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
His clients will do whatever they want but if one of his client tells him that he wants to win trophies, Raiola will most likely tell him that United is a bad idea. The problem here is that for some reason you can't see something very simple, his job is to advise his clients based on their requirements which is what he said in that interview, if a player wants to win trophies today, United isn't a place where he will want his clients to go. Ask him the question about money and see what he says.

Also United are one of the clubs that are perfectly happy to pay agents, so for you to actually believe that Dortmund had less issues meeting an agent demands than United is foolish, particularly when we are not even talking about a big outlay.
Raiola has basically come out and said United destroys players careers and you don't think he has any agenda? Why come out and say it the day after Haaland went to Dortmund? You don't think it's possible it's related? He's also backtracked with Pogba wanting to stay but saying the club has to change and for them to sign better players to be in the hunt for winning trophies and then a very short time later says he won't be sending any of his players to United. I'm sure Pogba is delighted hearing that.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's been injured for months, what are you on about?

What top player, if they can play in the best teams, would want to stay at a mediocre team with questionable ambitions?

Don't get it twisted. Do you really think Giggs & Scholes wouldn't have thought twice about the 2 Milan's offers, if they were playing in our current team too?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Top players want to win the top trophies, simple as that.

This crusade ignoring this simple fact is bizarre. People should channel this frustration at the board, that have allowed the club to rot, not at the players wanting to better themselves.

Did Pogba give new contracts to Jones, Young, Mata, Smalling? Not replace Herrera, Lukaku, Fellaini, leaving the squad barebones, ruining our season before it even begun?

fergiesarmy1

A 2 week ankle injury that turned into 6 weeks then into the best part of 3 months while flying round the world and is now “ill” apparently. I have doubts over his eagerness to play again for us. Also under Fergie players were expected to watch and support the team while injured while a couple of weeks warm weather training is never a bad idea spending 3 months away from the squad for a fecking ankle injury is strange and am surprised Ole even allowed it. Also he couldn’t even be arsed going to Burnley away once back playing but managed to go to France to watch his brothers play.

If none of that gives you any doubts even in the slightest about his commitment topped with pizza boys comments then god speed to you.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Raiola has basically come out and said United destroys players careers and you don't think he has any agenda? Why come out and say it the day after Haaland went to Dortmund? You don't think it's possible it's related? He's also backtracked with Pogba wanting to stay but saying the club has to change and for them to sign better players to be in the hunt for winning trophies and then a very short time later says he won't be sending any of his players to United. I'm sure Pogba is delighted hearing that.
He hasn't backtracked, he is actually repeating what he said in the previous interview which is that Pogba wants to win trophies, preferably with United, that's why I told you that the quote wasn't complete because the previous sentence says what I just wrote, it's also a repetition of his previous claim that the club is a mess since SAF left. And of course Raiola has an agenda, he is putting pressure on United, my guess is that it concerns Pogba's possible renewal and the short term goals of the club basically the club needs to have a timeline that matches with his own timeline in terms of trophies. The money part isn't even worth debating Pogba will be paid a lot whether he goes or stay.
And today, which is a key word, United isn't fit for any top player, we all know that so we aren't going to pretend that this is a shocking claim, we have enough posters who made the point that Messi would have struggled at United in the last handful of years, it's in my opinion hyperbolic but it still conveys the sentiment that our club isn't currently built for success. Any agent that is supposed to advise help his client join a successful club will have issues with the current version of United.

Since you seem to be thinking about the interview that he gave to Jason Burt, you may want to read it again. The small paragraph in La Repubblica is pretty much a repetition to the previous interview.

He'sRaldo

He hasn't backtracked, he is actually repeating what he said in the previous interview which is that Pogba wants to win trophies, preferably with United, that's why I told you that the quote wasn't complete because the previous sentence says what I just wrote, it's also a repetition of his previous claim that the club is a mess since SAF left. And of course Raiola has an agenda, he is putting pressure on United, my guess is that it concerns Pogba's possible renewal and the short term goals of the club basically the club needs to have a timeline that matches with his own timeline in terms of trophies. The money part isn't even worth debating Pogba will be paid a lot whether he goes or stay.
And today, which is a key word, United isn't fit for any top player, we all know that so we aren't going to pretend that this is a shocking claim, we have enough posters who made the point that Messi would have struggled at United in the last handful of years, it's in my opinion hyperbolic but it still conveys the sentiment that our club isn't currently built for success. Any agent that is supposed to advise help his client join a successful club will have issues with the current version of United.

Since you seem to be thinking about the interview that he gave to Jason Burt, you may want to read it again. The small paragraph in La Repubblica is pretty much a repetition to the previous interview.
Yup, with the January window opening, you could interpret the comments either as (1) Pogba angling to be sold, or (2) Raiola putting pressure on Woodward et al to do some immediate strengthening, as well as a good contract for Paul.

Which scenario you pick will most likely depend on your previous views on the situation, although both seem equally as likely at this point.

Shimo

This "la republica" - what is it?

Railoa has some sort of disorder if that's really all that he said. The interview on Sky he made is seem like at least for now was going to leave things alone and just let the January window play out without any drama. Then this all of a sudden a couple days later.

Makes me think that this is because of the Halaand deal. Probably wanted United to pay more and bring him to United, thus showing "ambition" but, since that didn't happen, he is saying United lack the desire to build a team that is worthy for Pogba to stay.

As a supporter I would love for Pogba to just come out and make a clear statement. However, if I was in his shoes, one of the top players in the world, with a short career lifespan in which to win trophies and achieve personal goals, can see wanting to leave his options open and let his agent keep him in a strong position. Doesn't make him scum of the earth, disloyal or anything. For his part, while he is here, he is being 100% professional, no one at the club speaks ill of him, not the manager or any of the players, he is also helping to guide the youth players coming through - hardly someone that doesn't give a toss about the club.

Milo2035

Not with the travelling squad according to Luckhurst
He's leaving then. People will hate him but he will be the only world class player who lasts more than 3 years at United in many years to come.
Goodluck Pogba. I know you loved this club and wanted to win something big with us. It just didn't work.

Paul_Scholes18

If we let him go now then it is quite crazy. With the thin squad we have we need more midfielders rather than less of them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yup, with the January window opening, you could interpret the comments either as (1) Pogba angling to be sold, or (2) Raiola putting pressure on Woodward et al to do some immediate strengthening, as well as a good contract for Paul.

Which scenario you pick will most likely depend on your previous views on the situation, although both seem equally as likely at this point.
To me it seems to be both. "Convince me or I'm out"

fergiesarmy1

If we let him go now then it is quite crazy. With the thin squad we have we need more midfielders rather than less of them.
Sounds like that Fernandes is incoming in January - looks good and at the very least another player you can rely on to actually play.

Walters_19_MuFc

I would have used a stronger word to express my opinion on this fraud but I’ve been accused of racism, xenophobia and clearly not being a united fan for my conviction in my opinion on him even though I’ve been over 500 games, have many pictures of Eric and Yorke and Cole in my house. The Pogbaistas need to take a look in the mirror defending this circus of a player.
What are you going on about?

Lets not go on all laid back like racism doesn't exist. It's rife and has been for a long time!

If you need to say something about Pogba say it! You don't need to mention anything about race, as it makes it seem you have the issue.

Irwin99

I really hate this circus. This thread is probably one of the busiest on redcafe and he's barely played this season. A lot of ill will goes toward the agent but he hasn't helped himself at times.

Great player on his day but meh, it's been mostly a waste of time. Shame there's only one truly great game that I can remember him for in his time at the club (City away in 17/18). There's such a distinct lack of memories.

Paul_Scholes18

Sounds like that Fernandes is incoming in January - looks good and at the very least another player you can rely on to actually play.
I hope that is true then. Also hope Mctominay is back bloody soon.
At least Matic looked good in the last game so he can hopefully do a job for now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can't wait till the circus has left town tbh. More trouble than he's worth.

He's got the talent of KDB but the heart and fight of coward. He'll never fulfill his potential here, at Madrid or Juve. More bothered about his brand than he is about United. Should have sold him in the summer when he said in Japan that he wanted to go.

fergiesarmy1

What are you going on about?

Lets not go on all laid back like racism doesn't exist. It's rife and has been for a long time!

If you need to say something about Pogba say it! You don't need to mention anything about race, as it makes it seem you have the issue.
Already posted above what I was going on about but if you don’t like Pogba it is not uncommon to be accused of being racist on here like you can’t just dislike a player based on his game or lack of it this season.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

When I talked about backtracked I was talking about Raiola making it clear that Pogba wanting to leave and then saying he could stay. I think we're both on the same page about Raiola, perhaps the only difference being is I believe the Haaland transfer set him off to make his comments about United destroying players careers because I can't see any other reason for it in this moment in time.

Everyone under the sun knows about the state the club is in. There's no reason for Raiola to come out with something like that except for pure vindictiveness and saying he won't be sending anymore of his players to United is just the icing on his cake.

If Pogba wants to stay great. I don't care how much money he'll earn or his toad of an advisor but what I cannot stand is this posturing to get what they want. You say it's his job and I do agree to a certain extent but the amount of unrest he's caused within the club and the fan base should make the club reconsider if its all worthwhile because if Pogba does sign another contract we all know past problems aren't going to go away.

Paul_Scholes18

When I talked about backtracked I was talking about Raiola making it clear that Pogba wanting to leave and then saying he could stay. I think we're both on the same page about Raiola, perhaps the only difference being is I believe the Haaland transfer set him off to make his comments about United destroying players careers because I can't see any other reason for it in this moment in time.

Everyone under the sun knows about the state the club is in. There's no reason for Raiola to come out with something like that except for pure vindictiveness and saying he won't be sending anymore of his players to United is just the icing on his cake.

If Pogba wants to stay great. I don't care how much money he'll earn or his toad of an advisor but what I cannot stand is this posturing to get what they want. You say it's his job and I do agree to a certain extent but the amount of unrest he's caused within the club and the fan base should make the club reconsider if its all worthwhile because if Pogba does sign another contract we all know past problems aren't going to go away.
Raiola will still send players to us. We pay a lot and that is what he is looking for mainly. He is just trying to force us to sell Pogba right now.

fergiesarmy1

I hope that is true then. Also hope Mctominay is back bloody soon.
At least Matic looked good in the last game so he can hopefully do a job for now.
Fred who I wasn’t convinced of for a while seems to be coming into his own now also which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.