6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Pogba wants to move on, Raiola is escalating. It is quite obvious. As i said a while ago, if Real/Barca/Juve cough up a respectable sum in the summer, he is gone.

Lesson learned with Raiola hopefully. Unnecessary drama. He works for his client of course, but Raiola is a pain when his clients want to move on and the club doesnt sell him quickly.

fergiesarmy1

:lol:

So does the fact you have said pictures up at your house suggest your opinions are more valid than someone without?
No, the fact I have pictures up of the nationalities I am accused of being xenophobic too and of black players makes people calling me racist or xenophobic because I don’t like Paul Pogba absurd.

I don’t mind people calling me a dickhead, wanker or just plain disagreeing with me but the other things are just wrong, not a laughing matter and should have been dealt with more strongly by the mods on this board.

cyberman

No, the fact I have pictures up of the nationalities I am accused of being xenophobic too and of black players makes people calling me racist or xenophobic because I don’t like Paul Pogba absurd.

I don’t mind people calling me a dickhead, wanker or just plain disagreeing with me but the other things are just wrong, not a laughing matter and should have been dealt with more strongly by the mods on this board.
Thats a bad habit thats creeping on here. The match thread on Boxing day had posters jumping on someone, calling them racist etc then it turns out he was mixed race.
It really needs to be clamped down on.

podurban2

We shouldn’t come close to his clients, but wow this is embarrassing for the club and especially Woodward. But of course, the board won’t care enough to make a change.

fergiesarmy1

Thats a bad habit thats creeping on here. The match thread on Boxing day had posters jumping on someone, calling them racist etc then it turns out he was mixed race.
It really needs to be clamped down on.
Think I was called a typical little englander also even though Im not English.

Paul_Scholes18

Is he forcing a move now in January already? Which club would that be and is that why Pogba was not on the bench against Burnley?
Can Juventus afford him? PSG? Real Madrid?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Didn't toad only yesterday say Haaland and all his clients are free to choose the clubs they want to go to because he has no input but today he's saying he wouldn't bring any of his clients here? Isn't it for his clients to decide? One of the most hypocritical statements I've seen in such a short space of time but then coming from his mouth it isn't really a surprise.

crossy1686

career ending
Well he 100% won't be signing a new contract now so I hope our recruitment department have been really fecking busy finding multiple replacements. I'll lose my shit if I hear we've had 5,000 midfielder's on our radar and we end up getting Drinkwater on loan from Chelsea...

crossy1686

career ending
Is he forcing a move now in January already? Which club would that be and is that why Pogba was not on the bench against Burnley?
Can Juventus afford him? PSG? Real Madrid?
I thought this, seemed like he'd been dropped to me but you can't say anything speculative about Pogba on this forum anymore without having an agenda against him. No one can afford him but he's free to talk to clubs as of next January so it might be wise to sell in an inflated January market. £80m anyone?

dev1l

Well he 100% won't be signing a new contract now so I hope our recruitment department have been really fecking busy finding multiple replacements. I'll lose my shit if I hear we've had 5,000 midfielder's on our radar and we end up getting Drinkwater on loan from Chelsea...
My impression is that we continued to prolong deadwood contracts because of our inability in recruitment.
A manager would know that there is no guarantee a replacement is found for a departing player

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Didn't toad only yesterday say Haaland and all his clients are free to choose the clubs they want to go to because he has no input but today he's saying he wouldn't bring any of his clients here? Isn't it for his clients to decide? One of the most hypocritical statements I've seen in such a short space of time but then coming from his mouth it isn't really a surprise.
The statement is cut here, it was in the context of winning trophies.

crossy1686

career ending
My impression is that we continued to prolong deadwood contracts because of our inability in recruitment.
A manager would know that there is no guarantee a replacement is found for a departing player
Yep. completely agree with this. Solskjaer has openly said he'd rather stick with what he's got or promote youth over 'churning' through transferred players. I agree with him to be honest.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
One thing you can't accuse ole of is failing to get rid of deadwood players, squad is thin as it is.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The statement is cut here, it was in the context of winning trophies.
With Raiola it's got nothing to do with winning trophies. Don't you think it's too much of a coincidence that United refused to meet his demands over the Haaland transfer and now he's not going to send anymore of his clients to United? Maybe I'm being blinded by pure hatred for him but for me this is all Raiola saying you don't meet my demands I'll put you on the back burner when the only thing that should matter to him is the welfare of his clients.

dev1l

One thing you can't accuse ole of is failing to get rid of deadwood players, squad is thin as it is.
I was not referring to Ole. I was referring to.the whole period since Ed took over. Starting from that farce when a team of lawyers hired by us went to try and pay Herrera s release clause and failed (on the last day of transfer window).
I read somewhere that a transfer can take us up to 8 months with Ed s system. Whereas during Fergie days, sometimes it took a couple of weeks.
That's why I think despite our drawbacks Ole and the coaches are working miracles considering the conditions they work in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think anyone cares where McTominay go for rehab.
Its only because he is Pogba, he will naturally get more attention/coverage from media and criticism from fans for whatever he did.
No, it's because he went abroad and flashed pics with celebrities days after his manager urged his players to be more boring on social media. Its because Pogba did what others (like McTominay) didn't do when injured for a few weeks.

JPRouve

Scout
With Raiola it's got nothing to do with winning trophies. Don't you think it's too much of a coincidence that United refused to meet his demands over the Haaland transfer and now he's not going to send anymore of his clients to United? Maybe I'm being blinded by pure hatred for him but for me this is all Raiola saying you don't meet my demands I'll put you on the back burner when the only thing that should matter to him is the welfare of his clients.
You are indeed being blinded by something because first the context was literally about winning trophies and potentially winning the Ballon d'Or and secondly all agents have demands and Raiola isn't different to the likes of Barnett, Mendes, Stretford, Zahavi, Joorabchian with the small difference that Raiola's clients rarely makes weird career choices unlike some of the aforementioned agents who for some reasons aren't as vilified by the press and football fans while being involved in shady deals and making themselves absolute fortunes.

And who told you that his client didn't pick Dortmund or that Dortmund doesn't fulfill his client's requirements, Haaland did sign for a chinese club?

fergiesarmy1

I’d sleep a lot better knowing we won’t have to deal with a Riola player ever again.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

fergiesarmy1

I see you have crawled out from under your rock now. Pathetic.
Ah so a different opinion to yours is pathetic now. Why don’t we make the Pogba thread a cult where only people who think he is gods gift to football are allowed to post?

dev1l

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
You are indeed being blinded by something because first the context was literally about winning trophies and potentially winning the Ballon d'Or and secondly all agents have demands and Raiola isn't different to the likes of Barnett, Mendes, Stretford, Zahavi, Joorabchian with the small difference that Raiola's clients rarely makes weird career choices unlike some of the aforementioned agents who for some reasons aren't as vilified by the press and football fans while being involved in shady deals and making themselves absolute fortunes.

And who told you that his client didn't pick Dortmund or that Dortmund doesn't fulfill his client's requirements, Haaland did sign for a chinese club?
We're losing track of my original point which was any of his clients according to him have the choice of going to any club they want. With Raiolas latest statement he's now saying that isn't the case and it all points towards United not signing Haaland because we didn't meet his demands as the reason and not because of trophies or Balon D'or. It's just another case of Raiola flexing his muscle to show that it's all about him.

What would happen if Marco Verratti decided he wants to join us? Do you think there's any chance after Raiolas latest words? His clients needs are secondary to his own illusion of what's best for him and quite frankly the sooner we have nothing more to do with this man the sooner our club can move on.

JPRouve

Scout
We're losing track of my original point which was any of his clients according to him have the choice of going to any club they want. With Raiolas latest statement he's now saying that isn't the case and it all points towards United not signing Haaland because we didn't meet his demands as the reason and not because of trophies or Balon D'or. It's just another case of Raiola flexing his muscle to show that it's all about him.

What would happen if Marco Verratti decided he wants to join us? Do you think there's any chance after Raiolas latest words? His clients needs are secondary to his own illusion of what's best for him and quite frankly the sooner we have nothing more to do with this man the sooner our club can move on.
His clients will do whatever they want but if one of his client tells him that he wants to win trophies, Raiola will most likely tell him that United is a bad idea. The problem here is that for some reason you can't see something very simple, his job is to advise his clients based on their requirements which is what he said in that interview, if a player wants to win trophies today, United isn't a place where he will want his clients to go. Ask him the question about money and see what he says.

Also United are one of the clubs that are perfectly happy to pay agents, so for you to actually believe that Dortmund had less issues meeting an agent demands than United is foolish, particularly when we are not even talking about a big outlay.

Last edited:

HJ12

I think the difference between dealing with Raiola and the rest of the shady gang is that at least publicly, most of them behave in a tactful manner. With Raiola, he has absolutely no problem dragging his client's employer's name through the mud to get what he wants. As you point out, he's not alone in extracting exorbitant fees out of the game, but he certainly is on another level when it comes to throwing his toys.

ShinjiNinja26

Couldn’t care less what shite his fat leeching bastard of an agent is spewing, need him fit and playing tomorrow night against Arsenal that’s all that matters at the minute.

JPRouve

Scout
I think the difference between dealing with Raiola and the rest of the shady gang is that at least publicly, most of them behave in a tactful manner. With Raiola, he has absolutely no problem dragging his client's employer's name through the mud to get what he wants. As you point out, he's not alone in extracting exorbitant fees out of the game, but he certainly is on another level when it comes to throwing his toys.
That I agree with, when he gets the green light he is clubs worst nightmare but that's his job and he does it for his clients, actually said that himself in one of his last interviews. But some of the other agents have sent their players in the weirdest places just for money which isn't the case for Raiola.

crossy1686

career ending
Couldn’t care less what shite his fat leeching bastard of an agent is spewing, need him fit and playing tomorrow night against Arsenal that’s all that matters at the minute.
I'm generally on the side of giving Pogba the benefit of the doubt but he really needs to distance himself from Riaola and his comments. At the moment it looks like he's speaking for him which does not do his reputation at United any favours.

ShinjiNinja26

I'm generally on the side of giving Pogba the benefit of the doubt but he really needs to distance himself from Riaola and his comments. At the moment it looks like he's speaking for him which does not do his reputation at United any favours.
Aye I think looking in the long run I’m not convinced Pogba’s hearts in it and he wants to leave, if he really wanted to stay he would’ve binned that cnut off by now or came out himself and committed himself to the club and shutdown any rumours there and then. I just want him to be professional and give 100% and turn out good performances consistently while he is at the club for however long that may be.

JPRouve

Scout
Aye I think looking in the long run I’m not convinced Pogba’s hearts in it and he wants to leave, if he really wanted to stay he would’ve binned that cnut off by now or came out himself and committed himself to the club and shutdown any rumours there and then. I just want him to be professional and give 100% and turn out good performances consistently while he is at the club for however long that may be.
Pogba would have to be an idiot to do either of the things that you suggested, while from a fan perspective it's a nice sentiment from a professional perspective it's frankly dumb to give up power to the club. First Pogba will have to negotiate a new contract if he was to stay and he needs to have the club in a position where they can't low ball him, he also needs to put pressure on the club in terms of team building investments and he can't go around committing himself to a club that may not be as committed to short/mid term success.
I don't like to hear these type of things from agent, players or journalists but as avid followers of Football, at some point we need to understand that fans, clubs and players perspectives are different, they don't have the same timeline and things to lose or win.
As fans we are committed for life, whether the club is successful today or in 30 years we will enjoy it the same way, outside of death time isn't an issue for us. For clubs a mid to long term plan is perfectly acceptable, some of our assets will be in their prime in 5 years, the club could easily plan to be at the top in 4 or 5 years. Footballers don't have 4 or 5 years when they are in their mid 20s, they can't really commit themselves to a 5 year plan that may or may not succeed, they need to see tangible results that match their own timeline in terms of money and trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.